ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Al Saunders (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=140374)

blueballs 05-06-2006 05:46 PM

Al Saunders

Al Saunders won a Super Bowl with the Rams. Then came to Kansas City with Vermeil along with some other of the Rams staff. He was named the OC and they brought in Rams QB Trent Green. He had one of the top offenses in the league for 4 years.

Now he is the OC in Washington with back up QB Todd Collins and practice squad phenom Richard Smith.

Can Saunders strike gold a third time? If so how long will it take? Have other coaches gone on to success with their third team?

Questions that need answers or opinions.

JBucc 05-06-2006 05:55 PM

I think he'll do fine and I wish we'd kept Richard Smith.

chiefsfaninNC 05-06-2006 06:00 PM

The Skins were very close last year. If he gives them any sort of offense they could be very scary this year.

burt 05-06-2006 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfaninNC
The Skins were very close last year. If he gives them any sort of offense they could be very scary this year.

He is a bit conservative for my taste, but he could be the bump that the Skins need.....

milkman 05-06-2006 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Mercer
He is a bit conservative for my taste, but he could be the bump that the Skins need.....

Wait.

The most common bitch about Al around here was that he lacked conservatism.
That he liked to get cute with his play calling.

And you think he was too conservative?

burt 05-06-2006 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
Wait.

The most common bitch about Al around here was that he lacked conservatism.
That he liked to get cute with his play calling.

And you think he was too conservative?

yes.

melbar 05-06-2006 06:50 PM

Actually Saunders was just the QB coach with the Rams , Marts was the OC.

milkman 05-06-2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

yes.

I have a strong feeling then, that you are going to like Mike Solari as much as I like Gunt.

burt 05-06-2006 06:55 PM

Quote:

I have a strong feeling then, that you are going to like Mike Solari as much as I like Gunt.

I LOVE GUN, he is awesome!!

unlurking 05-06-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

You never get tired of triple reverse fake come back passes for a 2 yard gain.

milkman 05-06-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

I LOVE GUN, he is awesome!!

Yeah, so?

burt 05-06-2006 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking
You never get tired of triple reverse fake come back passes for a 2 yard gain.

I am not talking about that kind of shit. I am saying that Saunders was SSSSOOOOOO predictable. Or someone was. Mix it up a bit. Part of play calling HAS to be catching the other team flat footed.....unaware. If you run the same play, in the same situation, the same thing happens as when the Faiders got squelched by the Bucs, in the Bowl.

Sometimes ya just gotta run an unsuccessfull play to set up a game winning long play. Play calling isn't just calling 1 play. Or run this exact play in this situation.

unlurking 05-06-2006 07:37 PM

Quote:

I am not talking about that kind of shit. I am saying that Saunders was SSSSOOOOOO predictable. Or someone was. Mix it up a bit. Part of play calling HAS to be catching the other team flat footed.....unaware. If you run the same play, in the same situation, the same thing happens as when the Faiders got squelched by the Bucs, in the Bowl.

Sometimes ya just gotta run an unsuccessfull play to set up a game winning long play. Play calling isn't just calling 1 play. Or run this exact play in this situation.

I can agree with that. Al was so cutesy you could predict it. 3rd and 9? Pass to Dante one yard from the LOS.

Halfcan 05-06-2006 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
I think he'll do fine and I wish we'd kept Richard Smith.

I think we can find someone else to drop passes.

TRR 05-06-2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

How can you possibly criticize Al Saunders???? The guy ran the #1 offense in the league for the last how many seasons? This O has put up some stats that equal the best offenses in NFL history. Yet he was too predictable? LOL, that is laughable.