ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV HBO greenlights A Game of Thrones pilot! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=196570)

vailpass 03-22-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8484082)
I still didn't like him in Dance with Dragons. The only character that GRRM has really redeemed in my eyes is Jaime. I can't wait to get back to whatever it is that he's doing.

I don't think he's a bad person, I thinks he's just aflayed.

keg in kc 03-22-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8484203)
Ehh you have people that have just seen the show and not read the books. Why ruin future plot twists for them?

That's why we created a non-spoiler thread.

keg in kc 03-22-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8484374)
I don't think he's a bad person, I thinks he's just aflayed.

Groan.

vailpass 03-22-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8484421)
Groan.

:D

Pants 03-22-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8484082)
I still didn't like him in Dance with Dragons. The only character that GRRM has really redeemed in my eyes is Jaime. I can't wait to get back to whatever it is that he's doing.

I don't like him. Never said I did. I just felt sorry for him when just a couple of books earlier, I was wishing worse things on him.

Maybe I'm just wishy-washy? /shrug

vailpass 03-22-2012 04:30 PM

I thought Therion was a son of a bitch until Ramsay Snow came along.

Pants 03-23-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8484830)
I thought Therion was a son of a bitch until Ramsay Snow came along.

Totally different beasts, IMO. Theon, IMO, is just out there looking out for #1 and trying to prove shit to himself and the world. Ramsey is just a completely demented, sadistic piece of shit who, honestly, has no place in any kind of world.

Spoiler!

Hawk 03-23-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8486059)
Totally different beasts, IMO. Theon, IMO, is just out there looking out for #1 and trying to prove shit to himself and the world. Ramsey is just a completely demented, sadistic piece of shit who, honestly, has no place in any kind of world.

Spoiler!

I hear you!

So this leads to an interesting question, which characters do you most want to see get what's coming to them at this point? Spoiler tagging it because some of the obvious choices may have already been offed in the books, and others are on the list for reasons not yet known to show watchers:

My list:

Spoiler!

vailpass 03-23-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8486059)

Spoiler!

Agreed.

Hawk 03-23-2012 02:03 PM

New 22 minute intro to season 2 from HBO:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dku_Uya8Ygc?version=3&feature=player_embedded"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dku_Uya8Ygc?version=3&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

DaFace 03-24-2012 10:58 PM

Finally got around to ordering (and receiving) my bluray discs. I'd...umm..."procured through the use of alternate means" the series originally, so it's awesome to see them in 1080p. It's pretty impressive what they've been able to do with a TV-only budget.

kcxiv 03-25-2012 12:39 AM

Didn't realize season 2 starts next week. Sooo freaking excited.

WoodDraw 03-25-2012 12:08 PM

I just finished the third book, and loved it. I was a bit disappointed with the second, so was great to read a strong third book. I wanted to run out and start the fourth right away, but I've heard some mixed reviews, so I think I'll switch to some other reading for awhile.

The spoiler policy here seems pretty confused, so I won't say anything. But I think it's the first book where I didn't dread having to read certain character's chapters.

Also, the HBO series looks great. I hope they're making enough money off of it to keep it going. And that Martin keeps writing!

keg in kc 03-25-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 8490928)
The spoiler policy here seems pretty confused, so I won't say anything. But I think it's the first book where I didn't dread having to read certain character's chapters.

You can talk about anything that happens in any book here. That's why there's a spoiler warning in the thread title. If you want to talk general Ice and Fire, this is the place for it. We need to have a place like that, so we can talk about stuff like Jon's parentage, a place where fans of the series can talk about the things they know and try to figure out what they don't.

People will want to argue that, but I think at the end of the day, it's too difficult to police spoilers when you're talking about a series of books that began in 1996, and Dance With Dragons came out 8 months ago. So whatever statute of spoiler limitations there is has pretty much expired now.

For the folks who haven't read the books, or who haven't finished the series through DwD yet, I created a separate spoiler-free thread that's been linked in the first post on this thread for nearly a year. You can find that one here. So, Ice and Fire noobs: use it, love it. That's what it's there for.

WoodDraw 03-25-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8491033)
You can talk about anything that happens in any book here. That's why there's a spoiler warning in the thread title. If you want to talk general Ice and Fire, this is the place for it. We need to have a place like that, so we can talk about stuff like Jon's parentage, a place where fans of the series can talk about the things they know and try to figure out what they don't.

People will want to argue that, but I think at the end of the day, it's too difficult to police spoilers when you're talking about a series of books that began in 1996, and Dance With Dragons came out 8 months ago. So whatever statute of spoiler limitations there is has pretty much expired now.

For the folks who haven't read the books, or who haven't finished the series through DwD yet, I created a separate spoiler-free thread that's been linked in the first post on this thread for nearly a year. You can find that one here. So, Ice and Fire noobs: use it, love it. That's what it's there for.

This just needs to be made more clear. Perhaps it's time to kill all the threads and start anew. I think a lot of people come here just for news about the show. When I first posted here, I was only reading the first book and I asked for everyone to avoid spoilers - and everyone agreed. That was the agreement then - nothing beyond what had been shown in the show. I guess that's now evolved - but not really.

I like coming here to see previews. But I vote we separate the show and books into different threads.

[edit] Also, I don't think there is any spoiler warning when you actually click on the thread. And if people are like me, they don't always read the first post, especially for updates. I'd hate to have people that are reading the books or watching the series have some of the great developments ruined by this mish-mash of a thread, where every poster seems to have different views on when do hide spoilers and when not to.