ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop ***Official Knowmo2724 homer-2000 thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211188)

Mile High Mania 08-02-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7795217)
From everything I have read so far Denver has added Derrick Thomas (Von Miller) and Antonio Gates (Julius Thomas), if you added those guys to a 4-12 team how many more wins is that worth?

Plus we get back the sack champ from 2009 in Elvis Dumervil AND a completely healthy All Pro LT in Ryan Clady.

That takes Denver from 4 to at least 8-10 wins overnight.

Yeah, those are the 2 missing links to 10 wins. :spock:

The team has a lot to overcome and rather than post a zillion twitter ramblings from a guy that writes for a fantasy football site, why not just post an article.

http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2011/0...d-of-schedule/

Bowser 08-02-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

From everything I have read so far Denver has added Derrick Thomas (Von Miller) and Antonio Gates (Julius Thomas), if you added those guys to a 4-12 team how many more wins is that worth?

Plus we get back the sack champ from 2009 in Elvis Dumervil AND a completely healthy All Pro LT in Ryan Clady.

Well, I guess when you're starving, even bread crumbs look like a feast. Enjoy the marked improvements to 6 wins this year.

Chief Faithful 08-02-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Yeah, but I've read that Jesus Tebow is looking so back he is sliding down to third string. That takes Denver from 8 wins back to 6. Plus, the schedule is much tougher this year so that drops the team to 5. Add to that all new coaching and schemes your team is back to 4. ;)

Mile High Mania 08-02-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7795251)
Well, I guess when you're starving, even bread crumbs look like a feast. Enjoy the marked improvements to 6 wins this year.

I'll take 6-8 wins as long as they're consistently improving and the young guys are developing well in the new schemes. Sure, I'd love more, but realistically... it's just silly to think there are not going to be ups and downs and stumbles along the way. Lots of change (again), so they have to adapt.

Quesadilla Joe 08-02-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 7795244)
Yeah, those are the 2 missing links to 10 wins. :spock:

The team has a lot to overcome and rather than post a zillion twitter ramblings from a guy that writes for a fantasy football site, why not just post an article.

http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2011/0...d-of-schedule/

That article didn't say anything worth reading and didn't even come close to mentioning how impressive Julius Thomas has been.

Denver has a lot of talent, we are nowhere near as bad as the 4-12 record from last year would indicate.

Bowser 08-02-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7795278)
That article didn't say anything worth reading and didn't even come close to mentioning how impressive Julius Thomas has been.

Denver has a lot of talent, we are nowhere near as bad as the 4-12 record from last year would indicate.

TEBOW! MORENO! THAT TIGHT END GUY!

The Bad Guy 08-02-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

I love how you just declare these things about players that haven't played one game yet.

God, you ****ing are the biggest tool homer ever.

The Broncos are a joke. Just like ****ing you.

The Bad Guy 08-02-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Yes, you are as bad as your 4-12 record indicates.

How many games are you going to watch this year in it's entirety? 2? 3? How many things at your parents house are you going to break? I'd say you'll break more items than wins for Denver.

Tool.

RealSNR 08-02-2011 11:00 AM

Julian Thomas. That's cute.

The Chiefs signed Steve Breaston, the best slot receiver in the game, and now have so much depth on the defensive line it's not even funny. Jerrell Powe figures to become our Vince Wilfork, and we have Kelly Gregg to guide him along that path for this year. Brandon Silas is a cheap free agent we picked up who is the best rising star in terms of 3-4 LBs. Once Carr, Hali, and Houston sign contracts, there's really no stopping this team

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Mile High Mania 08-02-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

ROFL Yeah the twitter rants were priceless...

So, are your "8-10" win predictions thrown out there irregardless of who the starting QB is or are you leaving yourself a Tebow loophole? There's no denying that based on your comments that you are one of those fans that has bought in to Tebow mania, whether he can beat out Orton or not.

And, my guess is that if Orton is the starter... you'll back track on the 8-10 wins.

RealSNR 08-02-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 7795309)
ROFL Yeah the twitter rants were priceless...

So, are your "8-10" win predictions thrown out there irregardless of who the starting QB is or are you leaving yourself a Tebow loophole? There's no denying that based on your comments that you are one of those fans that has bought in to Tebow mania, whether he can beat out Orton or not.

And, my guess is that if Orton is the starter... you'll back track on the 8-10 wins.

Knowmo's inside your head /vailpass

vailpass 08-02-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7795251)

LMAO sweet irony. Dude, you are a Chiefs fan.

Bowser 08-02-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7795313)
Knowmo's inside your head /vailpass

LMAO

Bowser 08-02-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7795316)
LMAO sweet irony. Dude, you are a Chiefs fan.

Ahem, a fan of the 2010 AFC West Champion Chiefs, if you don't mind.

Mile High Mania 08-02-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7795301)
Julian Thomas. That's cute.

The Chiefs signed Steve Breaston, the best slot receiver in the game, and now have so much depth on the defensive line it's not even funny. Jerrell Powe figures to become our Vince Wilfork, and we have Kelly Gregg to guide him along that path for this year. Brandon Silas is a cheap free agent we picked up who is the best rising star in terms of 3-4 LBs. Once Carr, Hali, and Houston sign contracts, there's really no stopping this team

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Breaston is the best slot receiver in the game? Or, are you just playing the knomo card and saying your new guy is the best because he's now a Chief?