ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football I'm calling it now: EJ Manuel will the #1 pick by the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270305)

Tribal Warfare 02-23-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9427469)
Not according to Fat Elvis:

I have never heard of E.J. Manuel being a "choke artist." what are you basing your claim on?

The NC State Game which "Glennon looked like a top 10 pick". Manuel gave that game away.

Fat Elvis 02-23-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9427469)

I have never heard of E.J. Manuel being a "choke artist." what are you basing your claim on?

They lost to NC State and Florida? :shrug:

Willie Lanier 02-23-2013 12:17 AM

I wish the best for the kid, but he's got a ways to go and his footwork looks bad to my untrained eye, he looks like a project, and you don't take those 1 overall

Sorter 02-23-2013 12:17 AM

I haven't watched nearly any of Manuel but I do recall being more impressed with FSU's backup last year when they played Oklahoma. Other than that, I really haven't watched nearly enough to make an adequate opinion.

RunKC 02-23-2013 12:19 AM

I'm down for Nassib or Wilson at 34 if we go that route. They are gonna be good QB's.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-23-2013 12:21 AM

No way in hell. That guy is a two year project at minimum.

Frankie 02-23-2013 12:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9427384)
He isnt going to jump up that high.

I agree, but I'm beginning to warm up to the idea of him in the 2nd, if we don't go QB in the 1st. He outclassed all the other QBs in the Senior bowl and his stats are very respectable compared to the top of the QB group:

O.city 02-23-2013 12:27 AM

RunKC has the sight that breaks down his year.

Fat Elvis 02-23-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9427513)
RunKC has the sight that breaks down his year.

Is it this one?

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/2/...rics-breakdown

007 02-23-2013 12:38 AM

Hell, he would most likely be there in the second round. Why would you waste the #1 pick on him?

KCrockaholic 02-23-2013 12:42 AM

secondroundstats.com is pretty cool. Not sure if it has a point to it yet though. But definitely informative.

O.city 02-23-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9427520)

Yeah. Shows he's not a good deep ball guy and his intermediate high accuracy is a mirage.

Guy needs way too much work to be the first overall pick.

Fat Elvis 02-23-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9427536)
Hell, he would most likely be there in the second round. Why would you waste the #1 pick on him?

If he's Reid's and Dorsey's guy you take him; you don't hope he is there later. I think that has been said about every QB in this draft....

Fat Elvis 02-23-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9427547)
Yeah. Shows he's not a good deep ball guy and his intermediate high accuracy is a mirage.

Guy needs way too much work to be the first overall pick.

Quote:

Like Nassib, EJ statistically grades out as one of the better QBs in the draft. This of course is why we use statistics to complement film study, but like Nassib it gives me a little pause. Even given that his receivers clearly gave him a lot of help, he still comes out with some of the best completion percentages among the zones. There really aren’t any huge red flags on Manuel statistically. We can worry a little bit about the fact that his deep ball is around 42%, but Tannehill’s last year graded out at 33%.

It’s interesting that thus far, the ‘top tier’ QBs are the ones that have come out with more statistical red flags than either Nassib or Manuel. For instance: Glennon has a huge amount of overthrows, Smith throws into double coverage a lot, and Wilson underthrows the ball often. However, we look at Manuel and don’t see anything that is truly concerning. This doesn’t make him the top pick by any means, but we have to then go to the tape to find what’s causing his draft stock to be lower.
You might be coming away with something different than what the author was saying....

O.city 02-23-2013 01:04 AM

You have to look at the number of attempts in each zone. He had a high percentage in certain zones, because he dind't throw it there as much. When he did, yes he completed it, but it makes for less chances for in completions.