ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Jenkins out for the season (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=123908)

skky man 09-12-2005 11:11 AM

Jenkins out for the season

Just heard on espn 2 that John Fox announced that Jenkins tore his acl and is done for the year!

Rain Man 09-12-2005 11:12 AM

This is horrible. Who is Jenkins?

chagrin 09-12-2005 11:16 AM

trezelle...?

skky man 09-12-2005 11:16 AM

Defensive Tackle for the panthers

Bootlegged 09-12-2005 11:17 AM

That f*$$((@ sucks. Kris Jenkins, arguably the best DT in the game. Missed most of last year too. The Panthers injury luck continues.

cookster50 09-12-2005 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
This is horrible. Who is Jenkins?

My thoughts eggsactly.

KC Kings 09-12-2005 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lattimer
That f*$$((@ sucks. Kris Jenkins, arguably the best DT in the game. Missed most of last year too. The Panthers injury luck continues.

Arguably? You m ust be forgeting about Siavii.

Amnorix 09-12-2005 11:20 AM

Yes, Kris Jenkins is superb. He only played in 4 games last year. The injury bug hit the Panthers HARD last year, and this year isn't exactly off to a stellar start in that category.

Panthers lost at home to the Saints, and next week have the Patriots visiting. With Jenkins out, starting with back-to-back home losses would hardly be the way they wanted to start the year.

First rematch of Pats-Panthers since the '03 Super Bowl. Ought to be a good game -- those guys are WAAAAY motivated to play well this game.

Edit: Must reduce the amount of crack I'm smoking....or get more caffeine into my system....or both. What a horrid butchering of the English language that was...

Braincase 09-12-2005 11:21 AM

We could trade Junior to 'em for a 4th round pick and bag of cheese doodles.

Rain Man 09-12-2005 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix
Yes, Kris Jenkins is superb. He only played in 4 games last year. The injury bug hit the Panthers HARD last year, and this year isn't exactly off to a stellar start in that category.

Panthers lost at home to the Saints, and next week have the Patriots visiting. With Jenkins out, starting with back-to-back home losses would hardly be the way they wanted to start the year.

First rematch of Pats-Panthers since the '03 Super Bowl. Ought to be a good game -- those guys are WAAAAY motivated to play well this game.

Man, I completely forgot that they were actually in a Super Bowl. You guys ought to get only half credit for that one.

RedThat 09-12-2005 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagrin
trezelle...?

giggitty!

Bootlegged 09-12-2005 11:27 AM

Quote:

Man, I completely forgot that they were actually in a Super Bowl. You guys ought to get only half credit for that one.

The Panthers almost won that game, too.

Beat Dallas @ home in 1st round, then beat Philly AT Philly to get there. Impressive for an infantile franchise.

chagrin 09-12-2005 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBull
giggitty!

aww-right

Amnorix 09-12-2005 11:30 AM

Quote:

:shrug: They were pretty good that year. Last year was derailed by injuries. This year we'll see.

But, hey, we're talking the NFC here. It's like role reveral from the 80s/90s, when the AFC could barely call itself "professional football" compared to those Giants, Niners, Cowboys, Bears teams...

Amnorix 09-12-2005 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lattimer
The Panthers almost won that game, too.

Well......it was a tight, tough, competitive and exciting game. They gave us all we could handle. But if AV hadn't honked one figgie, and had another blocked, it would've been a more comfortable game for sure. Let's just say that I've seen that game a few times, and it was pretty clear which team was better, and which was hanging in by the skin of its teeth.

Might be the weirdest Super Bowl ever. Long droughts of no offense, followed by frenzied scoring. Just weird.

Quote:

Beat Dallas @ home in 1st round, then beat Philly AT Philly to get there. Impressive for an infantile franchise.
Definitely.

My favorite weird thing -- Ricky Proehl caught the tying TD almost at the end of regulation, only to watch the Pats march down the field for a winning AV kick.

Guess who caught the tying touchdown for the Rams 2 SB's prior, only to watch the Pats march down the field for the winning AV kick? Yup, Proehl.

And guess who said "Tonight, a dynasty is born" right before the Pats-Rams Super Bowl?" Yup, Proehl.

I love that guy. He might be one of my all-time favorite non-Patriots. :D