ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Neighbor dilemna (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264248)

HemiEd 09-25-2012 03:40 PM

Without reading the thread, this really is where anti-freeze comes in.

With your shift, I bet this does suck.

Donger 09-25-2012 03:40 PM

Those bark collars are effective though. My dog went through a stage where he'd bark his balls off for no reason. So, the wife got a bark collar and I insisted on trying on myself first.

I don't recommend my decision.

HemiEd 09-25-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp (Post 8950566)

Holy crap, I thought I was going to be the first. This place really has lost it's burst.

On a more serious note, we have two Yorkies. We were fortunate, that our 11 year old just does not bark. He will grunt when he wants something.

But our young one makes up for it, and a squirt gun full of water handy is the solution.
Maybe you could set something up short term that may pay long term benefits.

Fumblerooski 09-25-2012 03:44 PM

I'm probably not who you're talking about, but recently I've had to leave my dog outside during the day for a few days.. My dog ate a ton of toilet paper when my 3 year old told him that was an ok choice, got stuffed up pretty bad and then got the squirts, and damned if I'm cleaning that up more than once.. Maybe your neighbor has a similar situation.

Frazod 09-25-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8950546)

ROFL

007 09-25-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8950541)
you could explain your situation to them and see if they can accommodate you.

I would try to use a fan to muffle out the sound if it were me though.

Yeah, I already have a fan and noise machine running all day. the dog is louder.

FAX 09-25-2012 03:49 PM

It's always best to handle these matters in a mature, loving way, Mr. Guru. Call your neighbors and invite them over for a prayer meeting and read them this Bible verse;

"And thou shalt not beset unto thine encampment any aggravation, sayeth the Lord, and no annoyance shalt thy suffer into thine dwelling places. For behold, thy beasts shalt be bound and silent shalt they be. And without irritation shalt thy animals be kept lest fire consume thine abode and all the vessels therein. For shouldst thou release thine creatures unto the people who hear their cry, great shalt be thine cumbrance, and terrible thine burden and thine strife. For wheresoever any live who shalt hear thine beasts shalt rise and set ablaze thy home and thy shrubberies and thy outbuildings and great shall be the wailing in thy household."

That should do it.

FAX

Iowanian 09-25-2012 03:54 PM

I tried asking nicely regarding a mean dog situation a while back.

3 days later he roared out of the house beady eyed and sweaty when I got home from lunch and wanted to argue in front of my wife and kid. Tats blazing, no shirt, sweating like a whore in church and at one point told me he'd been to prison 3 times. I told him in some direct form that this information did not make me nervous and that he didn't make me nervous, which kind of took him back a step I think.

I then said "just so there is no confusion, what I meant was, If that ****ing dog comes back in my yard, I will kill it in front of you. I care more about keeping my kids safe than pissing you off and if that pisses you off, I don't give a shit"

In short....My experience has been that asking nice never works out because they're pissed off anyway.

Meatball the canine and say nothing.

Bearcat 09-25-2012 03:55 PM

Most people are reasonable, they're just too oblivious to think there could possibly be a problem until they're told about it.

Bugeater 09-25-2012 03:56 PM

http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/a...#page=Main-Tab

Bump 09-25-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8950592)
Yeah, I already have a fan and noise machine running all day. the dog is louder.

oh that sucks, when my fan is on high it pretty much muffles all the sounds out for me and I live in Boston where houses are 2 feet apart from each other.

Ming the Merciless 09-25-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8950554)
Ask them if the dog is OK, or if something is wrong with him. You've just noticed a ton of barking lately, and it's waking you up. When they say there's nothing wrong with the dog, you say "Thank goodness for that. Is there any way you could try to calm him down a little? He just keeps waking me up and it's really starting to kill me with work".

That way you sound concerned, non-accusatory and that might make them a little more sympathetic.

Bingo

saphojunkie 09-25-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8950608)
I tried asking nicely regarding a mean dog situation a while back.

3 days later he roared out of the house beady eyed and sweaty when I got home from lunch and wanted to argue in front of my wife and kid. Tats blazing, no shirt, sweating like a whore in church and at one point told me he'd been to prison 3 times. I told him in some direct form that this information did not make me nervous and that he didn't make me nervous, which kind of took him back a step I think.

I then said "just so there is no confusion, what I meant was, If that ****ing dog comes back in my yard, I will kill it in front of you. I care more about keeping my kids safe than pissing you off and if that pisses you off, I don't give a shit"

In short....My experience has been that asking nice never works out because they're pissed off anyway.

Meatball the canine and say nothing.

This story has nothing to do with the OP's dilemma.

The dog BARKS, not BITES.
The neighbor is NICE, not a TATTED OUT EX-CON.

You just wanted to tell a story about how tough you are.

Scorp 09-25-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8950608)
3 days later he roared out of the house beady eyed and sweaty when I got home from lunch and wanted to argue in front of my wife and kid. Tats blazing, no shirt, sweating like a whore in church and at one point told me he'd been to prison 3 times.

I don't think he was trying to intimidate you, I think he was coming on to you. :D

Iowanian 09-25-2012 04:13 PM

No, he wanted his ass kicked from his demeanor.

It was pretty obvious I was supposed to be scared and surprising to him when I wasn't at all.
My 2yr old was on my leg when he said it and my wife pulled the kid off and headed for the house when she heard what I said back.
I also told the guy I'm old enough I'm not interested in stupid drama and if I wanted trailer park drama I'd move to a trailer park.

It was stupid.

The situation isn't the same, I agree. I've had discussions with 3 neighbors in the past few years about barking dogs, dogs shitting in my yard on the end of their leash and this one. I've attempted reasoned discussions with all of them and all 3 resulted in future drama.