ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Soren Petro-Rumor Pioli has signed an extension (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264903)

MIAdragon 10-11-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9002399)
It's the only 'ship we'll ever see, Dragon.

LMAO, sad but true.

Steron 10-11-2012 02:44 PM

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21771

Quote:

Scott f'in Pioli is the most overrated trash that has EVER been pawned-off on this franchise. You could combine Todd Blacklidge, Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac, and Matt Cassel and still not be even in the same ballpark of BS hype masking the utter incompetence of this current GM. I really didn't think there was any way in hell it would be possible to do worse than Carl Peterson. I was wrong.

I've been through bad times and the not-so-bad times but now is an all-time low to be a Chiefs fan.

DJ's left nut 10-11-2012 02:45 PM

Chiefs football: Embrace the suck.

Tribal Warfare 10-11-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9002405)
signing Pioli to an extension will ensure years of negative publicity from the fan base.

Banners will fly all the time.

Or an empty Arrowhead and apathy

Titty Meat 10-11-2012 02:46 PM

Danny Parkins ‏@DannyParkins
Asked national NFL writer about the policy: "I'm clueless on all that." Told him fans would be irate. "He helped save Clark a lot of money."

suds79 10-11-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9002401)
Oh c'mon - do you really believe this?

Guy has his contract and the front office knows there will be open !@#$ing revolt if its announced right now.

Yeah maybe so. I guess I don't know. Perhaps it's false hope.

Here's my question. We all know this season isn't going to get any better. So when will it be announced? They just going to keep "no commenting" all the way from here on out?

Just more fuel to the fire for me to jump ship. Been on the record that if the Chiefs don't draft a QB in the 1st next year, I'm done. And I meant it. But at this point I think that's a lock. So I'll have to evaluate if this would do it for me.

Steron 10-11-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9002405)
signing Pioli to an extension will ensure years of negative publicity from the fan base.

Banners will fly all the time.

Like Clark cares.

The Franchise 10-11-2012 02:47 PM

If Pioli is back next year and we don't draft a 1st round QB......I'm out. I won't watch a game or buy anything Chiefs related until Pioli is gone (or Hunt sells the team).

Reerun_KC 10-11-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steron (Post 9002416)
Like Clark cares.

He will care as season tickets sales continue to drop off...

suds79 10-11-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9002418)
If Pioli is back next year and we don't draft a 1st round QB......I'm out. I won't watch a game or buy anything Chiefs related until Pioli is gone (or Hunt sells the team).

But what if Pioli is back & they DO draft a QB in the 1st? That's the dilemma I'm dealing with.

Steron 10-11-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9002418)

This plus elentybillion.

The Franchise 10-11-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9002421)
But what if Pioli is back & they DO draft a QB in the 1st? That's the dilemma I'm dealing with.

Then that will be a situation that I will have to evaluate at that time. If Cassel is back though....I'm done.

MIAdragon 10-11-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9002415)

Here's my question. We all know this season isn't going to get any better. So when will it be announced? They just going to keep "no commenting" all the way from here on out?

Just more fuel to the fire for me to jump ship. Been on the record that if the Chiefs don't draft a QB in the 1st next year, I'm done. And I meant it. But at this point I think that's a lock. So I'll have to evaluate if this would do it for me.

It wont be announced until the very last moment. Or they will try to sneak it in during SB week and hope people are too "distracted" to notice. Clark thinks we're all idiots, and I guess the fact that many still staunchly support this abortion of a franchise he just may be right.

Reerun_KC 10-11-2012 02:49 PM

This franchise truly hates its fanbase...

Dayze 10-11-2012 02:49 PM

though I said I woudl be 'done' if Cassel was starting this year.....I've budged a bit. watched the games etc. but basically no other NFL games.

if this were to happen, the Chiefs are dead to me, and I'll make a yearly trip to Tuscaloosa instead.

Shag 10-11-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9002414)
Danny Parkins ‏@DannyParkins
Asked national NFL writer about the policy: "I'm clueless on all that." Told him fans would be irate. "He helped save Clark a lot of money."

Every fan's worst nightmare about Clark right there...

DJ's left nut 10-11-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9002415)

Offseason - when the NFL and football isn't first and foremost on the minds of the city. College basketball will be going full swing (all 3 local schools should be good), spring training will be starting up, all kinds of stuff could draw attention off it.

It will be right during those doldrums between the SB and intense draft discussion. Afterall, he's under contract for 2013 so the extension could happen anywhere in the offseason and be effective.

Things will quiet down and Scotty will get his extension announced via press release.

MIAdragon 10-11-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9002421)

He's still a POS, he wasted years of competitive football trying to force Mark down our collective throats. He would ONLY draft one to try to refill the seats, its a ruse, don't be sucked in.

Steron 10-11-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 9002429)

Yup. The Hunts are about the bottom line. W's don't matter. Dollar signs do.

Hammock Parties 10-11-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9002390)
So hey - we'll all go down together, ****er.

That's our silver lining?

:banghead:

MIAdragon 10-11-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 9002429)

The truth hurts.

http://raggedshirts.com/images/its-a...-tshirt300.jpg

Steron 10-11-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9002432)
Things will quiet down and Scotty will get his extension announced via press release.

:huh:

DJ's left nut 10-11-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9002436)
That's our silver lining?

:banghead:

It's the best I've got...sorry.

suds79 10-11-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9002444)
It's the best I've got...sorry.

Here's one better. Instead of going down with a sinking ship, make sure you get one one of those boats.

Pick another franchise.

Titty Meat 10-11-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9002432)
Offseason - when the NFL and football isn't first and foremost on the minds of the city. College basketball will be going full swing (all 3 local schools should be good), spring training will be starting up, all kinds of stuff could draw attention off it.

It will be right during those doldrums between the SB and intense draft discussion. Afterall, he's under contract for 2013 so the extension could happen anywhere in the offseason and be effective.

Yup that's how those sneaky bastards signed that pos Duhball

Hammock Parties 10-11-2012 03:07 PM

I won't make a single ****ing video until Pioli is fired.

I refuse to contribute to anything that promotes this franchise or brings joy to Chiefs fans anymore.

Reerun_KC 10-11-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9002483)

I refuse to contribute to anything that promotes this franchise or brings joy to Chiefs fans anymore.

:LOL:

You mean you are going to stop plagerism because of this?

LMAO

gblowfish 10-11-2012 03:10 PM

If Chunt has already given Fat Scott an "extension" (that's some pretty phallic imagery, btw...) then he won't whack him this year, no matter what. Chunt is too cheap to extend then whack a GM. They'll spin the year as Cassel's fault first, then Bowe's fault, then if that doesn't take, spin it as RAC's fault.

I don't think they whack RAC because he's Pioli's puppet. They'll say one year is not enough time to judge RAC.

They'll throw Casshole under the bus because the fans already have. No way he comes back next year. And the majority of his big money on the contract has already been paid out.

Bowe wants out of here (can't blame him) so they'll probably try to scapegoat him too as "not worth the money he wants, blah blah blah."

In the 2013 draft, they pick a corner back first to replace Carr. Then they trade a 2nd round pick to San Fran for Colin Kaepernick. The Fat Scott will start spinning how successful ex-SF QB's have been in KC. It'll be just like having Joe Montana here again!

And we get spun for three more years until Fat Scott's extension is played out, then its on to the next contestant.

It's not about winning, its about making money. It costs too much profit to try to win.

DaneMcCloud 10-11-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9002487)
:LOL:

You mean you are going to stop plagerism because of this?

LMAO

It's not plagiarism, it's copyright infringement.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-11-2012 03:12 PM

They draft Geno and everyone will fall in line. Empty threats. Get a ****ing QB and the "flaws" are hidden.

Dave Lane 10-11-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9002393)
If this is true and Cassel is back.......I'll be rooting for Cassel to die on that field.

and Pioli with him. **** them both!

Reerun_KC 10-11-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9002492)
It's plagiarism, it's copyright infringement.

K thanks!

In58men 10-11-2012 03:15 PM

Next banner

Pioli: "brb checking for candy wrappers lol"

bowener 10-11-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Can you make videos lambasting the Chiefs organization?

Tribal Warfare 10-11-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

****ing Rachel Phelps is our owner

Skyy God 10-11-2012 03:26 PM

This franchise's contempt for its fan base is absolute.

Hammock Parties 10-11-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9002513)
Can you make videos lambasting the Chiefs organization?

No, **** them. They aren't worth it.

I'm done recording this shit, analyzing it, doing crap with it.

**** it all.

Someone else can torrent, I'm out.

FAX 10-11-2012 03:28 PM

Perhaps it's time to check on the availability of ****edOverPlanet.com?

FAX

Hammock Parties 10-11-2012 03:30 PM

We should at least get a renaming of the main forum.

"Death Lounge."

"****ed By Pioli Lounge"

"Hell Lounge"

Pasta Little Brioni 10-11-2012 03:30 PM

LMAO

DJ's left nut 10-11-2012 03:32 PM

I still think "The Abyss" is fitting...

Skyy God 10-11-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9002494)
They draft Geno and everyone will fall in line. Empty threats. Get a ****ing QB and the "flaws" are hidden.

The only way I can spin this as a positive is that it frees up Pioli to tank the season for Geno. Of course, the same could be accomplished by firing that bum.

suds79 10-11-2012 03:32 PM

This is the worse possible type of news for me personally.

This just really, really, really p!$$es me off. But It's just short I think of being enough to make me quit. Particularly if we get Geno, Matt, Tyler(s) next year. QB can solve a lot of problems.

So now I'm just stuck hating this team.

In a weird twisted kind of way, I almost hope they pass on QB in the first sometimes. Make it easy for me to check out. :banghead::banghead:

MIAdragon 10-11-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9002539)

"Death Lounge."

"****ed By Pioli Lounge"

"Hell Lounge"

Simply "Indifferent" or indifference works.

BoneKrusher 10-11-2012 03:34 PM

Deliverance Lounge
(we've been ****ed)

Tribal Warfare 10-11-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9002539)

"Death Lounge."

"****ed By Pioli Lounge"

"Hell Lounge"

The Butthole or the Latrine

Pasta Little Brioni 10-11-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9002555)
Deliverance Lounge
(we've been ****ed)

Nah, that's reserved for the Orange Minge and those Rocky Mtn. Rednecks and QB.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-11-2012 03:38 PM

The Butthurt Lounge is more appropriate.

gblowfish 10-11-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9002523)
****ing Rachel Phelps is our owner

At least if Rachel Phelps owned the team, she could give the STH a stiffy!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-HFyecV7tMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Bad Guy 10-11-2012 03:52 PM

Tried telling you guys earlier in the week that I thought this rumor was 100% legit from the people I talked to. Clark loves Pioli. He thinks he's the best GM in NFL. Pioli has hoodwinked Clark. That's part of the reason Pioli didn't go to Cleveland. Pioli would have had to answer to the team president in Cleveland. Pioli wanted a team where he could run every aspect. He got that with Clark being an absentee owner.

We are saddled with this MF a minimum of 4 more years. 2 going on 3 finishes at the bottom of the AFC West earns you extensions from the cHunt family.

Titty Meat 10-11-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9002599)
Tried telling you guys earlier in the week that I thought this rumor was 100% legit from the people I talked to. Clark loves Pioli. He thinks he's the best GM in NFL. Pioli has hoodwinked Clark. That's part of the reason Pioli didn't go to Cleveland. Pioli would have had to answer to the team president in Cleveland. Pioli wanted a team where he could run every aspect. He got that with Clark being an absentee owner.

We are saddled with this MF a minimum of 4 more years. 2 going on 3 finishes at the bottom of the AFC West earns you extensions from the cHunt family.

I think i'm going to cry.

The Bad Guy 10-11-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9002605)
I think i'm going to cry.

When I talked to the guy who told me this extension was happening on Monday, it felt like I was running in zero degree weather. I couldn't breathe.

bowener 10-11-2012 03:57 PM

So is this legit or what?
If it is, **** playing nice with Clark anymore.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-11-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9002612)

Cmon. Did we really think Pioli would be gone? Remove PeeWee and get us a real QB for once is our best hope. Romeo may "retire" as well.

bowener 10-11-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9002608)
When I talked to the guy who told me this extension was happening on Monday, it felt like I was running in zero degree weather. I couldn't breathe.

This previous Monday or next Monday?

I'm just hoping all the hate spewed on Sunday was enough to stop Clark from signing any papers.

Hammock Parties 10-11-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9002599)
Clark loves Pioli. He thinks he's the best GM in NFL. Pioli has hoodwinked Clark. That's part of the reason Pioli didn't go to Cleveland.

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/ae62...cc3dbd6a6f.jpg

The Bad Guy 10-11-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9002612)

Most definitely is legit. I'm not going to say 100% happening, but I've heard from 2 different people I've trusted over the years that it is. I'd put it at 99.99995% that it's done.

DeezNutz 10-11-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9002608)

Happening or happened weeks ago? If it's the latter, I can somewhat understand, and the wheels falling off this jalopy make for painfully ironic timing. If it's the former, though, Clark's disregard for the fan base is palpable.

The Bad Guy 10-11-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9002615)
This previous Monday or next Monday?

I'm just hoping all the hate spewed on Sunday was enough to stop Clark from signing any papers.

Past Monday as in the day after the flyover.

Titty Meat 10-11-2012 04:00 PM

The guy has finished in last placed 2 out of 3 years, fired a head coach, several oc's, created a divide between the team and it's fan and is rewarded with a contract? This team is the Royals of the 90's.

BoneKrusher 10-11-2012 04:02 PM

guess i'll be searching for a team to root for.

The Bad Guy 10-11-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9002622)
Happening or happened weeks ago? If it's the latter, I can somewhat understand, and the wheels falling off this jalopy make for painfully ironic timing. If it's the former, though, Clark's disregard for the fan base is palpable.

Poor wording on my part. I talked to a source on Monday. I shot him a text about how the FO took the flyover and if there was any backlash inside the building from it.

He replied with Pioli's getting an extension. Didn't say one word about the flyover. I replied with your kidding and he said nope.

Didn't reply after that.

DeezNutz 10-11-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9002629)
Poor wording on my part. I talked to a source on Monday. I shot him a text about how the FO took the flyover and if there was any backlash inside the building from it.

He replied with Pioli's getting an extension. Didn't say one word about the flyover. I replied with your kidding and he said nope.

Didn't reply after that.

Thanks for the information.

FML.

The Bad Guy 10-11-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9002624)
The guy has finished in last placed 2 out of 3 years, fired a head coach, several oc's, created a divide between the team and it's fan and is rewarded with a contract? This team is the Royals of the 90's.

Clark is about as clueless about the NFL as you can be.

This is going to be a horrible stretch of football.

I also highly doubt the coaching staff will change at all next year.

Hammock Parties 10-11-2012 04:04 PM

About the only way this can get worse is if Cassel is back next season.

Pioli is dumb enough that it could happen, IMO.

The Bad Guy 10-11-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9002634)

He absolutely is dumb and stubborn enough.

Clark is basically rewarding the dog that just pissed on his boots with a lifetime supply of bacon.

I can just see the marketing campaign now.

Come see 2010 Pro Bowl Alternate Matt Cassel and your 2013 Kansas City Chiefs. Buy 2 tickets, get 2 free.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-11-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

**** man. Don't even mention that.

FAX 10-11-2012 04:06 PM

Well, if there were ever a case of "you get what you ask for", this will be it.

If, in fact, Pioli has been extended and if it's primarily due to financial reasons, Chiefs fans have no one to blame but themselves if they continue to support this charade by purchasing tickets and attending games. But, if they faithfully line up to line Clark's pockets, he has no reason to do anything but stay the course. And that means more of the same, ad infinitum.

Stranger things have happened, but if Pioli remains lashed to the wheel, it's doubtful we're going anywhere other than further down the abyss. And since money is the driver here, it will be the Chiefs fans who pay for the cruise.

It's sad. Very sad. Kinda saps your enthusiasm for the team.

FAX

mnchiefsguy 10-11-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9002619)

Perfect visual to describe the situation if it turns out to be true.

Rep.

007 10-11-2012 04:06 PM

this makes me wonder if the deal may have been done before pr's banner idea came out. Now they don't know how to deal with it.

The Franchise 10-11-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

That happens.....and I'm ****ing done.

DeezNutz 10-11-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9002640)
this makes me wonder if the deal may have been done before pr's banner idea came out. Now they don't know how to deal with it.

I know how I'm going to deal with it.

Go Rams.

bowener 10-11-2012 04:09 PM

Jesus ****ing Christ.
Raider week. Fans need to dress in all black and hold a funeral (somebody find a casket or several - plywood works) in the parking lot where a procession of former fans can walk by and toss their Chiefs apparel in the open casket(s), which will later be burned. The longer the line the better.

Titty Meat 10-11-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9002633)
Clark is about as clueless about the NFL as you can be.

This is going to be a horrible stretch of football.

I also highly doubt the coaching staff will change at all next year.

I think 1-15 or 2-14 could change all of this.

The Bad Guy 10-11-2012 04:10 PM

An extension like this just doesn't happen in a day so I'm fairly confident this has been going on for a while now.

The Bad Guy 10-11-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9002649)
I think 1-15 or 2-14 could change all of this.

Pioli's a smart businessman.

That extension is going to have ink on it long before that 2-14 season.

Clark isn't going to pay him 4 years worth of pay to GTFO.

The Franchise 10-11-2012 04:12 PM

I can't believe this shit. Thank God for fantasy football or I'd be giving up on the NFL altogether.

ChiefsCountry 10-11-2012 04:14 PM

We better start rooting for Brady Quinn to tear it up.

Ebolapox 10-11-2012 04:14 PM

you know what's sad? I never thought there would EVER be a football figure who I hated more than john elway.

let alone somebody who was associated with the chiefs. lin elliot, I didn't hate him as much. steve bono? nope.

I'm serious when I say that I hate pioli and cassel more than I john elway. if I had one bullet to kill one of them with, I'd like up pioli and cassel ear to ear, and shoot them. I'd then kick elway in the nuts.

then I would be happy.

Titty Meat 10-11-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9002652)
Pioli's a smart businessman.

That extension is going to have ink on it long before that 2-14 season.

Clark isn't going to pay him 4 years worth of pay to GTFO.

I've never heard of a GM keeping his job after a team going 2-14 so i'm doubting anything has been signed just yet.