ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What should the Chiefs do with the No. 1 pick? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269474)

htismaqe 01-30-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9364255)
What are the odds of trading back a few spots and having Geno still available? It's a risky play so I wouldn't want to do that, but if you can pick up some picks and still get Geno, that's a win.

I don't care what the odds are, I'm not playing Russian Roulette with the QB position.

Swanman 01-30-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9364276)
I don't care what the odds are, I'm not playing Russian Roulette with the QB position.

Nor would I in this case. Just looking to have my cake and eat it too.

Messier 01-30-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9364276)

you're doing that no matter who you acquire or draft. What sure thing situation is there you can see? Every QB is a gamble in this draft. They better have a veteran who can start a whole season, even if he's not needed but for a few games. Geno first overall and a mediocre back up isn't enough.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9364543)
you're doing that no matter who you acquire or draft. What sure thing situation is there you can see? Every QB is a gamble in this draft. They better have a veteran who can start a whole season, even if he's not needed but for a few games. Geno first overall and a mediocre back up isn't enough.

There's a BIG difference between gambling that you picked the right QB and gambling with whether or not you'll be able to pick a QB at all.

And you might as well prepare yourself...they're not getting a GOOD backup AND a #1 overall QB. It's an either/or proposition.

ARROW2 01-30-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9363280)
Thank God Herm is gone.

INDEED INDEED.....What an IDIOT!!!!

Halfcan 01-30-2013 12:24 PM

We better take Geno.

Yep trade down and then get him- sounds great- what team is going to do that? I think wwe should just wait to the 7th round and pick Geno then- I am sure all the teams will pass on him and let us wait-LOL

Someone on FB said we should draft Star at number one- LOL

Messier 01-30-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9364621)
There's a BIG difference between gambling that you picked the right QB and gambling with whether or not you'll be able to pick a QB at all.

And you might as well prepare yourself...they're not getting a GOOD backup AND a #1 overall QB. It's an either/or proposition.

who or what is a good backup in your opinion?

htismaqe 01-30-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9364791)
who or what is a good backup in your opinion?

I should have qualified that better.

I think a lot of people here want a backup that is capable of being a full-time starter.

The problem is that guys that can be full-time starters are going to want to START.

If we're drafting a QB and getting a backup, it will be a BACKUP, like Jason Campbell.

If we bring in Alex Smith, he's gonna start.