ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs PFF, week 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276507)

Hammock Parties 09-20-2013 04:01 PM

PFF, week 3

My god, there's just tons of interesting stuff to talk about this week.

1. Eric Fisher is an absolute dumpster fire. One more sack allowed, two penalties, and a QB hit, and two other hurries. He's bad right now. His whole season has been bad. Two sacks allowed, 7 QB hurries, 3 penalties, and his run blocking isn't good, either. He's the 66th rated OT (out of 68 guys).

2. We ran 84 plays last night. After all the talk about the Eagles running 300 plays a game, we had 14 more. lulz

3. Like I said last night, Justin Houston earned an 8.3 for that game. That's the highest grade I've ever seen anyone on PFF ever get for one game. He's currently the #1 OLB in football, and leads them all in stops, sacks and batted passes.

4. Interestingly enough, Tamba Hali had 8 QB pressures last night. He had a fine game, and actually leads all OLBs in pressures this year. Rumors of his demise are greatly exaggerated.

5. Poe didn't pick up a sack, but got 3 QB hurries of his own. If this guy is picking up 2 sacks or 3 hurries every game, wow. He's sitting comfortably at #10.

6. Tyson Jackson is your unsung hero for the week with a 5.6. That's beasting. 4.0 of it was in pass rush, and he had 3 QB pressures. Who was blocking Tyson Jackson last night? He sucks. Both Jackson and DeVito are ranked in the top 5 among 3-4 DEs.

7. Posted this elsewhere, but it bears repeating: Eric Berry is the #1 safety against the pass, and #2 in stops. He's been targeted 11 times and allowed only 35 yards. He's playing well.

8. Sadly, PFF doesn't like Alex Smith's checkdowns. He's currently their 32nd rated QB.

9. Anthony Sherman is the #1 FB in pro football. That trade looks pretty good. LMAO

DaFace 09-20-2013 04:03 PM

I'm half tempted to subscribe to PFF. I love this stuff.

How much does it cost?

Titty Meat 09-20-2013 04:03 PM

PFF sucks

MTG#10 09-20-2013 04:04 PM

Its saying Poe is the #10 DT or am I misunderstanding? If so BS.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10002752)
I'm half tempted to subscribe to PFF. I love this stuff.

How much does it cost?

Premium Statistics (Annual) $26.99 for one year

Get 365 days access to the unique PFF stats and analysis that comes from grading every player on ever play in every game. Includes signature statistics, grades and snap counts by play types (Does not include PFF Fantasy Gold)

Nightfyre 09-20-2013 04:05 PM

Herremans was a dumpster fire last night against Jackson. Just physically overmatched. But they can't pull the center off of Poe, so they just had to put up with Jackson beating that single team.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10002755)
Its saying Poe is the #10 DT or am I misunderstanding? If so BS.

:facepalm:

DaFace 09-20-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10002757)
Premium Statistics (Annual) $26.99 for one year

Get 365 days access to the unique PFF stats and analysis that comes from grading every player on ever play in every game. Includes signature statistics, grades and snap counts by play types (Does not include PFF Fantasy Gold)

Cool. I'll think about it.

DJ's left nut 09-20-2013 04:06 PM

It's almost annoying how good we are when we line up in the I-form.

There appears to be legitimate chemistry between Charles and Sherman but for about 3 quarters every game, Andy doesn't let the two guys get to work.

But in these 4th quarters where Charles is turning it up even though the D knows the run is coming, he's doing it behind Sherman with fair frequency. The guy looks like a heck of a ballplayer.

And again - Quinn's been rated higher than 8.3 twice already this year, Miller was rated a 12 in week 5 last year (and higher than 8.3 on 3 or 4 occasions) with Aldon getting a 10 in a game. Geno Atkins was over 8.3 5 times (with 2 in the high 9s) and JJ Watt was over it 4 times.

8.3 is very very good, but it's nowhere near unheard of. Watt averaged a 6.5 last year.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10002758)
Herremans was a dumpster fire last night against Jackson. Just physically overmatched. But they can't pull the center off of Poe, so they just had to put up with Jackson beating that single team.

Yeah, Jesus Christ.

Herremans: -4.0
Lane Johnson: -5.6

Jackson is going to be single blocked all year, because you cannot take attention off Houston or Poe.

Hmmm... :hmmm:

Hammock Parties 09-20-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10002763)
And again - Quinn's been rated higher than 8.3 twice already this year, Miller was rated a 12 in week 5 last year (and higher than 8.3 on 3 or 4 occasions) with Aldon getting a 10 in a game. Geno Atkins was over 8.3 5 times (with 2 in the high 9s) and JJ Watt was over it 4 times.

8.3 is very very good, but it's nowhere near unheard of. Watt averaged a 6.5 last year.

It's rare. It's the highest grade I've seen a Chief get, anyway. The fact he's compared to those players is certainly promising.

Easy 6 09-20-2013 04:08 PM

Yeah, Fisher... we better hang on to Albert.

Other than that theres a ton of win in those stats, is Berry back? yup.

MTG#10 09-20-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10002759)
:facepalm:

"He's sitting comfortably at #10"

What does this mean? That he's the 10th rated DT?

Rain Man 09-20-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10002749)

1. Eric Fisher is an absolute dumpster fire. One more sack allowed, two penalties, and a QB hit, and two other hurries. He's bad right now. His whole season has been bad. Two sacks allowed, 7 QB hurries, 3 penalties, and his run blocking isn't good, either. He's the 66th rated OT (out of 68 guys).

But is he above Joeckel? That's what I want to know.

Quote:

5. Poe didn't pick up a sack, but got 3 QB hurries of his own. If this guy is picking up 2 sacks or 3 hurries every game, wow. He's sitting comfortably at #10.

As noted earlier, the #10 NT? Or #10 something else? I don't see nine nose tackles playing better right now.

Quote:

9. Anthony Sherman is the #1 FB in pro football. That trade looks pretty good. LMAO

How does Gonzalez rank among tight ends?

DJ's left nut 09-20-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 10002753)
PFF sucks

It does when you mindlessly regurgitate it, yes. For instance, mindlessly regurgitating PFF tells you that Dontari Poe was actually a detriment as a pass-rusher against Dallas. He honestly got a pass-rush rating of -.4 last week. On the season he's only at a .9 total. Mike DeVito has been much better as a pass-rusher according to PFF.

It's interesting to watch in conjuction with the games, though. You just have to keep an eye out for stuff that just doesn't make much sense.

DJ's left nut 09-20-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10002768)
But is he above Joeckel? That's what I want to know.

No. He's above essentially nobody (Sam Baker and Mitchell Schwartz - the end).

Quote:

As noted earlier, the #10 NT? Or #10 something else? I don't see nine nose tackles playing better right now.
He's ranked 10th overall among DTs; 16th as a pass-rusher but 7th against the run.

Quote:

How does Gonzalez rank among tight ends?
22nd

Hammock Parties 09-20-2013 04:12 PM

There are 56 DTs on that page. Being #10 isn't a shame.

MTG#10 09-20-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10002773)
There are 56 DTs on that page. Being #10 isn't a shame.

No way in hell there are 9 DT's playing better than Poe right now. Cant believe you pay for that shit.

MTG#10 09-20-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10002769)
It does when you mindlessly regurgitate it, yes. For instance, mindlessly regurgitating PFF tells you that Dontari Poe was actually a detriment as a pass-rusher against Dallas. He honestly got a pass-rush rating of -.4 last week. On the season he's only at a .9 total. Mike DeVito has been much better as a pass-rusher according to PFF.

It's interesting to watch in conjuction with the games, though. You just have to keep an eye out for stuff that just doesn't make much sense.

Yeah PFF is ****ing reeruned. ROFL

keg in kc 09-20-2013 04:16 PM

My eyes are telling me Hali looks a step short. He's been the "almost there" guy all season. Like "oh man if the QB had just held on to it for a half second longer he'da had him". But that's probably enough, because he still has to be accounted for.

DaFace 09-20-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10002781)
My eyes are telling me Hali looks a step short. He's been the "almost there" guy all season. Like "oh man in the QB had just held on to it for a half second longer he'da had him".

There was at least one last night where he got greedy and went for the ball instead of the QB. Not sure that that's always the issue, but he does seem to whiff on getting the sack a lot.

MTG#10 09-20-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10002782)
There was at least one last night where he went greedy and went for the ball instead of the QB. Not sure that that's always the issue, but he does seem to whiff on getting the sack a lot.

I remember that play, I was pissed.

Nightfyre 09-20-2013 04:18 PM

Mike Vick makes a lot of dudes look a step short.

keg in kc 09-20-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10002784)
Mike Vick makes a lot of dudes look a step short.

Sure. But Romo and Gabbert don't.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10002779)
Yeah PFF is ****ing reeruned. ROFL

Poe had two sacks against Dallas, but he wasn't getting pressure that much.

MTG#10 09-20-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10002787)
Poe had two sacks against Dallas, but he wasn't getting pressure that much.

How often do DT's get 2 sacks in a game? DeVito put more pressure on Romo? Seriously?

mcaj22 09-20-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10002781)
My eyes are telling me Hali looks a step short. He's been the "almost there" guy all season. Like "oh man if the QB had just held on to it for a half second longer he'da had him". But that's probably enough, because he still has to be accounted for.

remember before we had the luxury of Justin Houston when Tamba was the ONLY source of rushing the passer

we had broke dicks like Mike Vrabel and Andy Studebaker on the other side.

Tamba doesnt get there anymore because Houstin is faster, stronger, quicker, etc.

When it was just Tamba, he got there eventually. QBs were able to hold the ball longer when it was just him, now the gameplan is QBs getting the ball out as quick as possible against us because there is Tamba AND Houston.

QBs would just camp in the pocket all the time against us because we had shit defenses ran by Romeo that generated no ****ing pressure

Rasputin 09-20-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10002769)

I want to know how they rate DTs when they get doubled and take on extra blockers. Poe was doubled all night against Philly and that help with Houston getting sacks. Poe is demanding attention in the trenches and he is winning.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10002798)
I want to know how they rate DTs when they get doubled and take on extra blockers. Poe was doubled all night against Philly and that help with Houston getting sacks. Poe is demanding attention in the trenches and he is winning.

They don't assign points on every play.

Now if you split a double team, you're getting a +

DenverChief 09-20-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10002797)
remember before we had the luxury of Justin Houston when Tamba was the ONLY source of rushing the passer

we had broke dicks like Mike Vrabel and Andy Studebaker on the other side.

Tamba doesnt get there anymore because Houstin is faster, stronger, quicker, etc.

When it was just Tamba, he got there eventually. QBs were able to hold the ball longer when it was just him, now the gameplan is QBs getting the ball out as quick as possible against us because there is Tamba AND Houston.

QBs would just camp in the pocket all the time against us because we had shit defenses ran by Romeo that generated no ****ing pressure

Tamba Reminds me of Neil Smith - and Houstin reminds me of DT

Poe is starting to remind me of Saleamua and our CB's of Lewis (Smith) and Ross (Flowers)

And how about Erruc Burry and Derrin Churry

keg in kc 09-20-2013 04:40 PM

Speaking of Fisher, I think the entire offensive line was a dumpster fire for about 85% of last night's game. Heard Reid say pretty much the same thing today (although his was the coach speak equivalent "they need work"). His comment was that they're young and that the last two weeks it's taken them until the end of the game to really settle in and play as a unit.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2013 04:42 PM

Fisher just getting his ass whipped like this 4-5 times a game.

http://i.imgur.com/m0YqugY.gif

Snapplez 09-20-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10002819)
Speaking of Fisher, I think the entire offensive line was a dumpster fire for about 85% of last night's game. Heard Reid say pretty much the same thing today (although his was the coach speak equivalent "they need work"). His comment was that they're young and that the last two weeks it's taken them until the end of the game to really settle in and play as a unit.

If they gelled at the end of the Cowboys game, how come that didn't follow through into a short week? They should still be gelled. O-Line has big issues and it starts with how shit Fisher has been so far this year.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-20-2013 04:43 PM

Sean Smith?

keg in kc 09-20-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapplez (Post 10002825)
If they gelled at the end of the Cowboys game, how come that didn't follow through into a short week? They should still be gelled. O-Line has big issues and it starts with how shit Fisher has been so far this year.

Don't ask me. That's a question for Reid.

DenverChief 09-20-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10002824)

WOW - what I am interested in if you can is the difference in pass protection from Allen to Schwartz

Three7s 09-20-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

He let the defender get his hands on him. He'll get abused every time as long as that keeps happening.

BigMeatballDave 09-20-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Wow. Ass handed to him.

Easy 6 09-20-2013 04:49 PM

Fisher :facepalm:

Pasta Little Brioni 09-20-2013 04:53 PM

Fisher has been an abortion....Que the real gif

MagicHef 09-20-2013 04:57 PM

With all the talk of where Chiefs ranked with other players, you do realize that the rest of the league had only played 2 games, right?

Deberg_1990 09-20-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

They was one play where he drove his man straight into Vick near the endzone, pure domination. Vick escaped, but only because he's Vick.

Deberg_1990 09-20-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

How are the rest of this years top 10 draft picks doing?

Pasta Little Brioni 09-20-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10002852)
With all the talk of where Chiefs ranked with other players, you do realize that the rest of the league had only played 2 games, right?

Do you just have to be a douche in every thread you plod in to?

saphojunkie 09-20-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

8. Sadly, PFF doesn't like Alex Smith's checkdowns. He's currently their 32nd rated QB.

Welcome to reerunville.

3-0.

4 TD. Zero interceptions.

There are not 31 guys who are better than that. Sorry, there just aren't.

So help me god, if Vick is rated higher. Or Eli Manning. Or Joe Flacco. Or any other QB who has thrown multiple horrible interceptions that cost their team a game...

****ing ridiculous.

O.city 09-20-2013 05:04 PM

That's all leverage in fishers part or lack there of. You absolutely cannot play high in th nfl, no matter how strong you are. (No not pot high)

He seam to be thinking about the technique to much instead of just playing. I don't think it's an coincidence that all of the 3 lt drafted who moved to rt. seems its a tougher transition that people think

saphojunkie 09-20-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10002852)

You do realize these aren't statistical accumulations, like sacks or yards or TD, right?

They are averages of successful plays. How many plays are successful out of the total. If anything, having more games only increases the legitimacy of their rankings.

LoneWolf 09-20-2013 05:18 PM

Statistics company started by an Englishman who has never played a down of football and had never watched a football game live when he started the company, but people spend time arguing about he grades they give players. This is he equivalent of walking up to a bum on the street, handing him your retirement savings, and asking him to invest the money for you just because he was using the Wall Street Journal for a blanket.

TambaBerry 09-20-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10002877)
Statistics company started by an Englishman who has never played a down if football and had never watched a football game live when he started the company, but people spend time arguing about he grades they give players. This is he equivalent of walking up to a bum on the street, handing him your retirement savings, and asking him to invest the money for you just because he was using the Wall Street Journal for a blanket.

why you so angry at PFF? Just because the english doesn't brush there teeth doesn't mean you can hate them

LoneWolf 09-20-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tambaberry (Post 10002880)
why you so angry at PFF? Just because the english doesn't brush there teeth doesn't mean you can hate them

Using PFF stats and rankings to decide which players are better than others would be like using your post to teach a grammar class.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2013 05:26 PM

There are some other interesting notes on Alex Smith, BTW.

Currently has attempted only 4 passes over 20 yards (1 completion). (30th)

13th in accuracy percentage (not bad but he was near the top in SF)

His receivers have dropped the 5th highest percentage of passes so far.

4th highest sack percentage when under pressure (not surprising)

23rd in completion percentage when under pressure

He is performing poorly when he actually has time to throw. He actually leads the league in number of dropbacks of 2.6 seconds or more. Only completing half of his passes in those situations, with 8 sacks.

MagicHef 09-20-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10002866)
You do realize these aren't statistical accumulations, like sacks or yards or TD, right?

They are averages of successful plays. How many plays are successful out of the total. If anything, having more games only increases the legitimacy of their rankings.

Not true.

Houston had a 3.1 vs the Jags, -0.4 vs the Cowboys, and 8.3 vs the Eagles. Add those together, you get his score of 11.0.

TambaBerry 09-20-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10002887)
Using PFF stats and rankings to decide which players are better than others would be like using your post to teach a grammar class.

peeps who juge gramar onn thee intraweb knead two git a lyfe

Chiefs Pantalones 09-20-2013 05:33 PM

@adamteicher: Just landed at KCI to news Justin Houston was credited with 4.5 sacks last nite. So his league leading total is now 7.5.

Snapplez 09-20-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tambaberry (Post 10002880)

ROFL

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-20-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 10002812)
Tamba Reminds me of Neil Smith - and Houstin reminds me of DT

Poe is starting to remind me of Saleamua and our CB's of Lewis (Smith) and Ross (Flowers)

And how about Erruc Burry and Derrin Churry

Yep ! And throw in Alex Smith as the Rich Gannon we never utilized.

patteeu 09-20-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10002866)

Actually, they are.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-20-2013 05:54 PM

PFF is a very useful tool. It isn't gospel and people love to cherry pick it though.

Rasputin 09-20-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Look at Hudson on that play he is handling his guy pretty good. I thought Hudson has been fine at center.

Fisher is ****ing horrible looks like a domino piece being pushed over like a domino piece.

MagicHef 09-20-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10002888)

He is performing poorly when he actually has time to throw. He actually leads the league in number of dropbacks of 2.6 seconds or more. Only completing half of his passes in those situations, with 8 sacks.

Wait, is this 2013, or 2010?

Hammock Parties 09-20-2013 06:00 PM

2013, friend.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-20-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Seems like he's pressing too hard to not throw an INT.

MagicHef 09-20-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10002957)
2013, friend.

Yes. I'm simply noting similarities.

Will you be surprised with a lot of wins against a weak schedule, followed by embarrassment in the playoffs?

Will you use PFF's poor opinion of Smith to show that you knew he was "fool's gold" all along?

COchief 09-20-2013 06:04 PM

Any chance we can get an update on that one guy who you spent the entire offseason telling us how much of an abject failure he was going to be mostly based off his past PFF numbers, please sir back up your ridiculous claims of knowledge on him which delved way past the point of sheer lunacy. I'm having a hard time remembering his name, we haven't really seen much of him other than an int and I think he's given up about 2 receptions for about 7 yards a piece so far this season. I'm sorry I can't give you his name, but for some reason the cameras hardly ever end up on his side of the field at the end of the play.

Stick to gifs, because you know about as much about evaluating NFL players as Fat Scott knows about QBs.

Post up his current PFF numbers and take your medicine tubby (also a man would admit at this point he was DEAD wrong), we had to hear that moronic dribble for 6+ months from your insane (at the time) claims about knowing his future as a Chief.

Please get some gifs going, this is where your true talent lies and we all appreciate them.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-20-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10002828)
Sean Smith?

????

Pasta Little Brioni 09-20-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10002952)
Wait, is this 2013, or 2010?

Cassel won 22 out of 28 starts?

Hammock Parties 09-20-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 10002970)
Any chance we can get an update on that one guy who you spent the entire offseason telling us how much of an abject failure he was going to be mostly based off his past PFF numbers, please sir back up your ridiculous claims of knowledge on him which delved way past the point of sheer lunacy. I'm having a hard time remembering his name, we haven't really seen much of him other than an int and I think he's given up about 2 receptions for about 7 yards a piece so far this season. I'm sorry I can't give you his name, but for some reason the cameras hardly ever end up on his side of the field at the end of the play.

Stick to gifs, because you know about as much about evaluating NFL players as Fat Scott knows about QBs.

Post up his current PFF numbers and take your medicine tubby (also a man would admit at this point he was DEAD wrong), we had to hear that moronic dribble for 6+ months from your insane (at the time) claims about knowing his future as a Chief.

Please get some gifs going, this is where your true talent lies and we all appreciate them.

LMAO

Sean Smith has had two good games against very mediocre to poor receivers, and one bad game against Dallas.

I expect more of the same as the season goes along.

DenverChief 09-20-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 10002938)
Yep ! And throw in Alex Smith as the Rich Gannon we never utilized.

:)

Now we just need to get our offense into gear

saphojunkie 09-20-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

I'm tell you, this is because he scrambles and NO ONE is getting open. He throws it away. It's an "incompletion," yes, but it's not that cut and dried. I am not seeing a lot of times where he is missing a wide open receiver and throwing it away or forcing a bad pass that is broken up.

He's playing frustratingly safe football. I want to see some ****ing downfield completions, but I can't complain that much when we are winning the turnover battle so handily.

Incidentally, this explains two things to me perfectly:

1. The difference between Smith and Cassel. I mean besides the obvious that Smith is an intelligent, athletic, talented, albeit limited QB who isn't made of human excrement. when Cassel got in trouble and DIDN'T go fetal, he would either take a terrible sack or he would throw the ball up for grabs and hope one of his big targets comes down with it. This led to either Bowe coming up with an insanely awesome catch or another dogshit interception. Smith just doesn't do that. Which leads me to the second thing that this explains to me...

2. Jon Baldwin was completely worthless to Alex Smith. Once again, Smith will only throw to an open receiver. A safe pass. He isn't going to chuck it to a tall leaper and hope that he comes down with a jump ball. Basically, the only thing Baldwin could do.

"I don't throw jump balls. I need wide receivers to get separation."

"O, rly? I only do jump balls. I can't get separation."

"Yeah..."

Can we figure out a way to draft Marquis Lee next year?

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-20-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10002975)
LMAO

Sean Smith has had two good games against very mediocre to poor receivers, and one bad game against Dallas.

Sean Smith was a steal in FA. He's ask to cover the number 2 WR and doing a great Job.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10002978)
I'm tell you, this is because he scrambles and NO ONE is getting open.

I think he abandons the pocket too quickly.

If he senses a hint of pressure he wants to completely bail out.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10002982)
Sean Smith was a steal in FA. He's ask to cover the number 2 WR and doing a great Job.

He was poor against Dallas. I'm glad he didn't get toasted by the likes of Riley Cooper, though. ROFL

I expect a huge wake up call for all you homers against the Giants. Their receivers are going to toast Sean Smith.

saphojunkie 09-20-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Honestly... Sean Smith had a bad game against Dallas? Really? I'm not being sarcastic here, I just honestly don't remember that. Is there video evidence of this?

I don't recall Miles Austin doing jack shit. And I recall Dez Bryant abusing Flowers.

If Smith struggled against Bryant, it was no more than Flowers did, and to me that says more about Dez than either of our guys.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-20-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10002985)
I think he abandons the pocket too quickly.

If he senses a hint of pressure he wants to completely bail out.

I agree with this. Looks like a dude playing Madden.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-20-2013 06:12 PM

Couldn't tell by watching the game that Dallas "roasted" him. Don't remember them doing much against him. Weird.

COchief 09-20-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

LMAO

You told us he was the going to be the worst CB and was Bartee part deux, he has been exceptional in his role thus far and you God damn well know it. Please post up the numbers?

Also pretty damn close to admitting you may have been right about Mcmidget all along if it's any solace.

COchief 09-20-2013 06:16 PM

Numbers on Smith that interest me:

3-0
4-0
0 turnovers
2 game clinching awesome late drives against above average teams.

Snapplez 09-20-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10002978)
I'm tell you, this is because he scrambles and NO ONE is getting open. He throws it away. It's an "incompletion," yes, but it's not that cut and dried. I am not seeing a lot of times where he is missing a wide open receiver and throwing it away or forcing a bad pass that is broken up.

He's playing frustratingly safe football. I want to see some ****ing downfield completions, but I can't complain that much when we are winning the turnover battle so handily.

Incidentally, this explains two things to me perfectly:

1. The difference between Smith and Cassel. I mean besides the obvious that Smith is an intelligent, athletic, talented, albeit limited QB who isn't made of human excrement. when Cassel got in trouble and DIDN'T go fetal, he would either take a terrible sack or he would throw the ball up for grabs and hope one of his big targets comes down with it. This led to either Bowe coming up with an insanely awesome catch or another dogshit interception. Smith just doesn't do that. Which leads me to the second thing that this explains to me...

2. Jon Baldwin was completely worthless to Alex Smith. Once again, Smith will only throw to an open receiver. A safe pass. He isn't going to chuck it to a tall leaper and hope that he comes down with a jump ball. Basically, the only thing Baldwin could do.

"I don't throw jump balls. I need wide receivers to get separation."

"O, rly? I only do jump balls. I can't get separation."

"Yeah..."

Can we figure out a way to draft Marquis Lee next year?

Mmmmm all these tasty Alexcuses

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-20-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10002992)
Couldn't tell by watching the game that Dallas "roasted" him. Don't remember them doing much against him. Weird.

This Austin had 3 for 31 yards. Clay must be listening to PFF again.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10002988)
Honestly... Sean Smith had a bad game against Dallas? Really? I'm not being sarcastic here, I just honestly don't remember that. Is there video evidence of this?

Almost every time they threw at him it was either a completion or a penalty. Targeted 6 times, gave up 5 catches for 48 yards, and had a penalty.

Poor effort.

Had Flowers not been getting toasted as **** on the other side I'm sure it would have been worse.