ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cassel Chronicles: The Conclusion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211171)

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2009 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939776)
No, I understand completely.

What YOU don't get is that Cassel is a hell of a lot better than you're willing to give him credit for.

:banghead:

Titty Meat 08-01-2009 03:52 AM

People on here hate on Cassel. Before the Chiefs traded for him they said he was the reason the Patriots didn't make the playoffs.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2009 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5939778)
People on here hate on Cassel. Before the Chiefs traded for him they said he was the reason the Patriots didn't make the playoffs.

Beer please.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5939774)
You are full of shit.ROFL

No, you are. Just yesterday I watched Cassel throw a perfect spiral 40 yards down the field to Moss, right into his hands for a score. Moss dropped it.

Titty Meat 08-01-2009 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5939779)

Beer please.

Was it his fault they couldnt defend the wildcat?

mikey23545 08-01-2009 03:57 AM

That's cute, the way you're pretending to have a dialogue with yourself, GoSuck...You and Raised on Rats must <i>surely</i> be two different people....

Mojo Rising 08-01-2009 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939769)
Neither will Cassel's. You don't seem to get it. He throws well on the run. When he's running, the ball comes out with velocity and accuracy. He could be throwing to a cheerleader. It would be irrelevant. He would hit the bitch in stride.

I do get it. There is less velocity and accuracy required in an offense that broke almost every record the prior year.

He will be throwing to Bowe, Cottam and Engram. He will have Johnson covering his blind side. How many games do you think he will really last?

It is a team sport. If I were a betting man I would lay money that Cassell will become the next Scott Mitchell before he becomes the next Brett Favre.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2009 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939780)
No, you are. Just yesterday I watched Cassel throw a perfect spiral 40 yards down the field to Moss, right into his hands for a score. Moss dropped it.

Are you seriously going to try and tell me that every pass he throws is perfectly tight and beautiful? Is this what you're saying to me?

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2009 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 5939782)
That's cute, the way you're pretending to have a dialogue with yourself, GoSuck...You and Raised on Rats must surely be two different people....

Oh look; it's Mikey! Yay!

Well, it was fun Mr. Douche and Run; see ya' 300 posts from now. Buh-Bye!

BossChief 08-01-2009 04:02 AM

I rarely say this but never fail to give credit where it is due.

Good read!

A couple things from the Boss:

Cassel isnt bad at throwing passes over 30 yards, he was TERRIBLE at it...3-26 over the course of the year.

Cassel was instructed to take sacks rather than risk turnovers.

Collinsworth said many times that Cassels problem early on and till about week 11 or 12 was that if his first two reads were covered, he took his eyes off his recievers and focused them on the passrush. Once he overcame that, he really excelled. Hopefully he continues to progress and doesnt fall back on bad habits for us when players arent routinely open as was the case in NE.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2009 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5939781)
Was it his fault they couldnt defend the wildcat?

Come again?

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5939784)
Are you seriously going to try and tell me that every pass he throws is perfectly tight and beautiful? Is this what you're saying to me?

No. But he can throw a tight spiral.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 5939783)
I do get it. There is less velocity and accuracy required in an offense that broke almost every record the prior year.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V3y3QoFnqZc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V3y3QoFnqZc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object height="340" width="560">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NHFEdh8jjiU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="340" width="560"></object>

BossChief 08-01-2009 04:04 AM

I rarely say this but never fail to give credit where it is due.

Good read!

A couple things from the Boss:

Cassel isnt bad at throwing passes over 30 yards, he was TERRIBLE at it...3-26 over the course of the year.

Cassel was instructed to take sacks rather than risk turnovers.

Collinsworth said many times that Cassels problem early on and till about week 11 or 12 was that if his first two reads were covered, he took his eyes off his recievers and focused them on the passrush. Once he overcame that, he really excelled. Hopefully he continues to progress and doesnt fall back on bad habits for us when players arent routinely open as was the case in NE.

I look for Cassel to start kinda slow, but show mental toughness well enough to pull out of it and have some great games in the second half of the year.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2009 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939788)
No. But he can throw a tight spiral.

Does he do it consistently, and in the face of pressure?