ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   9/11/04... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98201)

Rausch 09-11-2004 03:48 AM

9/11/04...

No special point, I'm just saddened that so few remember the day and what it means.

Give a thought or prayer for our men and women serving and the families of those who've lost someone...

ChiefJustice 09-11-2004 03:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I haven't forgotten...it's a reminder that we still have a
job unfinished.

Taco John 09-11-2004 04:32 AM

Nine what now?

Taco John 09-11-2004 04:33 AM

Nothing is more cheap in this society than accusing someone of being Hitler-like and accusing someone of forgetting 9/11.

The sad thing is that people would tread in those areas in the interest of the promotion of their own political outlook.

Jenson71 09-11-2004 06:01 AM

God Bless America, and may her enemies burn in hell.

teedubya 09-11-2004 06:32 AM

Its hard to believe that it has been three years since that unforgettable morning. No one will ever forget, however the memory is so horrific, that it is certainly something that I dont bring up into my frontal lobe, each day and dwell upon, but certainly, no one will ever truly forget that maddening day. Fuqq, what a day.

Braincase 09-11-2004 06:37 AM

I remember an acquaintance at Compaq, Jeff Coombs...
I remember the network admins I trained at Cantor Fitzgerald.
I remember all of the folks I met and worked with at 1 Liberty Plaza, and the WTC admins that strolled through the doors.
I remember the staff at the Marriot WTC.
I remember the view from "Windows on the World".
I remember the store, no longer there, where I bought my girls "Powerpuff Girl" bath towels.

Mostly, I remember two beautiful buildings, and a day I'll never forget.

Nzoner 09-11-2004 06:51 AM

Thanks Brad.

May we never forget what we felt that day.

You see, the steel in us is not always readily apparent. That aspect of our
character is seldom understood by people who don't know us well. On this
day, the family's bickering is put on hold. As Americans we will weep, as
Americans we will mourn, and as Americans, we will rise in defense of all
that we cherish.

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/EUR/1030-5001.jpg

Dave Lane 09-11-2004 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
Nothing is more cheap in this society than accusing someone of being Hitler-like and accusing someone of forgetting 9/11.

The sad thing is that people would tread in those areas in the interest of the promotion of their own political outlook.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Amen
Dave

Eleazar 09-11-2004 07:57 AM

Doesn't seem like it's been 3 years.

dirk digler 09-11-2004 08:06 AM

I will never forget and I will never forgive.

Over-Head 09-11-2004 08:07 AM

I left Manhattan that morning about 5 hours before the Towers fell. I was 4 blocks away unloading.
I remember I was listening to a "new" Ozzy live CD all morning, and didn't even know what was taking place until I called dispatch.

Me: Morning Heidi
Her: Were under attack
Me: huhh? What?..Is Schneider still trying to buy up Landstar’s stocks and take control?
Her: NO!! Haven't you been listening to the news?
Me: NO, why what’s going on?......

Here I was a long way from my side of the border with the USA under terrorist attack.
Not a real good feeling.

I pulled out an old Tupper ware bin I filled with things from my truck when I sold it. On top is a copy of “Nov 12, 2001. USA ToDay” with the picture that will one day in America, be as famous as the Mona Lisa in Paris.

It was also the day I knew I was in love with my (now) wife to be. The only thing running through my mind was being killed in some war without ever meeting her face to face. Getting back to Canada, being with my family, all my friends, everything else gave way to my thoughts of her.
It was also the day she told me she loved me for the first time.**

(We met online, and it was almost a year of emails, chat, and phone calls before we actually met. The USA changed forever on Sept 11.
I finally met JoAnn on Nov 12.)

WilliamTheIrish 09-11-2004 08:14 AM

Pretty good article about Euro's who were there that day and how they feel today.

http://www.iht.com/articles/538375.html

ROYC75 09-11-2004 08:50 AM

I was working, business as usual downstairs in the office. The kid ( Travis )working with me was just out of the army, instead of relisting and finishing out his 7 years, he was home mending fences with his wife.

My wife called me and sad that somebody had bombed the WTC, apparently not getting the story first before she called. I told the wife this is nothing new, they have been try'n to do this for sometime now. She said, no, this is up high in the building, people are hurt.

I was busy at the time, knowing I could catch the details later,Travis went upstairs and turned the TV on. Here I was busy, phone calls right and left needing his help. Finally,getting a break, I headed upstairs to see what was going on and to tell Travis to get back to work.

He met me 1/2 way down the stairs, emotional, teary eyes saying those MF are going to pay. I said what, Who ? Those people who did this, they flew 2 commercial jets into the towers.

I said , What ? He told me again, said he knew who it was, It's Bin Laden. Not knowing what the hellhe was yacking about, I went upstairs to see for myself. I was in disbelief, shocked when I saw the replay of the jet flying into the buildings.

I looked at both my wife and Travis and said, they better evacuate the building, those things are coming down. My wife said how, they are still standing. I told her the heat from the fuel, the fire will weaken the steel and when those floors colaspe, it's going to knock'm all down.

Then we sat there watching it all unfold, the pain and agony of the lost lives. The rest of the day was shot revenue wise.

Travis re-enlisted a month later to serve his remaining 7 years. He was a combat training officer.

That day changed the lives of many Americans on how we value each day of our lives.

To this day, I recall with those teary eyes by Lt. Travis Thompson, U S Army and thos words...... Bin laden !

Iowanian 09-11-2004 10:26 AM

I remember. I learned of it, and lived it on this very BB that morning from work.

Peace to the families and those affected.

Keep up the hunt and kill those bastards who helped.