ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jeff Chadiha Interviewed on 810 this morning -Interesting bits about Cassel and OC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255513)

Chiefnj2 01-26-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8328176)
Of course, of course. It's all rumor and innuendo. None of it is true.

Unless it's about Haley.

:rolleyes:

Fine, it's true. I don't have a problem if the rumor was true. Weis didn't think Cassel could cut it, yet Weis was able to call plays that enabled Cassel to put up numbers that got him a pro bowl alternate spot.

The rumor was also that it was Haley who took Cassel under his wing and developed him.

Now follow along. Lots of people claim Haley was starting Palko to piss off Pioli and perhaps get fired. If Haley wanted to piss off Pioli why would Haley be so loyal to Cassel? If Cassel is/was Pioli's golden child, why was Haley also loyal to him?

dirk digler 01-26-2012 10:45 AM

God I hate this franchise more and more every day. Pioli is a POS but this all falls on Clark for allowing it to happen. **** him and the entire worthless Hunt family.

seaofred 01-26-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 8328158)
Weiss...

Weiss had nothing to do with Cassel, read the OP.

htismaqe 01-26-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8328184)
Fine, it's true. I don't have a problem if the rumor was true. Weis didn't think Cassel could cut it, yet Weis was able to call plays that enabled Cassel to put up numbers that got him a pro bowl alternate spot.

The rumor was also that it was Haley who took Cassel under his wing and developed him.

Now follow along. Lots of people claim Haley was starting Palko to piss off Pioli and perhaps get fired. If Haley wanted to piss off Pioli why would Haley be so loyal to Cassel? If Cassel is/was Pioli's golden child, why was Haley also loyal to him?

Haley started Palko because he was a Pennsylvania kid and somebody that Haley could live vicariously through.

jiveturkey 01-26-2012 10:47 AM

This is pretty disappointing. When we hired Pioli I really thought that we won the GM lottery.

seaofred 01-26-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8328192)
Haley started Palko because he was a Pennsylvania kid and somebody that Haley could live vicariously through.

Maybe Haley played Palko, because he was the best QB that Pioli had given him to use...

htismaqe 01-26-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 8328196)
Maybe Haley played Palko, because he was the best QB that Pioli had given him to use...

2 different people, with different viewpoints, close to the situation have told me different.

FringeNC 01-26-2012 10:50 AM

I think it's pretty clear Haley was fired because he wasn't aboard the Cassel Express. In Pioli's mind, Cassel is the franchise, a la Tom Brady.

ChiefsCountry 01-26-2012 10:52 AM

Cassel is Pioli's ego plain and simple. Cassel was hand picked by Pioli in the draft, then he traded for him and then gave him the big contract. Pioli is just a worthless fat ****er.

htismaqe 01-26-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 8328203)
I think it's pretty clear Haley was fired because he wasn't aboard the Cassel Express. In Pioli's mind, Cassel is the franchise, a la Tom Brady.

Haley was fired because he was a ****ing lunatic. There's a reason it came after the Jets game...

seaofred 01-26-2012 10:53 AM

I think Haley was fired, because he and Pioli just couldn't get a long. And the fact that Pioli has created an atmospher that nobody wants to work at shows that maybe just maybe Haley wasn't the problem.

Dayze 01-26-2012 10:54 AM

it wouldn't surprise me if Pioli hired Mark Mangino as the teams' strength and conditioning coach.

ChiefsCountry 01-26-2012 10:55 AM

Haley was bat shit crazy thats the big reason he was fired. He might have also been pushed in that direction even farther by Scott "Egojanitor" Pioli.

FringeNC 01-26-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8328212)
Haley was fired because he was a ****ing lunatic. There's a reason it came after the Jets game...

I would feel more optimistic about the Chiefs had it been Pioli fired rather than Haley.

Edit: Look at it in context of the article. Haley is throwing Cassel under the bus for his time here. Rightly so. I'd bet a lot of money that the heat between Pioli and Haley was all about Matt Cassel.

htismaqe 01-26-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 8328215)
I think Haley was fired, because he and Pioli just couldn't get a long. And the fact that Pioli has created an atmospher that nobody wants to work at shows that maybe just maybe Haley wasn't the problem.

They couldn't get along because Haley is mister CIA keep everything close to the vest and buttoned up.

Haley was a loose cannon and couldn't be trusted.