ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV DTV Bill (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275159)

lewdog 08-07-2013 08:09 PM

DTV Bill

Just curious what your Direct TV bill is for those who have your cable through them?

I keep hearing these people getting discounts or sunday ticket for free. I wasn't offered anything regarding sunday ticket, even after I paid $130 just to move the service after only have it one year this May. I am wondering if I don't have any leverage because 1) I have a basic plan and thus "low" bill or 2) I have only been a member one year so I have no leverage to threaten anything about cancellation.

I pay about $90 a month for HD DVR and the Xtra channel package (205+ channels). First year with discounts I was paying between $65-70.

Mother****erJones 08-07-2013 09:19 PM

Go white sox.

We're at about 180 with all the movie channels and genie and shit

007 08-07-2013 09:20 PM

Oh, this will be a fun thread for me to read. LMAO

hometeam 08-07-2013 09:22 PM

Just called them yesterday and reduced my 125 dollar bill to 75 with 15 dollar discounts, free HD, 3 months free movies channels, and was offered Sunday Ticket at a 'reduced' price, though I have gotten it free 5 years in a row.

DaneMcCloud 08-07-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9866290)
Just curious what your Direct TV bill is for those who have your cable through them?

I keep hearing these people getting discounts or sunday ticket for free. I wasn't offered anything regarding sunday ticket, even after I paid $130 just to move the service after only have it one year this May. I am wondering if I don't have any leverage because 1) I have a basic plan and thus "low" bill or 2) I have only been a member one year so I have no leverage to threaten anything about cancellation.

I pay about $90 a month for HD DVR and the Xtra channel package (205+ channels). First year with discounts I was paying between $65-70.

I pay $165 a month for Direct TV.

I have five DVR's, every channel offered, the HD package, DVR service, Whole-Home,the MLB package and the protection plan. They've completely re-wired the cable in my home twice at no charge.

QuikSsurfer 08-07-2013 10:11 PM

So anyone want to hook a brotha up with a login?? I'd love to be able to watch games again this year on my PS3 :)
I'm not opposed to sending money via paypal.

Hays 08-08-2013 08:56 AM

I pay right at 110 a month for Genie home dvr, hd in 3 receivers and total choice package.
Only been customer for 1.5 years.

The Rick 08-09-2013 08:32 AM

I just called them yesterday. Told them I wanted to cancel Sunday Ticket because I didn't like how much my bill went up ($35/month x 6 months = $210 for Sunday Ticket). She started to process the cancellation it right away (I wasn't expecting that) so I quickly said I'd consider keeping it if she could offer a discount like last year. She said she could give it to me for $150 so I agreed to that. Then, I just asked if there were any other discounts she could offer on our regular service. Right away, she offered to take $13/month off our bill.

My point is that they seem to have no problem handing out discounts. All you have to do is ask them.

The Bad Guy 08-09-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9866746)
I pay $165 a month for Direct TV.

I have five DVR's, every channel offered, the HD package, DVR service, Whole-Home,the MLB package and the protection plan. They've completely re-wired the cable in my home twice at no charge.

Damn man.

I'm at 180 with 6 receivers with all of that too minus the MLB.

The Bad Guy 08-09-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 9870288)
I just called them yesterday. Told them I wanted to cancel Sunday Ticket because I didn't like how much my bill went up ($35/month x 6 months = $210 for Sunday Ticket). She started to process the cancellation it right away (I wasn't expecting that) so I quickly said I'd consider keeping it if she could offer a discount like last year. She said she could give it to me for $150 so I agreed to that. Then, I just asked if there were any other discounts she could offer on our regular service. Right away, she offered to take $13/month off our bill.

My point is that they seem to have no problem handing out discounts. All you have to do is ask them.

I had a lengthy conversation last night with DTV about the credits and why my account isn't eligible for them yet my brother who has 2 receivers, spends about 80 a month when I spend 165 gets offered the sun moon and the stars.

In the last year, DirecTV has completely re-worked their computer system and the formula for credits. It's about what's available in the tabs on the screen. Before, CSR's could just override the system if there was nothing, but that's not the case anymore. The CSR tried to put a 6 dollar credit on for something that fell off my bill but the system wouldn't allow it.

Once I changed my package to the Premier, and signed up for Autobill pay, more credits opened up.

The Rick 08-09-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9870389)
I had a lengthy conversation last night with DTV about the credits and why my account isn't eligible for them yet my brother who has 2 receivers, spends about 80 a month when I spend 165 gets offered the sun moon and the stars.

In the last year, DirecTV has completely re-worked their computer system and the formula for credits. It's about what's available in the tabs on the screen. Before, CSR's could just override the system if there was nothing, but that's not the case anymore. The CSR tried to put a 6 dollar credit on for something that fell off my bill but the system wouldn't allow it.

Once I changed my package to the Premier, and signed up for Autobill pay, more credits opened up.

Now that you mention it, I do recall hearing her say something to the effect of "I *do* see you are on AutoPay" when I asked for the credits.

kcxiv 08-09-2013 07:20 PM

its about 80 or so bucks, but with NFL sunday ticket its alot more right now. lol

have Genie 3 recievers 2 in HD 1's still in standard, but thats the play room for my nieces and nephews. They dont give a shit about HD yet. haha

CrazyPhuD 08-09-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9870385)
Damn man.

To be fair though when DTV customer service gives you lip you can't threaten to conference call the CEO of DTV in like Dane.

DaneMcCloud 08-09-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9870385)
Damn man.

I call every few months and ask about specials. They're usually willing to discount anywhere from $5 to $15 dollars per month because of the various specials they run.

It's time consuming to make those calls but it's worth it in the end.

DaneMcCloud 08-09-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9872465)
To be fair though when DTV customer service gives you lip you can't threaten to conference call the CEO of DTV in like Dane.

LMAO