ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2014 Playoff Predictions Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280087)

SeeingRed 12-30-2013 03:22 PM

2014 Playoff Predictions Thread

Lets see all your picks and who is the smartest in the end... :thumb:

I'm going against the grain and away from all the Denver or New England vs Seattle chatter. I'm picking two #5 seeds to advance to the Superbowl (and a #5 vs #6 seed AFC Championship match up AT ARROWHEAD, and a #5 vs #2 seed NFC match up in Carolina)......I feel the Chiefs have the most "complete" team in the AFC despite a rocky finish, are built for cold January playoff weather and at 7-1 on the road this season they travel well. And I feel the 49ers are the best team in the NFL at the moment and can travel to Seattle and win.
I'm probably dead wrong of course and all top seeds will advance lol :doh!: , but I'm taking a shot and being my own man, so here goes...

In rd 1

Chiefs over Indy

New Orleans over Phili

San Diego over Cinci

San Fran over Green bay

Rd 2...

Chiefs over New England

Carolina over New Orleans

San Diego over Denver

San Fran over Seattle

AFC Championship:

Chiefs defeat Chargers at Arrowhead to advance to the Superbowl!

NFC Championship:

49ers defeat Carolina to advance to SB

Superbowl: San Francisco 49ers defeat Kansas City Chiefs (in a slugfest in the snow) at Metlife Stadium

Mile High Mania 12-30-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeingRed (Post 10322283)
I'm going against the grain and away from all the Denver or New England vs Seattle chatter. I'm picking two #5 seeds to advance to the Superbowl

The #5 seed thing has nothing to do with KC, right?

Ceej 12-30-2013 03:29 PM

This isn't legit until you place a $100 bet on it.

Bewbies 12-30-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10322296)

13-3 in the AFC + Manning = no chance o:-)

TribalElder 12-30-2013 03:33 PM

No way 9ers make the big game

Mile High Mania 12-30-2013 03:38 PM

I'll give it a whirl... and yes, there is a strong bias here for DEN.

AFC

WC
IND beats KC
CIN beats SD

DIV
DEN beats IND
CIN beats NEP

CC
DEN beats CIN

NFC

WC
NOS beat PHI
GB beats SF

DIV ---
SEA beats NOS
GB beats CAR

CC
SEA beats GB

SUPERBOWL

DEN beats SEA

I know... I know, against that defense for SEA? Never!

BigMeatballDave 12-30-2013 03:38 PM

Wait. Wouldn't Denver play San Diego in the 2nd round?

What am I missing?

SeeingRed 12-30-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10322296)

why would you think that? o:-) If I were you as a Denver fan I would be rooting for Indy Saturday because its very hard to beat a playoff team 3 times in one year. ;) Having said that i'll admit Peyton Manning is possibly the greatest football player of all time......BUT I think losing their best defensive player in Von Miller will factor in at some point plus beating a team 3 times is very hard to do. New England is playing well going in but the losses of Gronk and Wilfork will effect them as well. 49ers are hot and just beat a hot Arizona team who went into Seattle, punched them in the mouth and made them bleed. 49ers with a healthy Crabtree are the best and most complete team in the NFL at the moment.

SeeingRed 12-30-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10322324)
Wait. Wouldn't Denver play San Diego in the 2nd round?

What am I missing?

No #6 and #5 couldnt meet until Championship round. Higher seed would host.

BigMeatballDave 12-30-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeingRed (Post 10322329)
No #6 and #5 couldnt meet until Championship round. Higher seed would host.

If SD beats Cincinnati, they'd play Denver rd 2 since the highest seed plays the lowest seed. Right?

The Franchise 12-30-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10322333)
If SD beats Cincinnati, they'd play Denver rd 2 since the highest seed plays the lowest seed. Right?

Yes. In his scenario it would be DEN vs. SD and NE vs. KC.

SeeingRed 12-30-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10322306)
This isn't legit until you place a $100 bet on it.

You are being a bad influence now :evil: lol......If i put $100 on one #5 seed team playing and beating another #5 seed team in the Superbowl I'd win ALOT I'd imagine.....probably about a 1 in a 100 chance of that actually happening but hey, you never know, road teams who have a defense and running game tend to fair well. The two low seeds with these two aspects this year certainly are the #5 seeds. Not a bad long shot bet. I will bet it, what the hell. I wonder what the payoff will be if it hits? :hmmm:

Mile High Mania 12-30-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeingRed (Post 10322325)
why would you think that? o:-) If I were you as a Denver fan I would be rooting for Indy Saturday because its very hard to beat a playoff team 3 times in one year. ;) Having said that i'll admit Peyton Manning is possibly the greatest football player of all time......BUT I think losing their best defensive player in Von Miller will factor in at some point plus beating a team 3 times is very hard to do. New England is playing well going in but the losses of Gronk and Wilfork will effect them as well. 49ers are hot and just beat a hot Arizona team who went into Seattle, punched them in the mouth and made them bleed. 49ers with a healthy Crabtree are the best and most complete team in the NFL at the moment.

I'd welcome either matchup. I'd like to see DEN avenge the earlier loss to IND though. Same with NEP, but I think if CIN advances, they could give NEP fits.

The Franchise 12-30-2013 03:51 PM

AFC

WC
KC beats IND
CIN beats SD

DIV
DEN beats KC
CIN beats NE

CC

DEN beats CIN

NFC

WC
NOS beat PHI
GB beats SF

DIV ---
SEA beats NOS
CAR beats GB

CC
SEA beats CAR

SUPERBOWL

SEA beats DEN

SeeingRed 12-30-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10322333)

yup....oh snap....you are correct. Wasnt thinking right. I'll change that. Still going with SD vs Chiefs. I feel like it will be a year of upsets. Thanks for correcting me....now i feel dumb :shake: lol just corrected it......but still going with SD vs Chiefs in the hope that the last game at Arrowhead this year has not yet been played