ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Who is your dream draft pick? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=136763)

melbar 03-05-2006 11:35 AM

Who is your dream draft pick?

I know some guys are outside the realm of possibility , Leinart would be nice for the future, but not gonna happen. Ditto D'brickshaw. I personally would love to see Huff, Ngata, or Mario Williams. I dont think Ngata or Williams will drop, but Huff just might. I love Huffs combination of smarts, hitting and speed. I really believe we're gonna go DB with our Coach being a former DB and scout and us needing D.

Frankie 03-05-2006 11:37 AM

Reasonably realistic: Tamba Hali

Reaper16 03-05-2006 11:39 AM

Pipedream? Yeah, D'Brickashaw or Ngata would be awesome.
Hali, maybe Huff, Bunkley, Hill, etc. are likely for us to pick. One to three of those guys should be there for us at 20.
I really like Huff, but can't shake the image of LenDale White pushing him aside like nothing at the Rose Bowl.

POND_OF_RED 03-05-2006 11:42 AM

I would love to see A.J Hawk in a chiefs jersey.

58-4ever 03-05-2006 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEA_OF_RED
I would love to see A.J Hawk in a chiefs jersey.

WTF? yeah, like we need another LB. I would love to see Hali in a Chiefs jersey. I think Ngata is going to be a bust. He has Sims/Siavii written all over him.

melbar 03-05-2006 11:46 AM

I love a physical corner/safety, but the new rules in the NFL favor a faster finesse guy.I didnt think that could be Huff , but seeing him post a 4.38 at the combine has me believing again. He is also smart enough to be a field general for us the way guys like Hasty and Ross used to be for us.

melbar 03-05-2006 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever
WTF? yeah, like we need another LB. I would love to see Hali in a Chiefs jersey. I think Ngata is going to be a bust. He has Sims/Siavii written all over him.

Ngata has better size , athleticism and skills than Siavii ever had. Besides Ngata is a top 5 talent Siavii was a reach in the Second.

LiL stumppy 03-05-2006 12:36 PM

I wouldnt mind Huff. I think we will go for a DB in the first.

CoMoChief 03-05-2006 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar
Ngata has better size , athleticism and skills than Siavii ever had. Besides Ngata is a top 5 talent Siavii was a reach in the Second.

I still cant believe we drafted that POS in the 2nd round. I read some mock drafts having him in the 4th round. WTF?

Mr. Laz 03-05-2006 12:42 PM

the subforum police is gonna kick your ass

that's said :D

Rd 1. tamba Hali
Rd 2. brodrick bunkley
Rd 3. Kelly Jennings
Rd 5. Brodie Croyle

CoMoChief 03-05-2006 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiL stumpy
I wouldnt mind Huff. I think we will go for a DB in the first.

If Tye Hill or Huff drops to us, which I seriously doubt, then I say that we wouldnt think twice in drafting either of them depending on whoever is there, but I think H.E. knows that we need DL help if those 2 arent there. Letting go of Warfield and McPasson opened up a pretty big hole in the depth chart at the CB position. Although I very glad we let those pieces of shit go, we need more depth at that position.

Ahhh shit what am I saying, we need to fix the whole damn defense again!!!!! :cuss:

CoMoChief 03-05-2006 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz

Rd 1. tamba Hali
Rd 2. brodrick bunkley
Rd 3. Kelly Jennings
Rd 5. Brodie Croyle

Thats a helluva draft. I would nut in my pants if we ever had a draft like that. I think Croyle and Jennings will go before that though. I dunno if I would rather have Rodrique Wright or not over Bunkley. If Wright could get his shit together, hed be dominating.

Otter 03-05-2006 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
Reasonably realistic: Tamba Hali

I'll go with this pick. The DL has been a BIG weakness for way too long and Hicks needs to be moved to backup.

Wouldn't mind seeing another one of my alumni get a spot on the Chiefs Roster either. Still waiting for LJ to return my emails and invite me to one of his beach house parties.

milkman 03-05-2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz

Rd 1. tamba Hali
Rd 2. brodrick bunkley
Rd 3. Kelly Jennings
Rd 5. Brodie Croyle

Not bad.

Here's mine.

Rd 1. Bunkley (he won't make it out of the first round)
Rd 2. Donte Whitner
Rd 3. Ray Edwards
Rd 5. Drew Olsen

tyton75 03-05-2006 02:57 PM

I can honestly say I dont' care what position on Defense we draft, even if its a position of strength, as long as whoever we get is a guy the other team has to game plan against.. you know?