ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Jose Guillen almost pulls a Milton Bradley (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=189984)

Sure-Oz 08-27-2008 05:28 PM

Jose Guillen almost pulls a Milton Bradley

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/con...7/c3374050.jsp

Guillen exchanges words with fan
08/27/2008 12:30 AM ET
By Dick Kaegel / MLB.com

KANSAS CITY -- Royals right fielder Jose Guillen was in the middle of a brief exchange with a fan after the fourth inning of Tuesday night's game against the Rangers.

The fan, sitting behind first base, apparently got on Guillen after he hit a liner off the left-field wall and stopped with a single in the second inning and again after he flied out in the fourth.

"I understand who I am and the money that I'm making. I understand that I'm hitting .250 and the fans are expecting a lot more than they're seeing," Guillen said.

"But sometimes they don't know what I'm going through and all that stuff. Just like when I got that hit to left field, I got there and the guy started jumping on me and saying all kind of stuff like 'Why didn't you make it to second?' I hit the ball hard, the guy made a nice play and I had no chance to make it."

Teammates interceded during the exchange and the incident was over quickly.

"He said something personal about my family and I don't deal with that. He can say whatever he wants to say but if you just say the magic words about somebody that's close to you, that's enough right there," Guillen said.

Supposedly people around the fan that got kicked out, said he didn't curse and kept pushing Guillen to hustle. Rumors are he said "my daughter can out run you!"...

I saw it on tv earlier and he was ready to walk up to the fan and the guy was shooing him away and then Gathright held him back...

Don't know what to think, but makes me wonder if Guillen will be out of here in the offseason?! Dayton really hasn't said much of it, just saying he has to be a pro etc...

KCUnited 08-27-2008 05:34 PM

I saw it last night on TV, whatever, if you want to shout at a player or anyone else for that matter, you better be ready when they come to beat your ass. That being said, I can't believe I'm still watching this crap.

Demonpenz 08-27-2008 05:36 PM

The other guy was 6'4 and they pulled him on the concourse where he latter recieved free tickets after fans around him complained that he didn't do anything wrong. He is going to be right back out there tonight

Nightfyre 08-27-2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4951290)
"I understand who I am and the money that I'm making. I understand that I'm hitting .250 and the fans are expecting a lot more than they're seeing," Guillen said.

"But sometimes they don't know what I'm going through and all that stuff. Just like when I got that hit to left field, I got there and the guy started jumping on me and saying all kind of stuff like 'Why didn't you make it to second?' I hit the ball hard, the guy made a nice play and I had no chance to make it."

Guillen needs to grow up. Maybe it's just because it's a pet peeve of mine, but don't ****ing make lame ass excuses. Sack up and step up. Seriously take some ****ing responsibility for yourself. And to say "Well he had it comin' for talkin' 'bout my family." Jesus, are we in fourth grade? Like I said, immaturity and irresponsibility are huge pet peeves of mine; so Guillen annoys me just about as much as anyone can.

DeezNutz 08-27-2008 05:46 PM

The guy and his sister were on the radio today, and apparently he never said anything about Jose's family. According to the fan, he said, "My daughter runs harder/faster (don't remember which) than you."

Sounds like Guillen heard the word "daughter" and flipped out, which makes this word very sign worthy for anyone continuing to go out to the K.

Sure-Oz 08-27-2008 05:55 PM

Guillen just needs to not worry about fans at all...its part of the damn territory to take grief and shit. Doesn't mean its right but hey, i'll take millions of dollars to take a little shit. Hell Barry didn't attack a fan or try to go after one for everything he gets said to him. Just brush it off, you're paid millions and everyone has balls in the seats apparently. I myself have said things to players but nothing to insult family, friends whatever, it's usually at their play or themselves.

Sure-Oz 08-27-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 4951304)
I saw it last night on TV, whatever, if you want to shout at a player or anyone else for that matter, you better be ready when they come to beat your ass. That being said, I can't believe I'm still watching this crap.

I'll gladly take the asswhooping for $$$ if they are that stupid to go after someone

Valiant 08-27-2008 05:58 PM

Theres no crying in baseball...

Sure-Oz 08-27-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 4951315)
Guillen needs to grow up. Maybe it's just because it's a pet peeve of mine, but don't ****ing make lame ass excuses. Sack up and step up. Seriously take some ****ing responsibility for yourself. And to say "Well he had it comin' for talkin' 'bout my family." Jesus, are we in fourth grade? Like I said, immaturity and irresponsibility are huge pet peeves of mine; so Guillen annoys me just about as much as anyone can.

If i were that fan i'd show up in a Guillen jersey shirt and say the same shit i did before..

Imagine the shit hurled at chiefs playersROFL

SAUTO 08-27-2008 06:27 PM

how can jose come back next year? with the youth on this team he's a cancer thats growing

Sure-Oz 08-27-2008 06:34 PM

Also, Trey didn't know it was happening cause he was in the shitter LMAO, I'm serious

rtmike 08-27-2008 06:47 PM

Shouldn't surprise me in today's day and age someone there caught it on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vlCf-bz2X4

Sure-Oz 08-27-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 4951516)
Shouldn't surprise me in today's day and age someone there caught it on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vlCf-bz2X4

Sounds like they were egging him on in that one...and laughing about it, **** those fans anyway

Deberg_1990 08-27-2008 07:14 PM

Call me a traditionalist, but I miss the glory days when our fans used to egg on the opponents instead of the home team.

Sure-Oz 08-27-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4951616)
Call me a traditionalist, but I miss the glory days when our fans used to egg on the opponents instead of the home team.

No shit...but our team is pretty damn bad, and they boo and heckle our best offensive threat