ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News No Charges in Wal-Mart BB Gun Shooting (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286844)

KC native 09-24-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10944773)
These stories nearly always follow the identical pattern:

These threads nearly always follow the identical pattern

Someone posts the thread
dumb ****s like you come along and insist on a political media narrative
dumb ****s like you then assert the victim was a thug
dumb ****s like you then show everyone how ****ing dumb they really are

Rinse and repeat.

Skyy God 09-24-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10944693)
l bought two BB guns from Wal Mart last summer. Neither came in a box and most of the higher end BB guns didn't either. Maybe Wal Mart needs to rethink the packaging on those, I don't know.

Sounds like a colorable claim against Wal-Mart for negligence as well.

Mr. Laz 09-24-2014 02:28 PM

if a cop shot him then he must have deserved it /CP

Beef Supreme 09-24-2014 02:31 PM

If you are a cop, you can shoot anyone and get a paid vacation, unless you shoot another cop.

Radar Chief 09-24-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10944754)
I live in DFW and it's the same way.

The cheap BB guns have boxes. The Air Softs do not (or they have very minimal cardboard on them).

Gotta be the area then. Here air softs are in vacuum formed plastic hanging from a peg board display.

ptlyon 09-24-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10944798)
If you are a cop, you can shoot anyone and get a paid vacation, unless you shoot another cop.

"Honey, I've been thinking... We should take a vacation."

"Alright! I'll shoot somebody tomorrow!"

listopencil 09-24-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 10944794)
Sounds like a colorable claim against Wal-Mart for negligence as well.

It would more likely be the manufacturer. BUT...Wal Mart has tremendous influence over the packaging of the products that they sell. I don't think you could find them liable but they could be proactive and demand changes.

ptlyon 09-24-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10944813)
It would more likely be the manufacturer. BUT...Wal Mart has tremendous influence over the packaging of the products that they sell. I don't think you could find them liable but they could be proactive and demand changes.

Why would they demand changes? Look at all the free advertising they're getting!

listopencil 09-24-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10944775)
Yes, I live in rural Kansas surrounded by agriculture and some prime hunting land.
http://www.kansasparadiseadventures.com/
http://www.liltoledo.com/

Wow, no shit? The higher end pellet rifles like the Beeman break over types that shoot >1000 FPS are on the shelves in boxes with the bb guns and air soft. The real guns are in a locked cabinet.
Shotgun shells are out in the open but high powered rifle, hand gun, and since they’re so scarce the .22 LR’s are under lock and key. Store help is required to get them.

Our real ones are behind a large glass counter display, and then the shelves have glass covers as well, so you can't just grab them off the shelf. The high end BB guns are right next to that with no counter and no glass cover over the shelves.

Radar Chief 09-24-2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10944817)
Our real ones are behind a large glass counter display, and then the shelves have glass covers as well, so you can't just grab them off the shelf.

Ok, that makes more sense.

listopencil 09-24-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10944801)
Gotta be the area then. Here air softs are in vacuum formed plastic hanging from a peg board display.

We do have some in blister packs. They are put in between the kiddy ones and the higher end ones.

-King- 09-24-2014 02:49 PM

No defense. And people wonder why people are trusting cops less and less
Posted via Mobile Device

GloucesterChief 09-24-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 10944661)
It's as if prosecutors doesn't really want to convict cops for questionable shoots....

Cops and prosecutors are on the same team. Expecting a prosecutor to fully go after a cop like they would a non-cop is like expecting one teammate on a football team to narc on another.

-King- 09-24-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10944717)
I agree, but if they get 911 calls saying the guy had a gun pointing it at people. They have no clue what they're facing when they go in.

First, that's bullshit. He wasn't pointing it at anyone.

Second, unless they caught him in the act of pointing it at someone, there still no justification for shooting him. They managed to arrest John Holmes even though he had literally just went on a killing spree, but they can't arrest this guy?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mennonite 09-24-2014 03:08 PM

The man was murdered. It wasn't his fault. It wasn't WalMart's fault. The only people here who are to blame are the gutless pigs that shot him down in cold blood.