ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2018 Free Agents (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313128)

Couch-Potato 01-10-2018 09:52 AM

2018 Free Agents

Who are you letting walk/cutting/retiring?

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/...8-free-agents/

Who are you targeting?

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...t-tracker?pg=1

O.city 01-10-2018 09:58 AM

Aaron Colvin

Preston brown

Trent Murphy

Allen Robinson

Best22 01-10-2018 10:08 AM

Cut Hali, DJ, Colquitt

Sassy Squatch 01-10-2018 10:12 AM

Find the 2 best run stuffing D linemen and give them a lifetime supply of BBQ.

tyreekthefreak 01-10-2018 10:14 AM

Sherman, Albert Wilson, Fulton, KPL should all be resigned.

Wish list would be a couple of the following; Malcom Butler, Eric Ried, Demarcus Lawrence, Star Lotuleie

wazu 01-10-2018 10:14 AM

Some good tight ends. Might be good to grab a couple since we seemingly need 3 of them involved on all third down plays.

Chris Meck 01-10-2018 10:17 AM

of the UFA, I re-sign Fulton. Let the rest walk. They're at best JAG.

I re-sign the RFA's just because they're cheap and while JAG, they're each at least familiar.

I target Sheldon Richardson to play opposite Chris Jones.
I target Daquan Jones to play NT.

I target Malcolm Butler to play CB opposite Peters.

RunKC 01-10-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13351415)
Find the 2 best run stuffing D linemen and give them a lifetime supply of BBQ.

Mike Pennel. 26 years old, 6’4” 330 lbs. very good run stuffer. 60th ranked DL on Brandon Thorn’s list. Would like to get him to be a rotational guy on 1st/2nd down.

Quote:

Pennel has a massive frame with tremendous bulk and thickness throughout his limbs, which makes it difficult for blockers to get inside of him or move him off his spot in the vertical run game. He's physical, aggressive and nasty. The 26-year-old owns his space with the ability to root his feet against double-team blocks, flashing jarring torque to shed and split once an offensive lineman's weight distribution gets thrown off. He touts immense power in his hands and has the length to reset the line of scrimmage and command the point of attack. Due to his adequate athleticism and lateral quickness, he will struggle expanding to win outside leverage against reach blocks. He can compress the interior of the pocket with a bull rush, but adequate snap quickness negates his ability to get offensive linemen to open their hips or worry about anything other than power.

WhawhaWhat 01-10-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 13351423)
I target Malcolm Butler to play CB opposite Peters.

He's going to be pricey.

Sassy Squatch 01-10-2018 10:28 AM

The complete and total collapse of the game plan post Kelce shows a desperate need for another WR. Allen Robinson should be a top priority.

Chris Meck 01-10-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 13351446)
He's going to be pricey.

yep. **** it. Do it anyway.

fairladyZ 01-10-2018 10:35 AM

so whats the deal with earl thomas? I heard alot of chatter about him being up for a trade or was he a RFA?

If we dump alex, with the 17mil we save on the cap we could realistically get 2-3 impact players for that money? Earl Thomas, Malcom Butler would look nicely in the backend. Possibly keep revis and nelson for rotation.

Then with the money we could save on guys like hali, DJ reworking his deal, ford, and bailey. We could look at addressing LB and WR/TE again.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-10-2018 10:35 AM

Having Conley back will be nice. We can't overspend on offense. Robinson can still develop

Sassy Squatch 01-10-2018 10:36 AM

If Sutton sticks around Peters is glued to one side of the field. A 1a/1b CB crew is paramount to making this scheme work.

Sassy Squatch 01-10-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 13351463)
so whats the deal with earl thomas? I heard alot of chatter about him being up for a trade or was he a RFA?

If we dump alex, with the 17mil we save on the cap we could realistically get 2-3 impact players for that money? Earl Thomas, Malcom Butler would look nicely in the backend. Possibly keep revis and nelson for rotation.

Then with the money we could save on guys like hali, DJ reworking his deal, ford, and bailey. We could look at addressing LB and WR/TE again.

Revis is gone. 10 mil for his sorry ass? Get the **** out.

fairladyZ 01-10-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13351473)

He knows he's not getting 10mil. DIdn't he play for 500k this year? give him a 2 year vet deal.. Revis knows his big money days are over.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-10-2018 10:41 AM

If Talib is cut, I'm interested for the right price

T-post Tom 01-10-2018 10:46 AM

FA lists are deceiving this time of year. A lot of these guys will get new contracts before they ever hit free agency.

As for the Chiefs' FAs, I don't know what to think. Part of the decision will be based on what change, if any, the offensive and defensive schemes/playbooks go thru in the off-season. I imagine the offense won't change much at all. Defense will depend on whether Sutton stays. At the minimum, I expect the Chiefs to keep A.Wilson, Sherman, Fulton, R.Wilson and Nacho.

DaneMcCloud 01-10-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 13351423)
I target Sheldon Richardson to play opposite Chris Jones.

No thanks.

Besides the attitude, he doesn't deserve a big bucks free agent contract when he put up 1 sack and 27 tackles in Seattle, who also just surrendered a 2nd round pick and Jermaine Kearse.

He's Fool's Gold.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-10-2018 10:51 AM

If you are thinking of signing multiple veterans to decent sized contracts just remember what happened to Oakland when those rookie contracts moved over to vet salaries. They're in an absolute mess

tatorhog 01-10-2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 13351418)
Some good tight ends. Might be good to grab a couple since we seemingly need 3 of them involved on all third down plays.

They did just sign Jace Amaro to a futures contract. May not stick around, but they are at least addressing already.

MahiMike 01-10-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13351387)
Aaron Colvin

Preston brown

Trent Murphy

Allen Robinson

Alex Smith to jags for Robinson and a 2nd

DaneMcCloud 01-10-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatorhog (Post 13351510)
They did just sign Jace Amaro to a futures contract. May not stick around, but they are at least addressing already.

I wouldn't call that move "addressing it".

He's a lottery ticket.

DaneMcCloud 01-10-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

It's a $10 million dollar Roster Bonus. If the Chiefs decline to pay it, they can still negotiate a deal with him, if both sides so chose.

Having Revis around on a sensible contract, especially with the return of Eric Berry, could pay dividends.

tatorhog 01-10-2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13351512)
I wouldn't call that move "addressing it".

He's lottery ticket.

"addressing" doesn't mean its fixed. It means, they also see it as a need and are at least making an effort now to prep for camp. He's upside. if he sticks, he sticks. Probably will have the same fate as Escobar, but I'm encouraged they are doing something.

DaneMcCloud 01-10-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatorhog (Post 13351521)
Probably will have the same fate as Escobar, but I'm encouraged they are doing something.

Did you actually expect Veach not to address the glaring hole(s) at the tight end position behind Kelce?

Wha?

oldman 01-10-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 13351494)
FA lists are deceiving this time of year. A lot of these guys will get new contracts before they ever hit free agency.

At the minimum, I expect the Chiefs to keep A.Wilson, Sherman, Fulton, R.Wilson and Nacho.

I'd agree and I'd sure like to find a way to keep Colquitt at a reduced price. He's 1 of the best in the business and has bailed us out of some tough situations. I know his stats are down this year, but a lot of that was ST play.
One thing that may keep us away from some big names is A. Smith. Any way you look at it, we're not going to recover all the money he's due because we'll have to sign a backup QB. I don't have any idea what what one is worth, but I sure don't want to have Bray as the only other QB on the roster. Drafting one late or an UDFA isn't really an option for a backup.

O.city 01-10-2018 11:08 AM

Revis was collecting a check and didn’t wanna tackle this year. No way did bring him back

They need to make hay while the sun is shining on defense while having a rookie deal at qb.

Cut the fat and go get some guys

tatorhog 01-10-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13351541)
Did you actually expect Veach not to address the glaring hole(s) at the tight end position behind Kelce?

Wha?

Bro, lay off the nyquil. Its January, what else is he going to do right now? At least he saw a young player who was once held in high regard, and signed him to a futures contract to see if there is actually any tread on the tires.

The other dude said we needed to address TE, and I simply mentioned a player that was recently picked up (which I hadn't seen mentioned on here yet) and attempted to convey the idea that at least they see the glaring need at TE too.

Thats all I'm saying. lol

RunKC 01-10-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13351557)
Revis was collecting a check and didn’t wanna tackle this year. No way did bring him back

They need to make hay while the sun is shining on defense while having a rookie deal at qb.

Cut the fat and go get some guys

I agree.

We need to go get a quality corner. Trumaine Johnson, Malcolm Butler or even Aqib Talib if he’s let go.

This team needs to be aggressive. Now is the time we can afford to overpay a couple of guys.

O.city 01-10-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13351566)
I agree.

We need to go get a quality corner. Trumaine Johnson, Malcolm Butler or even Aqib Talib if he’s let go.

This team needs to be aggressive. Now is the time we can afford to overpay a couple of guys.

I’d look more in the 2nd tier cb market. They’re gonna have to pay peters soon and they need to develop some cbs.

Chiefnj2 01-10-2018 11:26 AM

On average big name FA's rarely work out well.

O.city 01-10-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13351609)
On average big name FA's rarely work out well.

Yep

It’s about getting value there. The mid market guys are where to look imo

hitchief 01-10-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13351450)
The complete and total collapse of the game plan post Kelce shows a desperate need for another WR. Allen Robinson should be a top priority.

Yes, cut Wilson's ass and use his money and money from Hali, Zombo, DJ and Harris

Cut Wison and Harris on O and sign Robinson.

Cut Hali, Zombo and DJ on D and sign Butler

Use draft to get OG and backup TE

Wont have enough to get a stud OLB but hopefully Ford comes back healthy for a year. If he doesn't improve, cut him next year and target OLB in round 1.

Its a 2 year plan that would greatly improve the overall team.

DaneMcCloud 01-10-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13351612)
Yep

Offensive line is generally different.

If you're getting a solid, if not spectacular, 4 year starter that's heading into Free Agency for the first time, those signings tend to work out better than inserting "CB/WR" from "that" team to "this" team.

The Chiefs really need to bolster their offensive line and without a 1st and a 5th, it's going to be that much more difficult to acquire a guy in the draft.

Bewbies 01-10-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13351450)

That problem will be largely fixed by having a QB who isn't a quivering pussy.

Hoover 01-10-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13351612)
Yep

Yes. Go get a Tyler Eifert. Don't pretend you can get an all star OLB

O.city 01-10-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13351660)

If you're getting a solid, if not spectacular, 4 year starter that's heading into Free Agency for the first time, those signings tend to work out better than inserting "CB/WR" from "that" team to "this" team.

The Chiefs really need to bolster their offensive line and without a 1st and a 5th, it's going to be that much more difficult to acquire a guy in the draft.

A big strong LG would be nice, but I'm not sure they'll be that interested.

I'd imagine they'll lock up one of Fulton or Morse and go status quo there for continuity.

DaneMcCloud 01-10-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13351692)
A big strong LG would be nice, but I'm not sure they'll be that interested.

I'd imagine they'll lock up one of Fulton or Morse and go status quo there for continuity.

I'd be shocked if they didn't upgrade the LG position.

When Witzmann wasn't a turnstile, he was a penalty machine.

Fulton isn't mobile enough to play the LG spot, Erving was bad in that position and Morse is just an injury away from missing most of the season.

IMO, it's imperative to either sign or draft a left guard that can help this team in short yardage situations and there hasn't been anyone on this roster capable of doing that for as long as I can remember.

O.city 01-10-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13351822)
I'd be shocked if they didn't upgrade the LG position.

When Witzmann wasn't a turnstile, he was a penalty machine.

Fulton isn't mobile enough to play the LG spot, Erving was bad in that position and Morse is just an injury away from missing most of the season.

IMO, it's imperative to either sign or draft a left guard that can help this team in short yardage situations and there hasn't been anyone on this roster capable of doing that for as long as I can remember.

Oh I’d be happy with a new lg and keeping Morse but I’m not sure they’ll do that

We shall see.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-10-2018 01:10 PM

Worth noting that the OLB spot can easily be upgraded, as Zombo was probably one of the 2-3 worst edge defenders in football this year. They still need to prioritize it highly however, along with getting a stouter DL.

mcaj22 01-10-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13351829)
Worth noting that the OLB spot can easily be upgraded, as Zombo was probably one of the 2-3 worst edge defenders in football this year. They still need to prioritize it highly however, along with getting a stouter DL.

problem is, is there an OLBer worth a salt even hitting FA, usually that position gets locked up

pugsnotdrugs19 01-10-2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 13351880)
problem is, is there an OLBer worth a salt even hitting FA, usually that position gets locked up

Not sure, but that's my point in a way. It shouldn't be hard to find an upgrade on the market as it can't possibly get any worse than Zombo.

Even Ford is a major upgrade, and that's not saying much.

T-post Tom 01-10-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 13351549)
One thing that may keep us away from some big names is A. Smith. Any way you look at it, we're not going to recover all the money he's due because we'll have to sign a backup QB. I don't have any idea what what one is worth, but I sure don't want to have Bray as the only other QB on the roster. Drafting one late or an UDFA isn't really an option for a backup.

Chase Daniels signed a 1 yr, $900K deal with the Saints last year. He's 31 yrs old. Might be a realistic option as next year's backup. He knows the system, won't be too expensive, "team guy", and looks good in a visor.

O.city 01-10-2018 01:49 PM

Zombo tried hard

He’s just not good

O.city 01-10-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 13351880)

Probably not the big name guys but there surely will be some guys they can get production out of.

Someone like Trent Murphy or Okafor or Upshaw would be better than sombo

Toad 01-10-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13351660)

Well said. Some positions provide better average value than others via free agency. Skill positions typically do not provide value on average i.e. CB, edge rusher, WR.

Couch-Potato 01-10-2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 13351511)
Alex Smith to jags for Robinson and a 2nd

Yes please.

Couch-Potato 01-10-2018 03:13 PM

Trade Alex, ideally for A Robinson and a 2nd! Bring back Sherman, Wilson, Fulton, KPL, Jenkins. Cut and resign DJ at lower rate. Let Hali, Colquit and Bailey go.

Then I would love two from the below defensive list, and just one from the offensive list depending on whether we can get A Robinson in a trade scenario.

Defense:
Malcolm Butler (28) CB
Aqib Talib (31) CB
Earl Thomas (28) S
Kenny Vaccaro (27) S
DeMarcus Lawrence (25) DL/OLB
Ezekiel Ansah (28) OLB
Sheldon Richardson (27) DL
Star Lotulelei (28) DL

Offensive:
Sammy Watkins (24) WR
Jarvis Landry (25) WR
Allen Robinson (24) WR
Marqise Lee (26) WR
Paul Richardson (25) WR
Terrelle Pryor (28) WR
Jordan Matthews (25) WR
Michael Crabtree (30) WR
Mike Wallace (31) WR
John Brown (27) WR
Josh Gordon (26) WR
Jimmy Graham (31) TE/WR
Tyler Eifert (27) TE
Trey Burton (26) TE
Antonio Gates (37) TE
Justin Pugh (27) OG/OT
Andrew Norwell (26) OG

O.city 01-10-2018 04:40 PM

Chiefs aren’t gonna have that much cap room holy hell

Maybe they could get 1 of those guys

RunKC 01-10-2018 04:43 PM

Mike Pennel could be our new Mike DeVito, who we have missed terribly since he’s left.

Sassy Squatch 01-10-2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13352441)
Chiefs aren’t gonna have that much cap room holy hell

Maybe they could get 1 of those guys

Why not? Assuming we trim the fat and get rid of DJ, Hali, Ford, Bailey, Parker, and trade Smith all of a sudden we've got quite a bit of cap.

Chief Northman 01-10-2018 04:52 PM

Allen Robinson is a free agent dummies.

RunKC 01-10-2018 05:46 PM

Holy shit I’m going to start flooding this thread with Mike Pennel. We need to sign this man to be our next NT

Titty Meat 01-10-2018 06:05 PM

Talib and a cheap NT

Chief Roundup 01-10-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13351408)
Cut Hali, DJ, Colquitt

No need to cut Colquitt he is a FA.

Chief Roundup 01-10-2018 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13351484)
If Talib is cut, I'm interested for the right price

Isn't that the case for every good player. I see this said a lot and it seems so obvious that I get a kick out of it every time I see where someone has used that line.

KChiefs1 01-10-2018 06:26 PM

Concentrate on defense.

KChiefs1 01-10-2018 06:27 PM

Lawrence
Ansah
Lotulelei
Talib

CoMoChief 01-10-2018 07:12 PM

QB2
----------------------
1 of the Minnesota 3
Chase Daniel
Josh Johnson

BigCatDaddy 01-10-2018 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 13351924)
Chase Daniels signed a 1 yr, $900K deal with the Saints last year. He's 31 yrs old. Might be a realistic option as next year's backup. He knows the system, won't be too expensive, "team guy", and looks good in a visor.

I think that is a perfect fit. He pretty much duplicated what Alex did when given starts.

mcaj22 01-10-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13351980)
Probably not the big name guys but there surely will be some guys they can get production out of.

Someone like Trent Murphy or Okafor or Upshaw would be better than sombo

yuck.

Couch-Potato 01-10-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 13352723)
QB2
----------------------
1 of the Minnesota 3
Chase Daniel
Josh Johnson

EJ Manual?

Cornstock 01-10-2018 09:50 PM

Trading Smith and cutting a few guys, while renegotiating a contract with DJ will give us some dough to play with.

If we get a 2nd for Smith the pick will obviously be defense. Take best available between corner or LB. There will be some run stoppers available in free agency.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-10-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13352447)
Mike Pennel could be our new Mike DeVito, who we have missed terribly since he’s left.

He's huge. Noticed him during the Jets game for that alone.

Sassy Squatch 01-10-2018 09:55 PM

Mike Pennel was born in Topeka, KS. I'm liking this idea more and more.

oldman 01-10-2018 11:19 PM

Daniel's deal with the Saints seems pretty cheap to me. I would think a quality backup would be in the $2-3M range at least. If we can retain Fulton and think either Morse or Ehinger can hold down the LG spot, groovy. I think LG and a backup QB should hold us on offense and every other resource should be given to the D. While another WR might be on some folks lists, we have Hill, Conley coming back, Robinson, and a couple guys that seemed to click with PM2 in camp, Kemp and Dieter. You could retain Wilson and DAT. How many WRs do you need?

RunKC 01-10-2018 11:41 PM

Dear Brett Veach,

Please sign this man. He's 26 and shouldn't cost much.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patriots run a zone lead. Adams fills in to get in on the tackle. Mike Pennel (0 tech) shows RIDICULOUS power as he is initially combo blocked but then drives the center back into the running lane with one arm. <a href="https://t.co/aOVQ35VGIS">pic.twitter.com/aOVQ35VGIS</a></p>&mdash; Joe Blewett (@Joerb31) <a href="https://twitter.com/Joerb31/status/948734532068495362?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 4, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mike Pennel (1 tech) bulls the center backwards clogging the b gap where this power run is designed to go. Which forces Gordon to bounce the run outside where he is brought down. <a href="https://t.co/7sVMSEwsB3">pic.twitter.com/7sVMSEwsB3</a></p>&mdash; Joe Blewett (@Joerb31) <a href="https://twitter.com/Joerb31/status/945829726337273856?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 27, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mike Pennel and Steve McLendon are having solid years for the Jets. Both Pennel (1 tech) and McLendon (3 tech) both use the jerk move on their blockers (LG,RG) to get in on the tackle. <a href="https://t.co/EUQ7wIbePq">pic.twitter.com/EUQ7wIbePq</a></p>&mdash; Joe Blewett (@Joerb31) <a href="https://twitter.com/Joerb31/status/945809498085691392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 27, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jets?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Jets</a> DT <a href="https://twitter.com/TheBeastPennel?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TheBeastPennel</a> tallied 5 run stops across 20 run snaps. His 25 run stop percentage is tops among qualified DTs. Over past 2 weeks, Pennel owns 2nd highest run grade among 112 qualified interior defenders. He&#39;s been starting in place of Muhammad Wilkerson <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@pff</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LACvsNYJ?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LACvsNYJ</a></p>&mdash; Paul Andrew Esden Jr (@BoyGreen25) <a href="https://twitter.com/BoyGreen25/status/945135929789992961?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 25, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

pugsnotdrugs19 01-10-2018 11:49 PM

Pennel can be our NT/1-tech.

Add him and improve your OLB across from Houston and we will have a very formidable front.

Couch-Potato 01-11-2018 08:01 AM

A few notes to the above posts:

1) Hard to believe any of the Vikings Three will want to play backup next year, didn't all three play well enough to seek a starting job when they could?

2) Pennel looks like just what the doctor ordered!

3) KCMO is not a major talent pool on the national stage for anything but college basketball players, just because someone is from there or went to school there doesn't mean they should come back. That said, yes to Talib and no to Chase Daniel.

Rausch 01-11-2018 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 13353123)
If we can retain Fulton and think either Morse or Ehinger can hold down the LG spot, groovy. I think LG and a backup QB should hold us on offense and every other resource should be given to the D. While another WR might be on some folks lists, we have Hill, Conley coming back, Robinson, and a couple guys that seemed to click with PM2 in camp...

We can always draft a guy...

Sassy Squatch 01-11-2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 13353302)
A few notes to the above posts:

1) Hard to believe any of the Vikings Three will want to play backup next year, didn't all three play well enough to seek a starting job when they could?

2) Pennel looks like just what the doctor ordered!

3) KCMO is not a major talent pool on the national stage for anything but college basketball players, just because someone is from there or went to school there doesn't mean they should come back. That said, yes to Talib and no to Chase Daniel.

Much rather Chase Daniel then any other option. Knows the offense already and is somewhat mobile. Probably going to be cheap as **** too.

Hoover 01-11-2018 08:22 AM

While I'm on board with the notion of continuting to invest in the defense through the draft, I also think you have to have an eye out for value. Now I think out 2nd round pick needs to be a defensive player, but if I'm in the third and there is a interior lineman or tackle sitting there I don't hesitate because it is a position of need. Cam Erving is stil a project and entering into the final year of his deal. Witzmann and Morse are also in their final years. So the guard position is an actual legit need that needs to be addressed, especially considering we has a young QB.

Hoover 01-11-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13353319)
Much rather Chase Daniel then any other option. Knows the offense already and is somewhat mobile. Probably going to be cheap as **** too.

Chase at vet minimum is a steal. Love to have him back, even at his old 3 year 10M deal.

Reerun_KC 01-11-2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 13351482)
He knows he's not getting 10mil. DIdn't he play for 500k this year? give him a 2 year vet deal.. Revis knows his big money days are over.

And his usefulness is way past over. Again. We got to get younger and get over these old guys that eat up a shit ton of money and produce very little.

Sassy Squatch 01-11-2018 08:26 AM

Revis was a hired gun for playoff contenders. His time is gone. Seriously doubt he's going to want to play for vet minimum, which is about all he's worth nowadays. I sincerely doubt he plays for a love of the game, he plays for money. It was like yanking teeth trying to get him to sign this first go around.

Couch-Potato 01-11-2018 08:29 AM

Trade:
Alex = 2nd & Josh Gordon (26) from the Browns

Resign:
Sherman, Wilson, Fulton, KPL, Mitchell.

Restructure:
DJ

Cut
Hali & Bailey

Sign FA:

Defense:
Aqib Talib (31) CB
Mike Pennel (26) DL
+New Coordinator with pass rush mentality

Offensive:
Tyler Eifert (27) TE

Draft:

2nd- OLB (Alex)
2nd- DL
3rd- ILB
4th- DB
6th- OG

Results:
Browns trade a headache for stability. Chiefs acquire x4 high-value, low-cost, starting caliber players: Gordon, Talib, Pennel, Eifert. Offense is set for the foreseeable future. Brining back DJ and Berry, plus Talib and Pennel, along with spending our high draft picks on defense and bringing in a new coordinator should go a long way in solidifying our defense.

Reerun_KC 01-11-2018 08:52 AM

Restructure and do what with DJ?

Chris Meck 01-11-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

I believe the cap hit is 4.5 million. Not so bad.

Sassy Squatch 01-11-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 13353532)
I believe the cap hit is 4.5 million. Not so bad.

Yes, it really is. Outside of tutoring our CBs how to play press, which we don't even really do, he's worthless. His tackling attempts make Ron Parker cringe.