ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Finally upgraded to a new gas grill (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274690)

BWillie 07-22-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9826701)
Dafuq?!?!?

Look, I think Gas Grills are the debil and think anyone that has to resort to one is less of a man for having to do so.

That all being said - you should go kill yourself...immediately.

Matchlight? Are you ****ing kidding me? Lighter fluid in general is awful and that matchlight shit is the most god-awful, meat ruining substance to ever grace God's green earth. I believe it was invented when Hitler was in charge of research and development for Kingsford.

As others have said - WTF is so difficult about a chimney starter? Start your coals and wait 10 minutes. It's ridiculously easy and involves zero lighter fluid (seriously...I can't believe someone just suggested matchlight on filets. Has that person killed himself yet?). Get your steaks out of the fridge and let them come down a bit while you're waiting for the coals to burn and you're in good shape.

There's nothing that can be done on a grill that doesn't take 10 minutes unless you're talking about hot dogs. Making hamburgers? It's going to take you 5-10 minutes to season and form. Chicken? Seasoning and patting. Steaks? Season, pat and rest. Everything on a grill takes 10 minutes or so of prep.

So why someone believes you can't just use that ten minutes while waiting for the coals to glow is just beyond me.

I fail to understand what kind of grill you use has any bearing on how big of a man you are. If you shoot your animal and then grill it on a pink gas mini grill u are still a bigger man than some charcoal grilling fat ass who sits outside for hours blowing at his little charcoals.

Ming the Merciless 07-22-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9827488)
Gas vs charcoal reminds me of Xbox vs PS3. haha, good laughs all around.

Except its old, fat bald guys whose wives wont **** them and suck their dicks any more

Instead of young, pimply faces virgins who have assbergers

Ming the Merciless 07-22-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9826956)
A top sirloin is a more chewy than a New York and a Filet, that's why I prefer a sirloin.

Well you're in the 1% of people who like their steak tougher/chewier rather than melt in your mouth

But you are also in the .001% of people who claim they can taste the gas "on the food" cooked from a propane gas or natural gas grill/oven.

I'm also gonna guess youre in the same percentage of people who have been abducted by transexual Yeti's and raped in the wilderness

Or maybe also the same % that believe that a UFO is responsible for your headaches because they didnt use enough lube on the massive anal probe

Bwana 07-22-2013 08:47 PM

Good call!

In58men 07-22-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9828286)
Well you're in the 1% of people who like their steak tougher/chewier rather than melt in your mouth

But you are also in the .001% of people who claim they can taste the gas "on the food" cooked from a propane gas or natural gas grill/oven.

I'm also gonna guess youre in the same percentage of people who have been abducted by transexual Yeti's and raped in the wilderness

Or maybe also the same % that believe that a UFO is responsible for your headaches because they didnt use enough lube on the massive anal probe

Just shut the **** up.

HonestChieffan 07-22-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9825994)
http://www.charbroil.com/grills/gas-...met-t-22d.html

The steaks came out great for a change.:thumb:

Nice to have a grill that makes me feel like I can cook again.

Gas. Not an upgrade. Amateur Hour

007 07-22-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9828375)

It is a huge upgrade in my case. :p

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9828375)

:facepalm:

007 07-22-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9828430)
:facepalm:

Don't you love how people feel this need to show how they are better than everyone else?

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9828434)
Don't you love how people feel this need to show how they are better than everyone else?

It's ridiculous. Gas grills are perfectly capable of providing excellent results. All about the grill master, the quality of beef, the seasoning, etc.

I've had crap burgers and chicken on gas and charcoal. The things I listed are far more important.

Silock 07-22-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9828444)
It's ridiculous. Gas grills are perfectly capable of providing excellent results. All about the grill master, the quality of beef, the seasoning, etc.

I've had crap burgers and chicken on gas and charcoal. The things I listed are far more important.

Indeed.

Gas is way more convenient. Especially at my house, where it's hooked up to the natural gas line, and I don't even have to worry about propane tanks. Winning. No one ever complains about the quality of my steaks and burgers, and always compliments them. The prep is way more important.

GloryDayz 07-23-2013 06:36 AM

Gas vs. Charcoal... Who cares as long as you're grilling...

Enjoy that new grill and grill-out most nights of the week!

R8RFAN 07-23-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9828434)

I love my infrared gas grill and it makes a great steak, chicken, or pork chops...

mazrim1978 07-23-2013 07:59 AM

Charcoal is the way to go imo,, although gas isn't cheating as bad as the treager, great easy cooking with that, even though my next grill is going to be a big Green egg. That's a grill Any man can be proud off!!!

jspchief 07-23-2013 08:05 AM

Surprised by how many people say they grill with lump charcoal. It burns pretty unevenly, so anything cooked with direct heat is going to have hot spots.

That's the biggest advantage of briquettes. They burn very evenly.