ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Crazy NFL Salaries (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=201371)

DaKCMan AP 01-29-2009 01:50 PM

Crazy NFL Salaries
 
It's clear if you want to be overpaid and under-perform, sign with Oakland.

Top earners for 2008:

1. Ben Roethlisberger - $27,701,920
2. Jared Allen - $21,119,256
3. Larry Fitzgerald - $17,103,480
4. Jamarcus Russell - $16,872,400
5. Michael Turner - $16,003,840
6. Chris Snee - $14,890,000
7. Asante Samuel - $14,145,500
8. Moss, Randy - $14,006,720
9. Adams, Flozell - $14,005,760
10. Kelly, Tommy - $13,978,480
11. Owens, Terrell - $13,731,560
12. Berrian, Bernard - $13,705,000
13. Roos, Michael - $13,505,520
14. Faine, Jeff - $13,105,760
15. Smith, Will - $12,950,000
16. Romo, Tony - $12,886,600
17. Wharton, Travelle - $12,850,000
18. Odom, Antwan - $12,800,000
19. Newman, Terence - $12,611,240
20. Barber, Marion - $12,522,400
21. Smith, Justin (DE) - $12,250,000
22. Walker, Javon - $12,000,960
23. Favre, Brett - $12,000,000
24. Jackson, Steven - $12,000,000
25. Pace, Calvin - $12,000,000

bowener 01-29-2009 01:54 PM

Wow, Big Ben... that pay check must be hard to live on. ****!! I hate my life :(

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-29-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 5438336)
It's clear if you want to be overpaid and under-perform, sign with Oakland.

Top earners for 2008:

1. Ben Roethlisberger - $27,701,920
2. Jared Allen - $21,119,256
3. Larry Fitzgerald - $17,103,480
4. Jamarcus Russell - $16,872,400
5. Michael Turner - $16,003,840
6. Chris Snee - $14,890,000
7. Asante Samuel - $14,145,500
8. Moss, Randy - $14,006,720
9. Adams, Flozell - $14,005,760
10. Kelly, Tommy - $13,978,480
11. Owens, Terrell - $13,731,560
12. Berrian, Bernard - $13,705,000
13. Roos, Michael - $13,505,520
14. Faine, Jeff - $13,105,760
15. Smith, Will - $12,950,000
16. Romo, Tony - $12,886,600
17. Wharton, Travelle - $12,850,000
18. Odom, Antwan - $12,800,000
19. Newman, Terence - $12,611,240
20. Barber, Marion - $12,522,400
21. Smith, Justin (DE) - $12,250,000
22. Walker, Javon - $12,000,960
23. Favre, Brett - $12,000,000
24. Jackson, Steven - $12,000,000
25. Pace, Calvin - $12,000,000

Or Dallas.

And Chris Snee? Chris ****ing Snee? Jebus.

OnTheWarpath15 01-29-2009 01:58 PM

Wow.

$27M for the 24th rated passer and a 1.13-to-1 TD/INT ratio.

I'm betting Philip Rivers is looking at that and smiling.

Demonpenz 01-29-2009 01:58 PM

Where is manning at. There are some guys on there that are great players. A joy to watch.

FringeNC 01-29-2009 01:58 PM

With salaries like that, making the Pioli the highest paid GM is so worth it. His salary is chump change comparatively, and he has so much more impact long-term than almost all of those players.

Buck 01-29-2009 01:59 PM

Wow.

Buck 01-29-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5438366)
Wow.

$27M for the 24th rated passer and a 1.13/1 TD/INT ratio.

I'm betting Philip Rivers is looking at that and smiling.

Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning are going to enjoy this offseason, this much is clear.

Delano 01-29-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5438360)
Or Dallas.

And Chris Snee? Chris ****ing Snee? Jebus.

Family bonus.

The Pest 01-29-2009 02:02 PM

Javon Walker has to be the smartest man alive.

OnTheWarpath15 01-29-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5438373)
Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning are going to enjoy this offseason, this much is clear.

Rivers deserves it, IMO.

Manning, not so much.

I loved the Inside the NFL segment a few weeks ago when they asked Simms about this potential contract, and he said, "well, he'll get it, but he's maybe the 15th best QB in the league."

Eli's basically getting paid because he had a 6 game run over his 4 year career, and his defense shut down the most potent offense in the league, getting him a ring.

bowener 01-29-2009 02:04 PM

What is the Raiders Cap situation next year?

DaKCMan AP 01-29-2009 02:05 PM

BTW, the two highest paid Chiefs this year: Branden Albert and Glenn Dorsey.

However, the highest cap values was Patrick Surtain.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-29-2009 02:05 PM

Really, this list is just all who signed a new contract this year and got the bonus money kicked in.

It will be an entirely new list next year. Still, though. Chris ****ing Snee :shake:

DaKCMan AP 01-29-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 5438391)
What is the Raiders Cap situation next year?

Not sure, but their total payroll in 2008 was most in the NFL: $152,389,371. :eek:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.