ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Cannabis oil has been shrinking tumors in woman's brain (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271669)

Imon Yourside 04-02-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9549220)
Sharing experiences, sure. Nothing wrong with that. Making unsubstantiated claims about experiences is where I draw the line. Most times, people make claims on correlation that they notice and mistake it for causation. That's where it gets dangerous.

I wasn't at all saying that yogurt cures cancer. Just that there's as much evidence saying that yogurt cures cancer as there is evidence for pot doing the same. Both are zero.

I have a neighbor that has been sent home to die I'm quite certain she's open to any/all claims at this point. Quite a sad situation too, she has two sons 8 and 10 years old.

BigMeatballDave 04-02-2013 10:50 AM

Why is it okay to give someone morphine or some other highly addictive narcotic for treatment but not cannabis?

Bump 04-02-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9549207)
The cancer killed him, so he's hardly doing OK.

link please?

Cephalic Trauma 04-02-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9549222)
There is at least an ounce in the OP.

Correlation and causation are not the same.

If you had any scientific literacy, you would know that.

ReynardMuldrake 04-02-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 9549224)
it did? I didn't catch that as the doctors say he's cured in the article.

Quote:

Cash Hyde lived half of his life with a feeding tube surgically attached to his stomach. And about half of his life was spent in hospitals -- including a 49-day coma -- after a diagnosis with brain cancer. It was that cancer which claimed his life Wednesday night; he had beaten it twice, but after two full remissions, its third appearance was too much. He died in his father's arms at the family home in Missoula, Mont.

He was 4 years old.
Quote:

Cancer-free as of June, Cash began to get sick again in July. It was the same tumor, which had been first found at 4.5 centimeters in length, a stage IV growth.

This time, the tumor "progressed really fast," Malanca said. Cash went trick-or-treating on Halloween for the very first time Oct. 31, dressing up as Buzz Lightyear, but by early this week, Cash seemed tired and out of energy. Then on Wednesday evening, his family posted a request for prayers on Facebook. Later that night, they posted again: "Rest in peace little man!"

The hope is that Cash's suffering and passing will highlight the medical benefits of the marijuana plant, and the absurdity of creating barriers to its access, Malanca said. After all, the plant brought relief to a young child whose only memories were of being terminally ill -- what, exactly, is the harm?

"It extended his life. He had literally beaten cancer two times," Malanca said. "The little boy brought so much love to this world and brought so many people together. He educated people."
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/..._marijuana.php

Bump 04-02-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9549235)
Why is it okay to give someone morphine or some other highly addictive narcotic for treatment but not cannabis?

why is it ok to drink alcohol, when you can see it makes people do things criminal that they wouldn't normally do probably. It also causes cancer, that's a fact if you drink regularly. Overdosing is very possible. Killing people while you are driving, etc, etc, etc.

But that's ok to do? But weed is bad? GOT IT

Imon Yourside 04-02-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9549238)
Correlation and causation are not the same.

If you had any scientific literacy, you would know that.

I guess the joke went right over your trauma'd head.

Cephalic Trauma 04-02-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9549244)
I guess the joke went right over your trauma'd head.

No, it didn't. Jokes are funny. I think you genuinely believe what you wrote, given your position on a matter you clearly know nothing about.

Imon Yourside 04-02-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9549251)
No, it didn't. Jokes are funny. I think you genuinely believe what you wrote, given your position on a matter you clearly know nothing about.

I'll reiterate look at my previous post, swing and a miss!

teedubya 04-02-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9549219)
Show me one ounce (heh) of evidence for the treatment of cancer with marijuana.

Yeah, the OP video is a good start...

but you can make 50,000 different products from the plant... not just medicine.... that's just ONE use.

This is why the plant is illegal. Too many corporate interests involved... look at all of these industries that this plant affects. That's a lot of ****ing lobbyists swaying legislation to keep it illegal, since you can't patent a plant.

http://www.growswitch.com/blog/wp-co.../hemp_uses.gif

Cephalic Trauma 04-02-2013 10:57 AM

Still waiting on the evidence for the treatment of cancer. Not it's effects on pain or appetite. Treatment.

If you want to chastise doctors for foregoing a treatment option for this woman, at least have some ground to stand on. Otherwise, GTFO.

Johnny Vegas 04-02-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9549241)

sad, really. Was hoping the brave little boy would live a long life after all that. **** cancer.

teedubya 04-02-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9549258)
Still waiting on the evidence for the treatment of cancer. Not it's effects on pain or appetite. Treatment.

If you want to chastise doctors for foregoing a treatment option for this woman, at least have some ground to stand on. Otherwise, GTFO.

WHY WOULD PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES WANT IT LEGAL? You can't patent a plant = lost profits and decrease in stock value.

Thus, there will be no "third party" evidence. Do you not understand how big business works?

Cephalic Trauma 04-02-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9549256)

but you can make 50,000 different products from the plant... not just medicine.... that's just ONE use.

This is why the plant is illegal. Too many corporate interests involved... look at all of these industries that this plant affects. That's a lot of ****ing lobbyists swaying legislation to keep it illegal, since you can't patent a plant.

lolwut?

This is your evidence for it's treatment of cancer?

:banghead:

This is a ****ing waste of time.

Bump 04-02-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9549256)

This is why the plant is illegal. Too many corporate interests involved... look at all of these industries that this plant affects.

ya, progress is still being made though. Decriminalization for users. Legal in 2 states now, that's pretty huge right there.

I bet within 10 years, we will have the freedom of choosing to use a natural plant to better lives. But that time is not today. Too much money being lobbied against it right now though. The elite own us, but this is something that they can't keep down for much longer.

To steal a quote from another thread. All 'truths' pass 3 stages.

1. Ridicule - for some, like Donger, they are still in the ridicule phase for this plant.

2. Violently opposed - the war on drugs

3. Accepted - as being self-evident