ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Foo Fighters to get HBO Series/Documentary (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283717)

RockChalk 05-20-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10641012)
I really want to see Muse live. Everybody that's seen them said it was transcendent...

Had tickets to their show at Sprint a few years ago. They ended up canceling because Christopher's (bassist) wife was due around the same date as the show.

frankotank 05-21-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 10635139)
Saw foo fighters in KEMPER back a couple years ago. Dave Stop the show asked the spot light to shine on this guy in the very back...and goes..."Dude...you just had to have two beers didn't you?" The guy raised two beers up.

you sure that was Kemper? he did that at sprint center a couple years ago. matter of fact I was on the floor and when they came to the little rear stage I walked right up to him and got some great pics on shitty cell phone. (attached below)

some interesting comments in here. I think Foo is one of the greats. I've often wondered what Grohls life would be if dumbass Kurt hadn't killed himself. would he ever have realized his potential? would he still be behind the drumset?

I've wondered how nervous drummers must have been to audition for Grohl! like....damn..... be like auditioning to play guitar in Stevie Rays band! hahaha!

today's Foo isn't yesterdays Foo. some like the newer stuff....some don't. I appreciate it all....I'm a huge fan.....but my heart lies in the older stuff. but to say they suck.....wow.....I just don't get it.

country isn't my thing. but there IS some good country out there (even though it's really rock n roll nowadays) I appreciate good music....even if it's not my bag. so to throw a blanket statement out there that Foo sucks.....wow. WHICH FOO? old Foo? new Foo? oh no....ALL FOO! just dumb.

lastly.....Not Enough Space is possibly my fav Foo song. how in the HELL can he scream like that night after night? and that bitch sounds GOOOOOD live! ain't no lip syncing bullshit. Foo is badass. Grohl kicks ass.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1478
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1479
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1480

patteeu 05-21-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10643360)
you sure that was Kemper? he did that at sprint center a couple years ago. matter of fact I was on the floor and when they came to the little rear stage I walked right up to him and got some great pics on shitty cell phone. (attached below)

some interesting comments in here. I think Foo is one of the greats. I've often wondered what Grohls life would be if dumbass Kurt hadn't killed himself. would he ever have realized his potential? would he still be behind the drumset?

I've wondered how nervous drummers must have been to audition for Grohl! like....damn..... be like auditioning to play guitar in Stevie Rays band! hahaha!

today's Foo isn't yesterdays Foo. some like the newer stuff....some don't. I appreciate it all....I'm a huge fan.....but my heart lies in the older stuff. but to say they suck.....wow.....I just don't get it.

country isn't my thing. but there IS some good country out there (even though it's really rock n roll nowadays) I appreciate good music....even if it's not my bag. so to throw a blanket statement out there that Foo sucks.....wow. WHICH FOO? old Foo? new Foo? oh no....ALL FOO! just dumb.

lastly.....Not Enough Space is possibly my fav Foo song. how in the HELL can he scream like that night after night? and that bitch sounds GOOOOOD live! ain't no lip syncing bullshit. Foo is badass. Grohl kicks ass.

A lot of it really is.

frankotank 05-22-2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10643602)
A lot of it really is.

if the Eagles came out as a brand new band today....they'd call them country.
I find this a tad annoying. southern rock......is ROCK. the end.

but hey.....good on ya country folks for successfully peddling rock off on the young country fans. they are all....yay country! umm....ever heard of 38 special? it's rock man. rock.

patteeu 05-22-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10644782)
if the Eagles came out as a brand new band today....they'd call them country.
I find this a tad annoying. southern rock......is ROCK. the end.

but hey.....good on ya country folks for successfully peddling rock off on the young country fans. they are all....yay country! umm....ever heard of 38 special? it's rock man. rock.

Yep. I was a big Bob Seger fan in the 70s and a lot of his stuff could pass for country today. The Eagles and 38 Special are even better examples.

htismaqe 05-22-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10644809)
Yep. I was a big Bob Seger fan in the 70s and a lot of his stuff could pass for country today. The Eagles and 38 Special are even better examples.

Did you know that several of Bob Seger's hits were written by the Swampers, who were famously mentioned in "Sweet Home Alabama"?

I watched a PBS documentary the other night about Muscle Shoals, it was REALLY cool. Etta James, Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, the Stones, Skynyrd. Really, eye opening.

patteeu 05-22-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10644818)
Did you know that several of Bob Seger's hits were written by the Swampers, who were famously mentioned in "Sweet Home Alabama"?

I watched a PBS documentary the other night about Muscle Shoals, it was REALLY cool. Etta James, Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, the Stones, Skynyrd. Really, eye opening.

No, I had no idea. Interesting.

htismaqe 05-22-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10644852)
No, I had no idea. Interesting.

It started with FAME Studios.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FAME_Studios

And then the in-house guys from there started their own company (Seger actually worked with them after they left FAME).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_..._Sound_Studios

WilliamTheIrish 05-22-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Yes, it was at the Kemper show. Grohl was in great form that night. Big guy with two beers got spotlighted and Grohl said "I'm going .... You and me... We are going to the titty bar together".

Seen them several times. The show at Kemper was just unbelievable. Sprint Center was great also, but something about that 07? show made it stand out for me.

When they return, I'll be there.

RockChalk 05-22-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10645161)
Yes, it was at the Kemper show. Grohl was in great form that night. Big guy with two beers got spotlighted and Grohl said "I'm going .... You and me... We are going to the titty bar together".

Seen them several times. The show at Kemper was just unbelievable. Sprint Center was great also, but something about that 07? show made it stand out for me.

They dropped the 2nd stage from the ceiling at that '07 show, right? Played like a 45 minute acoustic set. I'm pretty sure they played for almost 3 hours that night.

frankotank 05-22-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10645161)

he said the exact same thing at the sprint center show.
oh well....it's a good bit.

WilliamTheIrish 05-22-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 10645176)
They dropped the 2nd stage from the ceiling at that '07 show, right? Played like a 45 minute acoustic set. I'm pretty sure they played for almost 3 hours that night.

That's the one. Incredible show. And FUN.

WilliamTheIrish 05-22-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10645565)
he said the exact same thing at the sprint center show.
oh well....it's a good bit.

It was similar. But the one penz was talking about was definitely the Kemper Show.

frankotank 05-23-2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10646155)
It was similar. But the one penz was talking about was definitely the Kemper Show.

well....I was there. it was the EXACT same shtick. not that there's anything wrong with that.....but he did the same thing at Sprint center.

that's OK Dave....I still love you man.

RockChalk 05-23-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10646147)
That's the one. Incredible show. And FUN.

We went and pre-partied somewhere downtown before that Kemper Show. Arrived about 15 minutes before Foos kicked off their set. Rocked our ass off for 3 hours, then were so hyped after, went out to the parking lot and killed a liter of polish brandy.