ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Teenager locked in his bedroom for high school, kicked out when he turned 18 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264020)

ReynardMuldrake 09-21-2012 08:11 AM

Teenager locked in his bedroom for high school, kicked out when he turned 18

Quote:

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Investigators say a Georgia man took his stepson and put him on a bus for California. The teen was spotted by a security guard at the downtown Greyhound bus station.

It was last Tuesday at the downtown bus station that security guard Joe Gonzalez first noticed Mitch Comer, 18, looking like lost and scared 12-year-old. Alarmed by the teen's frail appearance and the story he told, Gonzalez, a retired police sergeant, notified the LAPD.

"The story we got was that the stepfather took the kid to the bus depot, said 'Here's $200, here's a list of the homeless shelters in Los Angeles, you're a man now and don't come back,'" said LAPD Commander Andrew Smith.

The teen told police he had been held captive by his parents, Paul and Sheila Comer, for four years after being taken out of school in the 8th grade. The Comers are now in custody after being arrested at their home in Dallas, an upscale Georgia suburb. They're facing child abuse and false imprisonment charges, and their two younger daughters were removed from the home.

"The sisters that were inside the house apparently didn't even know what color hair this kid had because they hadn't seen him in a couple years because he'd been locked in that bedroom for several years," said Smith.

"He weighed 97 pounds, he's 5 foot 3. The LAPD officer said that his skin was translucent, that he was obviously malnourished," said Georgia's Paulding County District Attorney Dick Donovan.

Donovan says the 18-year-old told police that the stepfather, Paul Comer, drove the teen to a bus stop in Mississippi on his 18th birthday. The teen spent a day at Exodus Recovery Center in L.A. and nearly a week in a local group home before Georgia authorities flew him back home.

Mitch Comer didn't know what city he had come from and didn't know his own address. His parents were tracked down through their in-home business.
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...rticle-8818741

Scorp 09-21-2012 08:34 AM

Can he ride a horse?

Chief Gump 09-21-2012 08:35 AM

Can he QB?

vailpass 09-21-2012 08:47 AM

I'd like to beat the shit out of that step dad, and the mom too. Animals.

GordonGekko 09-21-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8932710)

Prison is just around the corner, I'm sure this is a comin' for them.

I hope the kid gets $millions out of this somehow. Maybe write a book?

vailpass 09-21-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 8932727)
Prison is just around the corner, I'm sure this is a comin' for them.

I hope the kid gets $millions out of this somehow. Maybe write a book?

Hopefully some good comes of it. When I think of that poor child being robbed of his high school years imprisoned at home with no one to love or care for him it makes me want to cry.

Phobia 09-21-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8932710)

Don't be so hard on them. The kid had translucent skin and was a skinny midget. What are you going to do other than lock it in a basement?

Chiefnj2 09-21-2012 08:56 AM

I wonder if the parents in home business specialized in extreme home schooling?

Black Bob 09-21-2012 08:56 AM

It was probably sorter... I mean the dad. He seems to definately be into some weird shit with kids.

lcarus 09-21-2012 08:58 AM

Somehow I think of this as tame compared to the Austrian old guy who imprisoned his daughter and the children he made by raping her, in a basement complex for like decades or whatever it was. THAT was horrifying. So is this.

vailpass 09-21-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8932734)
Don't be so hard on them. The kid had translucent skin and was a skinny midget. What are you going to do other than lock it in a basement?

:D Ouch.

Fish 09-21-2012 09:01 AM

Kid looks pretty rough...

http://imageshack.us/a/img825/6919/gollum300.jpg

-King- 09-21-2012 09:01 AM

So if the kid snapped and killed them... Would he go to jail for it or would it count as a form of self defense?
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass 09-21-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8932756)
So if the kid snapped and killed them... Would he go to jail for it or would it count as a form of self defense?
Posted via Mobile Device

I know how I'd vote if I was on that jury. You?

threebag 09-21-2012 09:06 AM

I would say self defense