ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft QB measurements at the combine (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270285)

CoMoChief 02-22-2013 04:26 PM

People are slobbering on Geno Smith when he's smaller (or just as big at the most) than Brodie Croyle.

SAUTO 02-22-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9426232)
People are slobbering on Geno Smith when he's smaller (or just as big at the most) than Brodie Croyle.

size isn't everything. Croyle had already had multiple major injuries at this point
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 02-22-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9426208)
It all depends on what we think he "wants to run".

Did he want to run the short/quick passing offense he ran during his early years in Philly or did he have to run it because he didn't have the downfield WRs?

Did he want to run the downfield, balls/bust offense he ran in Philly during his later years there or did he have to run it because Vick doesn't have the consistency to operate a short passing game.

He has two clearly different offenses that he's run with some success in the past. About the only constant has been his utilization of the runningback and it doesn't matter who's under center for that - Jamaal Charles is the evolutionary Brian Westbrook.

I'm just reluctant to cite 'his' offense at this point because frankly, he's done a lot of different stuff as a HC.

Sure. He seems to do a great job putting his philosophy around the players he has. I'm just basing that on that he had the most success early.

I fully expect him to go with what we have and what he thinks they fit best with.

suds79 02-22-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9426192)
Manuel is a big dude.

Nice thing with Manuel is that I think you could mix in some read option and not have to worry about the injury option as much.

I like that offense for guys like Cam & Cap. Big QBs. Just not thinner QBs like RG3. Just depends on style.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

ROFL

As if that has ANYTHING at all to do with it.

DJ's left nut 02-22-2013 04:40 PM

Kaepernick isn't a huge guy.

Cam's about the only guy in the league I'd be comfortable building an offense that has the read-option as a common thing. Manuel would be another if he can prove to be an NFL caliber passer as well.

EDIT: Well the height/weight for Kaepernick is comparable, but he sure doesn't look as thick as Manuel or Cam. The thing about Kapernick though is that he seems adept at not taking the big hit, so you can probably get by with that for awhile.

saphojunkie 02-22-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Brodie Croyle was an inch taller and fifteen pounds lighter at the combine. Quit being a dipshit.

DJ's left nut 02-22-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9426266)
Brodie Croyle was an inch taller and fifteen pounds lighter at the combine. Quit being a dipshit.

You may as well tell me to stop being white.

CoMo is a dipshit - period. There's really no way for him to just stop.

saphojunkie 02-22-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9426268)
You may as well tell me to stop being white.

CoMo is a dipshit - period. There's really no way for him to just stop.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...NXH6vupM7gfCmr

CoMoChief 02-22-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9426251)
ROFL

As if that has ANYTHING at all to do with it.

of course it does.

Brodie didn't have 1oz of muscle on his body...which is why he was brittle.

CoMoChief 02-22-2013 05:04 PM

ROFL hilarious to see everyone's panties get twisted in a knot because of someone bad mouthing the holy QB prophet that is Geno Smith.

What's gonna be hilarious is when the Chiefs draft someone else at #1 or trade out of that pick and Geno goes elsewhere and this place melts the **** down.

DeezNutz 02-22-2013 05:04 PM

I agree that the bigger the individual, the more likely he'll be to sustain the physicality of playing in the league.

Barkley passes that test already. Smith, however, has the frame that he could easily add an additional 15-20 pounds with the help of an NFL pharmacy.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-22-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9426089)
I know it's illogical, I really know that. But I just am sick at having another #7 USC quarterback named Matt.

I KNOW IT'S ILLOGICAL.

We had a #7 USC TE named Matt, but never a QB.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9426299)
of course it does.

Brodie didn't have 1oz of muscle on his body...which is why he was brittle.

Brodie had chronic problems with his knees dating all the way back to high school.

It absolutely doesn't and you're an idiot.

saphojunkie 02-22-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9426310)
We had a #7 USC TE named Matt, but never a QB.

Excellent point. And Matt Leinert was #7 in the pros, but not at USC.

That's it! That's the secret! They have to be #7 AT USC while actually playing QB!

Draft away, good sirs!