ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Litterbox war (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284099)

Just Passin' By 06-03-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10667747)
Could you imagine the mess a dog attacking a raccoon in the house would make?

I can't imagine a raccoon ever being stupid enough to try entering my home. When it comes to dogs, I almost always have at least one of the giants (i.e. St. Bernard/Great Dane/Mastiff), and my dogs go out both during the day and at night, so the local animals would know better.

I'd be willing to pick up the raccoon pieces if I got to watch what happened to it if one did try coming inside, though.

Fire Me Boy! 06-03-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10667752)
WTF kind of dogs have you dealt with? Small dogs don't tend to slobber, and dogs are low maintenance pets if you set up a bathroom situation that works for you.

I had for a few months a lab/German Shepherd, but she simply would not leave the old cat alone (had the cat for 11 years before the dog came along... We were more attached to her than the dog, so we found the dog a nice home with some friends that had a couple kids).

Dog before that was a 120-pound Great Pyrenees.

Just Passin' By 06-03-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10667763)
I had for a few months a lab/German Shepherd, but she simply would not leave the old cat alone (had the cat for 11 years before the dog came along... We were more attached to her than the dog, so we found the dog a nice home with some friends that had a couple kids).

Dog before that was a 120-pound Great Pyrenees.

A well-trained GP and you can use a (large) dog door or a swinging door. If you don't want slobber, there are all sorts of smaller dogs available.

I get the whole cat people/dog people thing, although I happen to like both. What I don't get is people seriously thinking that the other choice is somehow a bad one. Dogs are more people oriented than cats, and they can require a little more effort if you choose the wrong type for your living circumstances. Other than that, though, both will piss and shit all over the place if you don't set up an acceptable alternative. Both will trash the house if you don't teach them not to. Both will piss you off at one point or another. There's not really a right or wrong choice.

Fire Me Boy! 06-03-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10667790)
A well-trained GP and you can use a (large) dog door or a swinging door. If you don't want slobber, there are all sorts of smaller dogs available.

I get the whole cat people/dog people thing, although I happen to like both. What I don't get is people seriously thinking that the other choice is somehow a bad one. Dogs are more people oriented than cats, and they can require a little more effort if you choose the wrong type for your living circumstances. Other than that, though, both will piss and shit all over the place if you don't set up an acceptable alternative. Both will trash the house if you don't teach them not to. Both will piss you off at one point or another. There's not really a right or wrong choice.

I'm not against dogs, but I do prefer cats. And actually, the GP didn't slobber much, mainly right after he'd eat or drink. He didn't even lick your hand.

On topic, I don't know what litter we use - wife changed it because it tracks less, but I hate the smell of the litter even brand new. Her suggested compromise: she can continue to get that litter, but she has to clean the box. I'm taking that as a win. And she scoops daily, full change out about once a week.

Deberg_1990 06-03-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10667804)
I'm not against dogs, but I do prefer cats.

Your Man Card please.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fire Me Boy! 06-03-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10667811)
Your Man Card please.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm OK with it. Cats are way closer to my personality. I don't need an animal to need me all the time. I like that cats have moods. Sometimes they're pissed off, a sometimes they want attention. Sometimes they're ornery, sometimes playful. Dogs are always happy, always want attention. I like that I have to earn a cat's trust and love.

alnorth 06-03-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10667819)
I'm OK with it. Cats are way closer to my personality. I don't need an animal to need me all the time. I like that cats have moods. Sometimes they're pissed off, a sometimes they want attention. Sometimes they're ornery, sometimes playful. Dogs are always happy, always want attention. I like that I have to earn a cat's trust and love.

Cats are adults. Dogs are reeruned children.

Halfcan 06-03-2014 01:36 PM

jeez this off season sucks

Talking about cat shit?

Rausch 06-03-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10667889)

Talking about cat shit?

I'd rather talk about cat shit than this offseason...

Graystoke 06-03-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10667889)

Talking about cat shit?

Better then talking about Peyton Forehead

Halfcan 06-03-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10667898)
I'd rather talk about cat shit than this offseason...

ROFL well when you put it that way..

MTG#10 06-03-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10667819)

This.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 10667847)
Cats are adults. Dogs are reeruned children.

And this.

Telling someone they're not manly because they prefer a cat over a dog is ignorant. A dog and cat the exact same size and weight, 9 times out of 10 the cat would destroy the dog in a fight. My girl's pit/border collie won't **** with her Maine Coon, he learned his lesson the hard way...that was an expensive vet bill.

DaFace 06-03-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10667811)
Your Man Card please.
Posted via Mobile Device

If it's a pissing match you want...

Cat People Are Smarter Than Dog People, New Study Shows

For me, I'd love to have a dog, but it'd have to come with a full-time dog sitter. I can leave my cats alone for 2-3 days at a time, and they're just fine. I do too many long weekends away to deal with a dog, even though I'd love to have one for the personality.

Just Passin' By 06-03-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10668257)
If it's a pissing match you want...

Cat People Are Smarter Than Dog People, New Study Shows

For me, I'd love to have a dog, but it'd have to come with a full-time dog sitter. I can leave my cats alone for 2-3 days at a time, and they're just fine. I do too many long weekends away to deal with a dog, even though I'd love to have one for the personality.

Is that the study that has already been found to be bullshit, or did they try pimping a new one?

Nevermind..... that's the self-selected college study. It's a complete sham.