ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Shaun Alexander? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98988)

Terribilis 09-19-2004 06:20 AM

Shaun Alexander?

Any news on whether or not he is starting?

Mile High Mania 09-19-2004 06:34 AM

I have not seen anything definitive... I know that one owner in my league that has both him and the backup, still has SA in the lineup.

This may not be clear until the game starts. Reason #27 that Fantasy Football is frustrating. :)

just shawn 09-19-2004 06:40 AM

i also am leaving him as a starter, i have warrick dunn as a backup, not sure if i am doing the right thing leaving him as a starter

Mile High Mania 09-19-2004 06:47 AM

This is one of those character building moments in fantasy football that defines your season...

Who do you trust? The team - the player - the coach - ESPN - NFL.com - fantasy sites????

The fact is only Holmgren and Alexander know the answer... so, monitor the updates as they come out and go with your gut.

ExtremeChief 09-19-2004 07:01 AM

I'm leaving him in as a starter... he has a starting streak of somekind going. I'll go get some info for you.

ExtremeChief 09-19-2004 07:02 AM

News and Notes
Sep 18 Alexander practiced on Friday and could play against Tampa Bay on Sunday. Coach Mike Holmgren said he would make a game-time decision based on how Alexander feels Saturday.

Advice: Alexander is still listed as questionable Friday, so it's prudent to wait as long as possible before deciding whether to activate him. In his favor is the fact that he has never missed a game due to injury.
STATS, Inc.

Sep 18 Shaun Alexander will be a game-time decision. The Seahawks' running back practiced for the first time on Friday since bruising his right knee in week one, but is still listed as questionable for this Sunday's game against the Buccaneers. "I think Shaun moved around well enough to play," head coach Mike Holmgren told the Associated Press. "We'll have to see now how he responds to this tomorrow. We'll see. It will be a Sunday decision."

Views: Unfortunately for fantasy owners, the Bucs and 'Hawks play a late game, at 4:05 ET on Sunday. And of course in most leagues that will be three hours after you need to have your lineup set. You should have a really good Plan B in place by now.
Fanball.com

Sep 17 Seattle Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander (knee) practiced Friday, Sept. 17, and felt good. While he'll be a game-day decision for the Seahawks, all indications are pointing towards him being fine for Week 2. KFFL

Sep 17 Alexander (knee) was able to practice Friday, boosting the chances that he will play on Sunday, according to ESPN's John Clayton.

Recommendation: We'll await more details, but things are definitely looking up for Alexander. The rub from a fantasy perspective of course, is that he has a capable backup (Maurice Morris) and the team may decide to limit Alexander rather than push him too hard. We'll give you more as we know it.

Mile High Mania 09-19-2004 07:06 AM

Even if Alexander starts ... I could see Morris getting 10 or so carries. Of course, Holmgren is going to wait until game time ... why let the Bucs know early?

Terribilis 09-19-2004 07:42 AM

errr...
I have Morris, not Alexander and I really want to start him...
I wonder who they would use in goal line situations :hmmm:

ExtremeChief 09-19-2004 07:45 AM

My problem is that 2 of my 3 "good" running backs are questionable. So I have to decide between Chris Brown against Indy or Alexander. I may go with Brown since his prognosis was better yesterday. Alexander got me 33 fantasy points last week, I hate to miss out on that if he plays.

:hmmm:

LVNHACK 09-19-2004 08:20 AM

Unless I hear something in the pre game I'm playing him.......

KevB 09-19-2004 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
I have not seen anything definitive... I know that one owner in my league that has both him and the backup, still has SA in the lineup.

This may not be clear until the game starts. Reason #27 that Fantasy Football is frustrating. :)

Actually, this has to be reason #1. Nothing worse than having to scour the net and TV until 11:59 to get any sliver of information related to your questionable player.

I'm playing him based on the info I have to this point. I have T. Jones as a backup, so that's not enough for me to bench Alexander.

Joe Seahawk 09-19-2004 09:31 AM

I would guess he'll play, maybe not 20 carries, but he'll play and the Hawks will feed him when they get into goal line situations..

jspchief 09-19-2004 09:51 AM

I'm leaving him in. Last year Holmgren put me through this several times, and Alexander always played.

Joe Seahawk 09-19-2004 09:57 AM

Holmgren did say something in his press conference that could tighten a few sphincters around here, he said if I don't start him I probably wont play him at all..

Hoover 09-19-2004 09:57 AM

I have Alexander as my # 1 Back

Right now he is on the bench. Should I start him?

My other backs are Chris Brown, Q Griffin, and O Smith. As of right now I'm starting Brown vs Indy