ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Percy Harvin (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269891)

The Bad Guy 02-10-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9391917)
sure it is

We need to draft/develop quick,elusive athletes and turn them into weapons.

middle round picks that play with reckless abandon

You draft RB's and KR type guys in the draft every year

Yeah, it's really that simple.

Please. Harvin is an exceptional talent.

Setsuna 02-10-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9391859)
We have Brandon Siler.

He's average though. I mean playmakers.

Jerm 02-10-2013 04:12 PM

In a heartbeat....

Also wonder if the Eagles would be tempted to move Maclin...know he's injured a lot but I still believe he can be a dynamic playmaker.

Deberg_1990 02-10-2013 04:14 PM

Maclin or Harvin? They each have similar stats.

BlackHelicopters 02-10-2013 04:15 PM

Dude is fast.

Titty Meat 02-10-2013 04:15 PM

No not for a 2nd theres a lot if great talent at wr in this draft.

Mr. Laz 02-10-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9391924)
Yeah, it's really that simple.

Please. Harvin is an exceptional talent.

I'm not specifically against Harvin.

I just think our system should be about drafting and developing those guys.

You get in the habit of trading for them and you lose draft picks,they cost more, don't last as long and they are often not as productive once with you.

BossChief 02-10-2013 04:26 PM

He is on the last year of his contract for just under 3 million...I think I'd rather just draft a kid.

1) he is gonna need a new contract. How much financial commitment would be reasonable for just the receivers? Bowe$ + Harvin$ = ?

2) migrane and concussion issues.

3) lots of good receivers (including the possibility of Tavon Austin) should be available at 34.

Hootie 02-10-2013 04:29 PM

I just wish people on this board would go do some draft research.

I just went from 2007 through 2009 (just 3 years) and I didn't see one guy in our 2nd round pick range that is NEARLY as valuable as Percy Harvin.

If we landed a Percy Harvin equal talent at 34 it would be a GIGANTIC win and literally a 5 percenter...

this board DRASTICALLY overvalues draft picks from the 2nd round and below...I love the draft. It excites me greatly.

The last Patriots GREAT draft was when they flipped a 2nd and 7th for Welker and a 4th for Moss.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-10-2013 04:36 PM

After the NFL Dream Team Experience, Reid might still be rollercoaster queasy.

DeezNutz 02-10-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9391961)
I just wish people on this board would go do some draft research.

I just went from 2007 through 2009 (just 3 years) and I didn't see one guy in our 2nd round pick range that is NEARLY as valuable as Percy Harvin.

If we landed a Percy Harvin equal talent at 34 it would be a GIGANTIC win and literally a 5 percenter...

this board DRASTICALLY overvalues draft picks from the 2nd round and below...I love the draft. It excites me greatly.

The last Patriots GREAT draft was when they flipped a 2nd and 7th for Welker and a 4th for Moss.

I couldn't give a **** what those frauds in NE have done in the draft.

Look at the last three years of second-round picks, particularly picks made in the first half of the second round.

Bowser 02-10-2013 04:36 PM

We need another receiver in the worst way, and that's provided we keep Bowe.

Harvin is a great talent, but am I crazy to not want to trade our second rounder for him, despite Hootie thinking second rounders aren't worth it?

If I had my way, I'd trade McCluster and our third for Harvin, draft the best corner we could find with the second rounder, and throw some cash at Maclin to get him here (I think he's a FA?).

DJ's left nut 02-10-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9391917)
sure it is

We need to draft/develop quick,elusive athletes and turn them into weapons.

middle round picks that play with reckless abandon

You draft RB's and KR type guys in the draft every year

Percy Harvin isn't 'a KR type guy'.

He's one of the top 10 receivers and playmakers in the league. He has great hands, runs good routes and is as explosive as they come. He was on his way to an MVP season last year, if you hadn't noticed.

You're acting like Harvin is Devon Wylie or eve Devin Hester. He's not. Percy Harvin is an absolutely outstanding player and we need to acquire guys like that, not 'draft or find' them. It doesn't matter how we get them, especially when they're 24 years old. You're not going to get a guy that's better than Harvin with your 2nd rounder this year. You might get a guy as good as him, but even that is extremely unlikely.

My only hesitation here is that the Chiefs 2nd rounder this year could easily become a 1st rounder in 2014 with a 3rd this season thrown in. It's an incredibly valuable pick and I'd hate to surrender it.

There's an argument against this trade, but yours just doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

Bowser 02-10-2013 04:38 PM

Bowe, Harvin, Maclin, Charles, and Geno.

Damn

tk13 02-10-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9391976)
Bowe, Harvin, Maclin, Charles, and Geno.

Damn

Don't forget McCluster.