ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Why........... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=140449)

Mr. Flopnuts 05-08-2006 01:27 PM

Why...........

have the Chiefs not signed Ty Law yet. Didn't Clayton say Friday?

Rain Man 05-08-2006 01:47 PM

I wonder how much time he saves by having such a short signature. By signing "Ty Law" on his checks and autographs instead of "Martin Gramatica" or "Ladainian Tomlinson", does he get to spend more time on the practice field or in the weight room? Is he an all-pro because he's had an extra three months of cumulative practice time by signing a five-letter name instead of something longer? I wonder if anyone has ever studied this.

Lzen 05-08-2006 01:52 PM

I've been wondering the same thing. That's why I said last week that I'll believe it when I see it. I've seen this song and dance before.

greg63 05-08-2006 02:33 PM

Quit stealing my thread titles. :D

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=140424

Cormac 05-08-2006 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
I wonder how much time he saves by having such a short signature. By signing "Ty Law" on his checks and autographs instead of "Martin Gramatica" or "Ladainian Tomlinson", does he get to spend more time on the practice field or in the weight room? Is he an all-pro because he's had an extra three months of cumulative practice time by signing a five-letter name instead of something longer? I wonder if anyone has ever studied this.

You might be on to something. Ladainian Tomlinson signs his name "LT" now. That must be why he's the best RB in the league. Somebody should tell LJ.

Dr. Johnny Fever 05-08-2006 02:48 PM

Quote:

Why do you think Chris Fuamatumaafala (sp?) never made it big?

sedated 05-08-2006 02:49 PM

Quote:

that's why I sign everything with an"X"

...that, and I can't read :deevee:

jspchief 05-08-2006 02:50 PM

Because he's shopping around for the best offer.

If history tells us anything, KC isunlikely to be the team that makes that offer.

Rain Man 05-08-2006 02:53 PM

Over time, Johnny Unitas became known as Johnny U.

We've got Ty Law, LT, LT2, Johnny U., and hopefully LJ, all premier players who stand out as proof of this new theory. If I had figured this out 25 years ago, I might be in the Hall of Fame today.

Baby Lee 05-08-2006 03:12 PM

Quote:

Over time, Johnny Unitas became known as Johnny U.

We've got Ty Law, LT, LT2, Johnny U., and hopefully LJ, all premier players who stand out as proof of this new theory. If I had figured this out 25 years ago, I might be in the Hall of Fame today.

Interesting to see the Progression of 'Diddy,' from his onerous beginnings as Sir Puffington Paterfamilias.

Rain Man 05-08-2006 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
Interesting to see the Progression of 'Diddy,' from his onerous beginnings as Sir Puffington Paterfamilias.

And he keeps getting richer.

I may have to change my user name to Ra Ma.