ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   mcshay mock 3.0 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281986)

planetdoc 03-06-2014 11:48 AM

mcshay mock

http://imgur.com/gallery/oP0Lx

23. Odell Beckham jr.

planetdoc 03-06-2014 11:50 AM

same for Kirwan's latest mock
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...-2-for-bortles

Direckshun 03-06-2014 12:43 PM

Don't **** with me, man.

Don't **** with me.

Mugsy 03-06-2014 02:48 PM

Beckham is definately my top choice. I think he is the second coming of Steve Smith. He plays just like him.

saphojunkie 03-06-2014 08:18 PM

I just read this and came immediately to DP to see if anyone had posted.

Six to midnight, huh Direckshun?

Direckshun 03-07-2014 08:35 AM

Six to midnight.

kccrow 03-07-2014 06:00 PM

Fuller up to 24 in his mock... I'm starting to look less stupid by the day bwahahaha. :P

Thanks for the post doc.

OldSchool 03-07-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 10472567)
Fuller up to 24 in his mock... I'm starting to look less stupid by the day bwahahaha. :P

Thanks for the post doc.

Well, Mayock does rank him as his 3rd corner.

RippedmyFlesh 03-07-2014 06:14 PM

Both have Martin going to miami @ 19. I hope he's off the board when we pick just so they won't be tempted to pick him.

kccrow 03-07-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10472585)
Well, Mayock does rank him as his 3rd corner.

Yep. Mayock and I align on alot of opinions when all is said and done. What I hate about Mayock is he waits and bases too much on the Combine. Fuller was in the top 3 CBs before the combine, in my opinion. The only one I have had rated higher is Gilbert, but I have the top 3 pretty much about the same. All have the potential to be quite good.

OldSchool 03-07-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 10472594)
Both have Martin going to miami @ 19. I hope he's off the board when we pick just so they won't be tempted to pick him.

:LOL: I'd be alright if we drafted him considering our current OL situation. We could certainly do worse. There will be a good WR available in the 3rd. Not too certain about a good OL player being there though. At least not good enough to be an upgrade over what we already have.

el borracho 03-08-2014 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 10472594)

Martin will be gone and the Chiefs will pick some other OL that nobody had ranked in the 1st.

Sandy Vagina 03-08-2014 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10469875)
http://imgur.com/gallery/oP0Lx

23. Odell Beckham jr.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/im...ileys/love.gif

OldSchool 03-08-2014 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 10473163)
Martin will be gone and the Chiefs will pick some other OL that nobody had ranked in the 1st.

Joel Bitonio out of Nevada. The perfect blind-siding pick that'll floor this MB, lol.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-toh2f3pqlG...0/bitonio1.gif

http://blogs.rgj.com/chrismurray/fil...4w5_layout.jpg

He completely took Barr out of the game when they faced UCLA.

RippedmyFlesh 03-08-2014 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 10473163)

So another words there was rape and he had aids.

RippedmyFlesh 03-08-2014 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10472850)
:LOL: I'd be alright if we drafted him considering our current OL situation. We could certainly do worse. There will be a good WR available in the 3rd. Not too certain about a good OL player being there though. At least not good enough to be an upgrade over what we already have.

You are wrong there is a better chance of getting an interior starting lineman in the 3rd than a starting yes I said starting quality wr. We have enough pieces to build a decent line but nothing after Bowe at wr. Nothing and you see THIS!!!!!!! NOTHING YOU SAY will justify not drafting a wr this year. This is the same as the year megatron came out and thank god herm realized what a stacked wr class that was coming in to take Bowe. I am through with your sick twisted 1970's football ol fetish.

Chiefnj2 03-08-2014 06:06 AM

IMO, Cooks is a better fit for KC. I also don't think these three QB's are going in the first 5 picks.

planetdoc 03-08-2014 10:09 AM

Chiefs already have a bunch of small receivers in avery and AJ jenkins.

I could see the team drafting Bowe's replacement this yr. Bowe's 2014 salary is guaranteed, and only $1.75 million of his 2015 salary. In 2015 his base salary is $10.75 million.

A guy like Jordan Mathews makes alot of sense in that scenario. I'm excited to see what direction Dorsey goes (i.e. size/speed ratio) based on his comments.

O.city 03-08-2014 10:22 AM

When asked about Moore to KC, here was his response

@NFLosophy: RT @YaBoyKStak: #Chiefs? >>I've been told that the Chiefs have fallen in love with AJ Jenkins and believe he's their answer.

OldSchool 03-08-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10473392)

@NFLosophy: RT @YaBoyKStak: #Chiefs? >>I've been told that the Chiefs have fallen in love with AJ Jenkins and believe he's their answer.

SO in other words . . .

http://www.uhnd.com/wp-content/uploa...e-dame-7th.jpg

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards...c9656f042e.jpg

Saccopoo 03-08-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10473200)
IMO, Cooks is a better fit for KC. I also don't think these three QB's are going in the first 5 picks.

I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion.

Both players are very similar in speed and what they bring to the game.

Both are incredibly elusive with the ball in their hands and possess the capability of being play making game changers.

Beckham is a little thicker and I think he's got a more natural ability to high point the ball while being covered than Cooks. (Beckham has 2" longer arms and a 2" higher vertical than Cooks.) As well, Beckham seems to have a higher level of fluidity on his routes. And while both have uncanny agility that translates to the field, Beckham has better strides going downfield versus Cooks who seems to be more of a jitterbug. (Think of Steve Smith versus Desean Jackson - both great receivers but both offering different things - and I think that like Smith, Beckham will be more effective on the outside as a #1 WR.)

Both Beckham and Cooks had utterly ridiculous 20 and 60 yard shuttle times at the NFL Combine and both were fast in the 40.

From what I've seen, Beckham looks to have a higher upside in terms of transitioning to a #1 WR versus being a PR/KR/Slot guy for his career.

Now, if you are speaking of being a guy that fits the Lavell Edwards West Coast offensive system that Reid runs, Jarvis Landry is probably better than either of these guys in terms of his hands, routes, etc. However, we already have a Landry on our team in Junior Hemmingway.

What Beckham and Cooks give you is explosiveness. TNT level explosiveness. And that's something that we currently don't have on the roster. Avery is fast. Jenkins is fast. But neither burst off the line, nor have the agility to utilize that speed in breaks, cuts, etc. Beckham and Cooks do and that's what the Chiefs need. And these guys realize that. It's why they signed Avery, brought in Jenkins - they know that there is a hole on the roster in terms of that dynamic ability at the WR position.

Fortunately, both Reid and Dorsey have drafted that guy (Jackson, Maclin, Cobb).

The only "problem" that the Chiefs might face in the Draft is that both of these cats might be gone by the time the Chiefs pick. I personally think that with their combine results, both may have pulled neck and neck and potentially could have leapfrogged Marquis Lee.

I think that one of the three will be there when they pick in Beckham, Cooks or Lee though.

Saccopoo 03-08-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10473483)

Actually, if they truly think that AJ Jenkins is the answer (which I don't, but let's hypothesize that he is), I think that they go with Kyle Van Noy, LB, BYU at #23.

I don't think that they were very satisfied with the LB play outside of Derrick Johnson and realize that with teams utilizing the TE position more and more as an offensive weapon (as well as larger receivers), that the LB position needs a more well rounded player versus the traditional "thumper." (49ers Bowman and Willis are an excellent example of a more modern approach to the 34 inside linebacker position.) As well, Van Noy is equally effective in a pass rush role as he is in mirroring defenders in space.

There's as much of a talent void at the LB position behind Johnson as there is at the WR position behind Bowe.

OldSchool 03-08-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10473564)
Actually, if they truly think that AJ Jenkins is the answer (which I don't, but let's hypothesize that he is), I think that they go with Kyle Van Noy, LB, BYU at #23.

I don't think that they were very satisfied with the LB play outside of Derrick Johnson and realize that with teams utilizing the TE position more and more as an offensive weapon (as well as larger receivers), that the LB position needs a more well rounded player versus the traditional "thumper." (49ers Bowman and Willis are an excellent example of a more modern approach to the 34 inside linebacker position.) As well, Van Noy is equally effective in a pass rush role as he is in mirroring defenders in space.

There's as much of a talent void at the LB position behind Johnson as there is at the WR position behind Bowe.

You think Van Noy can be a Darryl Washington type? I think he has the instincts to do it, I just don't think that Sutton is capable of utilizing his personnel that way though. Van Noy was also too slow for me to take in the 1st. Have enough slow defenders on our team already. Slow and not explosive is a no-no for me in the 1st.

If we go LB, I'd much rather take Ford or Attaochu over Van Noy.

We can get a MLB like Khairi Fortt in the 4th-6th rounds.

BossChief 03-08-2014 12:24 PM

Sac will never stop hoping we have a whole team of BYU alumni in KC.

Saccopoo 03-08-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10473571)
You think Van Noy can be a Darryl Washington type? I think he has the instincts to do it, I just don't think that Sutton is capable of utilizing his personnel that way though. Van Noy was also too slow for me to take in the 1st. Have enough slow defenders on our team already. Slow and not explosive is a no-no for me in the 1st.

If we go LB, I'd much rather take Ford or Attaochu over Van Noy.

We can get a MLB like Khairi Fortt in the 4th-6th rounds.

Van Noy's 40 time is deceiving. While he measured at a 4.71, that speed doesn't change in pads. He's one of the fastest linebackers I've seen recently on the field. His ability to close on the ball is first rate.

And he gives you positional versatility that Attaochu or Ford don't.

While the Daryl Washington comparison is close (and I really liked Washington coming out of TCU), I think the best comparison is current Chief Derrick Johnson. (Though, I think that Van Noy is substantially better at shedding blocks at the same stage as Johnson was.) Both are very instinctive and flow exceptionally well with the play. Van Noy is incredibly "natural" at the LB position and plays it extremely effective on both the edge and inside.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y2tL4xUZP_8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OldSchool 03-08-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10473804)
Van Noy's 40 time is deceiving. While he measured at a 4.71, that speed doesn't change in pads. He's one of the fastest linebackers I've seen recently on the field. His ability to close on the ball is first rate.

And he gives you positional versatility that Attaochu or Ford don't.

While the Daryl Washington comparison is close (and I really liked Washington coming out of TCU), I think the best comparison is current Chief Derrick Johnson. (Though, I think that Van Noy is substantially better at shedding blocks at the same stage as Johnson was.) Both are very instinctive and flow exceptionally well with the play. Van Noy is incredibly "natural" at the LB position and plays it extremely effective on both the edge and inside.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y2tL4xUZP_8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Give me Shazier at ILB over Van Noy.

kccrow 03-08-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10473821)

I like both, but there is something to be said about level of competition sometimes. As a Buckeye fan, I can say that more often than not you know what you're getting when you draft LB, CB, or OL from OSU. Shazier has burst and speed to burn and he gets there with a purpose. I think Van Noy is impressive, but he never showed me the same ability to shed as Shazier.

Saccopoo 03-08-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 10474024)
I like both, but there is something to be said about level of competition sometimes. As a Buckeye fan, I can say that more often than not you know what you're getting when you draft LB, CB, or OL from OSU. Shazier has burst and speed to burn and he gets there with a purpose. I think Van Noy is impressive, but he never showed me the same ability to shed as Shazier.

An overrated, peaked too early type of player?

milkman 03-08-2014 05:39 PM

Sac has always been an articulate dumbass with an unhealthy BYU/Utah obsession.

BigMeatballDave 03-08-2014 06:36 PM

Quote:

WTF

Saccopoo 03-08-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10473821)

In all seriousness, Shazier is really small, especially for a 34 LB. He plays with reckless abandon, but he doesn't seem to show good fundamentals. He takes poor angles and seems to forget how to tackle more often than you'd like.

I think he's going to get swallowed up by NFL offensive lines in a 34 as an inside linebacker. I think he's a pure weak side OLB in a 43, and that's if he can play at the 235 lb. he was at the combine.

Right now, he looks more like a potential LaRon Landry type of player IMO.

He's going to be overdrafted due to his combine numbers.

OldSchool 03-08-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10474453)
In all seriousness, Shazier is really small, especially for a 34 LB. He plays with reckless abandon, but he doesn't seem to show good fundamentals. He takes poor angles and seems to forget how to tackle more often than you'd like.

I think he's going to get swallowed up by NFL offensive lines in a 34 as an inside linebacker. I think he's a pure weak side OLB in a 43, and that's if he can play at the 235 lb. he was at the combine.

Right now, he looks more like a potential LaRon Landry type of player IMO.

He's going to be overdrafted due to his combine numbers.

Jordan is only 230 pounds and nowhere near the athlete that Shazier is. Don't think the coaches would have an issue with his size.

Chiefshrink 03-09-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Poker play comment so Cooks or Beckham Jr. fall to them.

Saccopoo 03-09-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 10475015)
Poker play comment so Cooks or Beckham Jr. fall to them.

I think that they are worried about the 49ers trying to leap frog them more than anything else.

The 49ers are stacked and really only need that speed/slot type of guy to fill out their offense.

If either Cooks or Beckham are on the board when the Chiefs pick (and both might be gone by the time the Ravens and Jets are done selecting), the Niners might make a move up and over the Chiefs.

OldSchool 03-09-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10475155)
I think that they are worried about the 49ers trying to leap frog them more than anything else.

The 49ers are stacked and really only need that speed/slot type of guy to fill out their offense.

If either Cooks or Beckham are on the board when the Chiefs pick (and both might be gone by the time the Ravens and Jets are done selecting), the Niners might make a move up and over the Chiefs.

They're speculating that Niners might trade up into the first half of the 1st round for someone, probably Evans.

kccrow 03-09-2014 01:18 PM

I'd be extremely surprised if either Van Noy or Shazier go in the 1st round. Neither deserve to. Both are small, athletic, 4-3 OLBs in my opinion. If my head was on the line, I'd take Shazier every day of the week over Van Noy. Better at shedding, better quickness, far more explosive, stronger, better tackler, makes more plays behind the LOS, better in coverage, better at everything, and more experience against far better competition every day. My 2 centavos.

Saccopoo 03-09-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 10475353)
I'd be extremely surprised if either Van Noy or Shazier go in the 1st round. Neither deserve to. Both are small, athletic, 4-3 OLBs in my opinion. If my head was on the line, I'd take Shazier every day of the week over Van Noy. Better at shedding, better quickness, far more explosive, stronger, better tackler, makes more plays behind the LOS, better in coverage, better at everything, and more experience against far better competition every day. My 2 centavos.

Not a chance he's better in coverage than Van Noy. No way, no how.

And Van Noy is exceptional at making plays behind the line of scrimmage.

Shazier takes a lot (and I mean A LOT) of bad angles, shows marginal fundamentals and doesn't seem to have ultra high level instincts. I think he's a product of his athleticism at the college level versus football acumen, and, like I said, I believe that LaRon Landry/Taylor Mays is his upside. He's a tweener that might not have a position at the next level, much like Landry and Mays. He's not going to be Brian Urlacher.

Van Noy is second to Jake Matthews in terms of football instincts and fundamentals in this draft IMO. Exceptionally smooth, plays smart and understands the game. He's also very fast on the field. He's bigger, taller with more room on his frame than Shazier. (Van Noy was a lean 245 lbs. at 6'3" at the combine.)

It's fun to watch the highlights of Shazier as he's ferocious going after guys, but if you watch the whole game, he whiffs just as many times as he lays into guys. Van Noy never whiffs.

If you want recent comparisons in terms of measurables, combine results and on the field productivity, Van Noy is very similar to Luke Kuechly and Shazier is very similar to Daryl Washington.

kccrow 03-09-2014 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10475445)
Not a chance he's better in coverage than Van Noy. No way, no how.

And Van Noy is exceptional at making plays behind the line of scrimmage.

Shazier takes a lot (and I mean A LOT) of bad angles, shows marginal fundamentals and doesn't seem to have ultra high level instincts. I think he's a product of his athleticism at the college level versus football acumen, and, like I said, I believe that LaRon Landry/Taylor Mays is his upside. He's a tweener that might not have a position at the next level, much like Landry and Mays. He's not going to be Brian Urlacher.

Van Noy is second to Jake Matthews in terms of football instincts and fundamentals in this draft IMO. Exceptionally smooth, plays smart and understands the game. He's also very fast on the field. He's bigger, taller with more room on his frame than Shazier. (Van Noy was a lean 245 lbs. at 6'3" at the combine.)

It's fun to watch the highlights of Shazier as he's ferocious going after guys, but if you watch the whole game, he whiffs just as many times as he lays into guys. Van Noy never whiffs.

If you want recent comparisons in terms of measurables, combine results and on the field productivity, Van Noy is very similar to Luke Kuechly and Shazier is very similar to Daryl Washington.

I liked reading your take up until that last sentence. Van Noy couldn't hold Kuechly's jock strap, regardless of any combine numbers. Kuechly, Willis, Urlacher, Lewis, those are the types of guys that come out once in a while. Guys like Van Noy and Shazier come out every year. As a note, I'm a Buckeyes' fan, so I've seen every game Shazier has played.

Now where I disagree with the meat and taters of your argument is in the fact that you put Shazier down for utilizing his speed, but you don't knock Van Noy. Van Noy was not physical and the primary knock on him is that he needs to get stronger to take blocks on in the NFL. No player exemplifies your position of using speed at the college level to gain production better than Van Noy.

I wouldn't take either player before the middle of round 2. I'd rate both as mid-2 to mid 3. I like Van Noy a bunch but they are damn near identical players. You watch a guy like Lamin Barrow, who really isn't much different from Van Noy nor Shazier, and he's rated a 4th round prospect. I think if you want a real NFL comparison to both guys, you think LaVonte David of the Bucs and watch his Nebraska tape.

The one part I agree on is that Van Noy does appear to have room to grow in his frame, whereas Shazier at 237 is nearly maxed out. Van Noy is really thin and narrow everywhere. He looks like a guy that could get up into the 255 range and be just as effective. Not sure if he can/will, but he looks it.

As a final note, I do really like Van Noy, so I won't argue against wanting KC to draft the kid. Hell, I'd be jumping for joy if they could snag him in the 3rd somehow, but I just don't see him lasting that long, nor Shazier. Too many teams need OLBs this year.

planetdoc 04-24-2014 02:21 PM

2014 mock draft: Picks I'd make

1.) Houston Texans: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
2.) St. Louis Rams (from WAS): Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
3.) Jacksonville Jaguars: Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
4.) Cleveland Browns: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
5.) Oakland Raiders: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
6.) Atlanta Falcons: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
7.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
8.) Minnesota Vikings: Blake Bortles, QB, UCF
9.) Buffalo Bills: Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
10.) Detroit Lions: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
11.) Tennessee Titans: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
12.) New York Giants: Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
13.) St. Louis Rams: C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama
14.) Chicago Bears: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
15.) Pittsburgh Steelers: Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU
16.) Dallas Cowboys: Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
17.) Baltimore Ravens: Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame
18.) New York Jets: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
19.) Miami Dolphins: Marqise Lee, WR, USC
20.) Arizona Cardinals: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
21.) Green Bay Packers: Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
22.) Philadelphia Eagles: Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana

23.) Kansas City Chiefs: Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota

This is a tough scenario for the Chiefs, and were trades allowed in this exercise, I would try desperately to trade out. I really don't want to spend another Chiefs first-round pick on a 3-4 defensive lineman, and Kansas City just signed Vance Walker. But if confronted with this situation, I'd take the best player on my board, and that is Hageman. It's too early to spend a pick on Kelvin Benjamin or any of the other remaining receivers, and Hageman has the potential to develop into a very good pro. He is an outstanding athlete for his size.

24.) Cincinnati Bengals: Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
25.) San Diego Chargers: Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
6.) Cleveland Browns (from IND): Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
27.) New Orleans Saints: Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
28.) Carolina Panthers: Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
29.) New England Patriots: Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
30.) San Francisco 49ers: Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
31.) Denver Broncos: Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
32.) Seattle Seahawks: Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame

The Franchise 04-24-2014 02:26 PM

Barr falls to 30? Seriously?

BossChief 04-24-2014 09:58 PM

Manziel or Barr, please.

planetdoc 04-27-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10583129)

it could happen. Barr is a tremendous athlete, but he is somewhat a "one trick pony" as a speed rusher, and is very raw. He has the strength of a RB (that is not a compliment).

OldSchool 04-27-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10583129)

Yeah, and we pass on him for an overrated and older 5-tech, lol.

milkman 04-27-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10588768)
Yeah, and we pass on him for an overrated and older 5-tech, lol.

I believe the word you're looking for is "soft".

I am not a fan of Barr, and would not be happy if the Chiefs selected him.

planetdoc 04-29-2014 03:29 PM

McShay 5.0

23. Marqise Lee

Analysis: The Chiefs could look to trade back here to get back the second-rounder they used to acquire Alex Smith last year. But if they stay here, a wide receiver makes sense given that it is one of the biggest needs on the roster. Lee doesn't have the timed speed of some of the other receivers in this class, and he had some issues with drops in 2013, but he has excellent fluidity as a route-runner and is faster on the field than his 40 time would indicate.

24 jason verrett
25 anthony barr
26 cody latimer
27 bradley roby
28 joel bitonio
29 Ra'Shede Hageman
30 Kelvin Benjamin
31 Kony Ealy
32 Stephon Tuitt

Saccopoo 04-29-2014 05:47 PM

Are McShay and Kiper collaborating on their mocks?

Sfeihc 04-29-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10593401)
Are McShay and Kiper collaborating on their mocks?

Nah, they are just following my lead.LMAO

planetdoc 05-05-2014 04:56 PM

Mcshay mock 6.0
23.) Marqise Lee - Kansas City Chiefs (11-5)

Analysis (April 29): The Chiefs could look to trade back here to get back the second-rounder they used to acquire Alex Smith last year. But if they stay here, a wide receiver makes sense given that it is one of the biggest needs on the roster. Lee doesn't have the timed speed of some of the other receivers in this class, and he had some issues with drops in 2013, but he has excellent fluidity as a route-runner and is faster on the field than his 40 time would indicate.

24.) Jason Verrett - Cincinnati Bengals (11-5)
25.) Anthony Barr - San Diego Chargers (9-7)
26.) Cody Latimer - Cleveland Browns (4-12)
27.) Dee Ford - New Orleans Saints (11-5)
28.) Joel Bitonio - Carolina Panthers (12-4)
29.) Stephon Tuitt - New England Patriots (12-4)
30.) Ra'Shede Hageman - San Francisco 49ers (12-4)
31.) Xavier Su'a-Filo - Denver Broncos (13-3)
32.) Kony Ealy - Seattle Seahawks (13-3)

planetdoc 05-08-2014 10:17 AM

McShay final

23 Xavier Su'a-Filo Kansas City Chiefs

Analysis: The Chiefs are another team that could look at USC WR Marqise Lee if he drops to this point, and Vanderbilt's Jordan Matthews is another possibility at the wide receiver position. They are also a strong candidate to trade down and try to get back a pick to make up for the second-rounder they dealt to the 49ers as part of the Alex Smith trade. But in this scenario, they fill a need by taking the No. 1 guard in this draft in Suâ??a-Filo.

24 Bradley Roby Cincinnati Bengals
25 Anthony Barr San Diego Chargers
26 Teddy Bridgewater Cleveland Browns
27 Jason Verrett New Orleans Saints
28 Morgan Moses Carolina Panthers
29 Stephon Tuitt New England Patriots
30 Odell Beckham Jr. San Francisco 49ers
31 Stan Jean-Baptiste Denver Broncos
32 Jeremiah Attaochu Seattle Seahawks

spanky 52 05-08-2014 11:23 AM

I'm no football guru but if Beckham is there at 23 and we pass, screw the Chiefs.

OldSchool 05-08-2014 11:38 AM

If Anthony Barr is there at 23 and we pass, I'm going to go kick some kittens.