ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Griffin flies into Cleveland (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=163780)

Delano 05-30-2007 10:35 AM

Griffin flies into Cleveland

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Griffin expected to boost Browns' special teams
<HR width="100%" noShade SIZE=1>
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

In a move principally designed to strengthen the special teams units, but which might also enhance the competition at linebacker, the Cleveland Browns have claimed two-year veteran Kris Griffin on waivers from the Kansas City Chiefs.

To make room for Griffin, the team waived rookie linebacker Mike Alston of Toledo, who was signed as an undrafted free agent last month.

Griffin, 26, is an excellent athlete with good size and versatility and is coming off a 2006 season in which he led the Chiefs in special teams tackles (22). He should immediately upgrade the Browns' punt and kickoff coverage units.

A former Indiana (Pa.) University standout, Griffin was the lone undrafted college free agent to earn a spot on Kansas City's roster in 2005. He appeared in eight games as a rookie, but his season was cut short by a hamstring injury.

Last year, Griffin played in NFL Europa, and was one of the league's top linebackers, before rejoining the Chiefs for the NFL season. He appeared in all 16 games and, in addition to his special teams performance, Griffin logged some playing time from scrimmage and displayed solid skills versus the run.

In 24 career games, Griffin has 22 tackles and one fumble recovery from scrimmage, along with 25 special teams tackles.

Eleazar 05-30-2007 10:37 AM

and boy are his arms tired!

Thig Lyfe 05-30-2007 10:38 AM

I love how players that did jack squat here in KC (such as Griffin and Sims) are seen as potential difference makers in their new cities.

Reerun_KC 05-30-2007 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer
I love how players that did jack squat here in KC (such as Griffin and Sims) are seen as potential difference makers in their new cities.

We do the same when we pick up some jackoff and as soon as he dons the Red and Gold, he is a difference maker or a solid backup.....

wilas101 05-30-2007 10:43 AM

isn't it the same way here when we bring in someone?

Hope is a beautiful thing but much like a divorced woman.

You think life is great again and all your wishes are answered until January when you realize that she was cut loose for a reason besides the salary cap.

Fire Me Boy! 05-30-2007 10:45 AM

Quote:

Sims is a difference makers in Tampa. He's not here, making our DL better.

StcChief 05-30-2007 10:53 AM

Sims needs to be a 2007 Probowler for the conditional pick from Tampa.

Griffin ? Change of scenery... he could shine who knows, at this point who cares, he's gone.

Direckshun 05-30-2007 11:08 AM

We haven't really picked up anybody this season who did nothing at their previous franchise.

Closest I can think of is Jon McGraw, and he was a solid backup.

Pushead2 05-30-2007 11:11 AM

Boone blocked a extra point or field goal. that's good enough for me.

RealSNR 05-30-2007 11:17 AM

Great. We traded away Fujita so we could keep this guy and he hauls in a shitty sophomore season and then we lose him. Awesome!

zbarrowheadaddict 05-30-2007 11:22 AM

Quote:

Great point. Someones trash for one man, is another mans treasure

Just don't see Sims or Griffin becoming anyones treasure, lol

HemiEd 05-30-2007 11:56 AM

Quote:

I had a good laugh today at lunch listening to Sirius NFL channel. A Tampa fan, was talking about the addition of Sims.

Bob Dole 05-30-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
I had a good laugh today at lunch listening to Sirius NFL channel. A Tampa fan, was talking about the addition of Sims.

Why is that funny? Didn't you hear...it was the coaching staff's fault he didn't do anything while he was in KC.

zbarrowheadaddict 05-30-2007 12:28 PM

Those damn coaches also turned Siavii and Freeman into busts. I think whoever drafted those three DTs, might want to find a different job than being involved with the NFL. What a group of losers....

Direckshun 05-30-2007 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole
Why is that funny? Didn't you hear...it was the coaching staff's fault he didn't do anything while he was in KC.

I hear if he loses some weight he's going to be unstoppable.