ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Five Techniques in 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270698)

The Franchise 03-04-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9463336)
You've got to be kidding me.

That can't be real.

This is from www.rotoworld.com

BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah did not train for February's Scouting Combine, instead focusing on finishing classes at Brigham Young.

Almost every Combine invitee hires a trainer to prepare. Ansah didn't, and he still tore it up. Measuring in at 6'5" and 271 lbs with 35 1/8 inch arms, Ansah posted the sixth fastest forty time (4.63) of 37 defensive linemen who ran, and his 34 1/2 inch vertical tied for seventh. Only Barkevious Mingo had a faster ten yard split (1.56). Ansah's agent claims his forty-yard dash at the Combine was the first he's ever run in his life. We expect Ansah to be drafted in the single digits.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 02:29 PM

Single digits, ****. That guy's a Top Five pick.

The Franchise 03-04-2013 02:30 PM

I honestly wouldn't be against taking him #1. At this point....if we can't trade down and we aren't taking Geno Smith.....it comes down to 3 players.

D. Milliner
S. Floyd
E. Ansah

The Franchise 03-04-2013 02:32 PM

And yes I realize that we have Hali and Houston. But Hali is getting up there in age. You could rotate Ansah in while getting him used to the speed of the NFL and in a year or two....he'd replace Hali.

DJ's left nut 03-04-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9462638)
It sounds like everybody wants 3-4 DEs these days to create havoc in the backfield and make big plays. The 1-gap helps that, but I don't know if there are really any players in this draft who can make that kind of difference. Sheldon Richardson seems to have the most potential, but I'm not rolling the dice on any more defensive linemen with bad attitudes.

I still don't see how you aren't impressed by Floyd.

Kid's 20 and he made first team all SEC. He's strong as an ox, his athleticism jumped off the page during the combine and he's a hell of a worker. I love the guy.

If you can get a true difference maker for this 1-gap, you've salvaged the pick; it's the biggest difference we can make at this pick apart from QB.

DJ's left nut 03-04-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9463354)
I honestly wouldn't be against taking him #1. At this point....if we can't trade down and we aren't taking Geno Smith.....it comes down to 3 players.

D. Milliner
S. Floyd
E. Ansah

I'd rather take Hunt at #34....

....****.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9463360)
And yes I realize that we have Hali and Houston. But Hali is getting up there in age. You could rotate Ansah in while getting him used to the speed of the NFL and in a year or two....he'd replace Hali.

Totally agree. I'm very comfortable with that.

I don't think a single GM in the league is, however.

Considering Dorsey's history, he's almost certainly going with the trenches, either LT or DE.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9463361)
I still don't see how you aren't impressed by Floyd.

Kid's 20 and he made first team all SEC. He's strong as an ox, his athleticism jumped off the page during the combine and he's a hell of a worker. I love the guy.

If you can get a true difference maker for this 1-gap, you've salvaged the pick; it's the biggest difference we can make at this pick apart from QB.

Agreed.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 02:37 PM

Both Dorsey and Jackson have proven that even if blue chip draft selections don't pan out, they can still be key players for your team if they are the kind of guys who work their ass off. (This could easily be true of Poe as well.)

That's the difference between them and Ryan Sims, who's total lack of work ethic gave him nothing to fall back on when he failed to hit his ceiling.

DJ's left nut 03-04-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9463386)
Both Dorsey and Jackson have proven that even if blue chip draft selections don't pan out, they can still be key players for your team if they are the kind of guys who work their ass off. (This could easily be true of Poe as well.)

That's the difference between them and Ryan Sims, who's total lack of work ethic gave him nothing to fall back on when he failed to hit his ceiling.

How did either of them prove that? Jackson's hardly been a guy that works his ass off and Dorsey's never been a key player on even an average football team.

RyFo18 03-04-2013 02:42 PM

I see you left off the Chiefs #1 overall pick, Star Lotuleilei.

The Franchise 03-04-2013 02:43 PM

FFS.....if they won't re-sign Albert......then go sign Bushrod. He'll come cheaper than Albert.

Saccopoo 03-05-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9463354)

D. Milliner
S. Floyd
E. Ansah

Okay...shit has just got weird.

Fat Elvis 03-05-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9463342)
Everybody thinks players can just put on weight:

http://gamedayr.wpengine.netdna-cdn....ah-570x379.jpg

Ziggy, for the most part, is maxed. He can get stronger, but this is his bodytype. Getting more fit will probably only lower his weight, but not by much. His body is NFL ready.

He's going to be fine as a 4-3 DE where he only has to worry about attacking tackles from the edge.

Attacking multiple lineman from the inside, however, is out of his weight class. And as Pest said earlier, a total waste of his talents. You want this guy in space on the edge, not in the slop.

Ansah was physically manhandling linemen at the Senior Bowl; he was literally just throwing them aside. And no, he is not maxed--not even close. What you are looking at is a body in progress: it is a body that had been used for hoops and track. Only recently has he even begun to focus his body on football. One of the reasons why he only has a couple years of football experience is because he felt his body was a "delicate flower" (yes, his words). With his explosiveness and strength--and our move to an attacking defense, I think he would make a great, though unorthodox, 5 tech.

Doesn't really matter though...we're drafting Geno.

The Franchise 03-05-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9466099)
Okay...shit has just got weird.

lolwut?