ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Tony Gonzalez is in...Thannon Tharpe/Marino are out (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281550)

Lightrise 02-18-2014 05:05 PM

The pregame shows on both CBS and Fox are not watchable. Tony won't make them watchable either. Only the NFL channel can do this anymore. Marino never contributed a thing in my view, though Sharpe is easy to dislike, mostly from his playing days, he still managed to focus on things that were more credible than anybody else had to say.

I think the most interesting commentary comes from Kurt Warner on the NFL channel and also the Playbook crew. Frankly the only way to save the CBS and Fox shows is to focus more on what GM types have to say, perhaps a sports reporter or two on a rotating basis and maybe a draft guru, someone to expose those that are failing and highlighting those succeeding and fool around with the rumor mill more.

In both shows nobody, and I mean nobody, manages to make me laugh. The attempts to be funny, while desired, falls hopelessly flat.

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 10439172)
Ha, just like the record books. Gonzo just can't stop knocking Sharpe off his pedestal.

except for the SB rings of course.

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightrise (Post 10439780)
The pregame shows on both CBS and Fox are not watchable. Tony won't make them watchable either. Only the NFL channel can do this anymore. Marino never contributed a thing in my view, though Sharpe is easy to dislike, mostly from his playing days, he still managed to focus on things that were more credible than anybody else had to say.

I think the most interesting commentary comes from Kurt Warner on the NFL channel and also the Playbook crew. Frankly the only way to save the CBS and Fox shows is to focus more on what GM types have to say, perhaps a sports reporter or two on a rotating basis and maybe a draft guru, someone to expose those that are failing and highlighting those succeeding and fool around with the rumor mill more.

In both shows nobody, and I mean nobody, manages to make me laugh. The attempts to be funny, while desired, falls hopelessly flat.

there's a lot of fluff and you'd think that these networks would figure out that the audience isnt as stupid as they think it is. Either way, the NFLN is catering to minorities and women so they are gonna be all about that.

I think women really are the main audience the NFL wants to cater too. It's really weird.

MahiMike 02-18-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10439357)
I don't know how you guys even watch pregame shows.

Only way ill ever watch a pregame show is if they get the guys from Inside The NBA guys go do it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Strange comment. Do you eat pizza without beer?

Why Not? 02-18-2014 05:25 PM

Pre-game shows are lame. Before the game log in to CP, fap to T-post Tom's avatar, then watch the game. Win

Reerun_KC 02-18-2014 05:34 PM

Maybe tony can win something on tv, cause he cant win anything on the football field

KChiefs1 02-18-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10439166)
No more mushmouth? This is the best news I've heard all day.

:thumb:

KChiefs1 02-18-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10439221)
I remember when pregame shows weren't just a bunch of retired has-beens talking over each other.

Brent Musburger, Irv Cross, Phyllis George & Jimmy the Greek.

ChiefGator 02-18-2014 06:16 PM

Marino started terrible, but I thought he ended up decent the last couple years. This is all about issues away from camera.

afchief 02-18-2014 06:29 PM

First episode as I could imagine it.

JB: Welcome to NFL TODAY and we'd like to also welcome Tony G. with a live call from a long time fan. Welcome fan

FAN: Dammit THB I ain't no fan. You gave my thob to this mother thucker. Thony I'm going thill you.

TONY: Shannon, is that you. You wouldn't be so angry if your diet was better. You know your body is your temple. Eat more fruit.

SHANNON: Thuck You Thony. Your a dead man.

TONY: Kiwi, Shannon. The key is kiwi.

JB: Well we seemed to have lost the connection. Sure was nice hearing from Shannon.

SAUTO 02-18-2014 07:13 PM

I cant believe there are still chiefs fans who cant spell his name right

digger 02-18-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10439166)
No more mushmouth? This is the best news I've heard all day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 10439172)
Ha, just like the record books. Gonzo just can't stop knocking Sharpe off his pedestal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 10439176)
Might actually watch a pre game show then!

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 10439191)
Glad for Tony. Good riddance Thannon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by afchief (Post 10439906)
First episode as I could imagine it.

JB: Welcome to NFL TODAY and we'd like to also welcome Tony G. with a live call from a long time fan. Welcome fan

FAN: Dammit THB I ain't no fan. You gave my thob to this mother thucker. Thony I'm going thill you.

TONY: Shannon, is that you. You wouldn't be so angry if your diet was better. You know your body is your temple. Eat more fruit.

SHANNON: Thuck You Thony. Your a dead man.

TONY: Kiwi, Shannon. The key is kiwi.

JB: Well we seemed to have lost the connection. Sure was nice hearing from Shannon.

These. :LOL: :thumb:

cabletech94 02-18-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10439983)
I cant believe there are still chiefs fans who cant spell his name right

thannnonn tharrrrpe?

LMAO

Big Poppa Payne 02-18-2014 07:59 PM

The problem is Shannon Sharpe's speech pathologist was Leon Spinks.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-18-2014 08:02 PM

Can't carry TG s jock on and off the field.