ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Demias Jimerson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256622)

listopencil 02-29-2012 01:14 PM

Demias Jimerson

At the young age of 11-years-old, Demias Jimerson reminds a lot of people of Razorback great Madre Hill.

"If you were looking at them you would say they were very much similar," said Darryl Baker, who coached Hill and now referees Jimerson's games. "I mean they both run really fast, good kids, run with the same style."

Like Jimerson, Hill attended Wilson Intermediate School and dominated the football field so thoroughly, the league invoked what came to be known as the Madre Hill Rule. Once Hill scored three touchdowns, if his team had a 14-point lead, officials banned him from scoring any more touchdowns. Now, for the first time since, the Wilson Intermediate Football League is using the Madre Hill rule again -- to tackle Demias Jimerson.

"I got, kinda got shocked because I didn't know that was gonna happen, but it did," said Jimerson. Adding, "I'm ok with it."

Principal Bryant, the defacto commissioner of the Wilson Intermediate Football League, says the rule isn't meant to punish Jimerson. It's there to help the other fifth and sixth graders on the field develop as football players too.

"The other players on both teams, 21 are just left sort of, this is all Demias," she said. "So that's why the Madre Hill Rule has been implemented."

But the Madre Hill rule is only for fifth and sixth grades. Next year, Jimerson goes to seventh grade.

"I'm gonna run hard and bring our team to victory," said Jimerson. Then he added, "but God always comes first, before anything, and grades second."

God, grades, then touchdowns -- Madre Hill Rule or not.

Jimerson played a couple of games this season before the Wilson League invoked the Madre Hill Rule. In one of those games, he scored seven touchdowns. Jimerson's team is undefeated.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C9a_-UKYdNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm curious because the title of the YouTube video says he was benched but the explanation of the rule just says he is "banned from scoring anymore touchdowns". Still...I have never heard of anything like this rule and I was involved in Pop Warner football when my kids were at that age range. Usually once it becomes obvious that your team is going to slaughter the other team you sub heavily and go to 3rd/4th/5th string assignments. You don't take a kid out just because he is very effective and you have a two score lead. Crazy.

listopencil 02-29-2012 01:15 PM

I used the search function and didn't find anything. If Q, bite me. At least it's football related.

Fat Elvis 02-29-2012 01:17 PM

According to Chiefzilla, if we manage to wind up drafting RG3, we will give up so many picks that we will have no chance at this kid when he turns pro.

listopencil 02-29-2012 01:29 PM

Man, this is still just sticking with me. It's like Harrison Bergeron.

RealSNR 02-29-2012 01:34 PM

Jimerson needs more carries

vailpass 02-29-2012 01:36 PM

Demias? Is there a special book where they get these names?

Thig Lyfe 02-29-2012 01:36 PM

"I'm okay with it."

Haha, this kid's cool. Definitely Right 53 material.

58-4ever 02-29-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 8407882)
"I'm okay with it."

Haha, this kid's cool. Definitely Right 53 material.

Print 'em

-King- 02-29-2012 01:40 PM

This is at least a year old.
Posted via Mobile Device

listopencil 02-29-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8407881)
Demias? Is there a special book where they get these names?

It's a hybrid of Damian and Darius.

vailpass 02-29-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8407904)
It's a hybrid of Damian and Darius.

Sure, why not?

listopencil 02-29-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8407896)
This is at least a year old.
Posted via Mobile Device

All of the articles I saw appear to be from last Fall.

listopencil 02-29-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8407906)
Sure, why not?

Not my cup of tea, I went with classic names for my kids. My son's name actually forms a complete sentence when translated.

listopencil 02-29-2012 01:55 PM

In fact the etymology of my son's name is...

First name: Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English

Second name: Mesopotamian to Hebrew to English

Last name: Gaelic

vailpass 02-29-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8407925)
Not my cup of tea, I went with classic names for my kids. My son's name actually forms a complete sentence when translated.

I thought you were kidding about the combined names. Makes no difference to me, I just sometimes wonder where people come up with some of these names.