ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Matt Barkley... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272550)

Imon Yourside 04-27-2013 10:07 AM

well shit...

Halfcan 04-27-2013 10:07 AM

barkley gone!

Imon Yourside 04-27-2013 10:07 AM

This thread = dead.

milkman 04-27-2013 10:07 AM

Oh....Twitter boy.

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

EagleRob 04-27-2013 10:07 AM

Just traded Vick's fumbles for Barkley's picks.

Imon Yourside 04-27-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9636828)
Just traded Vick's fumbles for Barkley's picks.

heh

xztop123 04-27-2013 10:08 AM

I'm confused why we drafted that RB(minor reach) with our 3B if we were indeed targetting Barkley(as Philly's trade up would seem to indicate.)

Is Dorsey amateur hour?

Dave Lane 04-27-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 9636835)
I'm confused why we drafted that RB(minor reach) with our 3B if we were indeed targetting Barkley(as Philly's trade up would seem to indicate.)

Is Dorsey amateur hour?

You are given the FO way too much credit. Take a 7th round RB early just in case.

petegz28 04-27-2013 10:21 AM

Who gives a ****? I mean seriously....you guys are going to get bent over not taking a 4th round QB?

WhawhaWhat 04-27-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9636967)
Who gives a ****? I mean seriously....you guys are going to get bent over not taking a 4th round QB?

First day here?

BlackHelicopters 04-27-2013 10:37 AM

Barkley is way damaged.

InChiefsHeaven 04-27-2013 11:48 AM

NFLN reporting now that the Chiefs were GOING to take him in the 4th...

mlyonsd 04-27-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9637415)

Which is reeruned thinking on their part.

penbrook 04-27-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9637434)
Which is reeruned thinking on their part.

They werent gonna take him. Id they wanted him to just give up a 7th.

If we wanted him than expect a qb with our pick now.

tk13 04-27-2013 12:32 PM

I don't know what Chip Kelly is planning, but Barkley doesn't seem to be a perfect fit for the kind of things he usually likes to do.

gblowfish 04-27-2013 02:08 PM

Looks like Smith-Daniel-Stanzi is your QB trifecta.

At least we got rid of the Duke of Dink and Pretty Boy Golden Domer. They both suck out loud, and I have no idea why other teams would want them on the roster.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2013 02:15 PM

Passing on Barkley in the fourth would just cement the Commitment to Mediocrity.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 04-27-2013 02:37 PM

If it's true that we were gonna take Barkley with our fourth rounder, that right there is a microcosm of the fail that this draft.

That means we passed on him with the comp pick and Philly exposed it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2013 02:51 PM

Sorry CC; I would have been very happy to get him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2013 02:52 PM

Sorry CC; I would have been very happy to get him.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 04-27-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9637780)
If it's true that we were gonna take Barkley with our fourth rounder, that right there is a microcosm of the fail that this draft.

That means we passed on him with the comp pick and Philly exposed it.

This story is based on an Eagles exec who thinks he knows Andy Reid well enough and 10 team personnel guys who said they thought KC was a threat to take him (and by the way... they mentioned Oakland as a potentially bigger threat). Well, duh, you have a QB that falls to the third day and of course there will be teams that think one of the first teams at the top is going to want him.

notorious 04-27-2013 03:56 PM

Barkley isn't worth a shit.

Who gives a ****?

xztop123 04-27-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9637415)

Then Dorsey drafting the RB at 3b is inexcusable(as he would have slid to rd 4) and is a more flat out blunder than anything ***** did and possibly anything Carl did either.

jspchief 04-27-2013 03:58 PM

Barkley wasn't going to get taken by KC. This FO is committed to Alex Smith and Barkely would have been to big of a name to have on the bench if things start shaky.

xztop123 04-27-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9637966)
Barkley wasn't going to get taken by KC. This FO is committed to Alex Smith and Barkely would have been to big of a name to have on the bench if things start shaky.

Logically speaking it seems that they didn't want him by taking the RB who would have slid all the way to round 5 with our 3B with Barkley still on the board

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2013 04:14 PM

What an abortion.
Posted via Mobile Device

BryanBusby 04-27-2013 04:38 PM

Was just mentioned that the Chiefs never had any plans of taking Matt Barkley, which was pretty obvious when they bypassed him for a fragile fumbler at the end of the 3rd.

The decision was Nico all along.

Molitoth 04-27-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9638155)
Was just mentioned that the Chiefs never had any plans of taking Matt Barkley, which was pretty obvious when they bypassed him for a fragile fumbler at the end of the 3rd.

The decision was Nico all along.

Nico should've been taken in front of Knile.
Nico isn't a bad pick.

Every other pick was.

RealSNR 04-27-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9636967)

When you have no QB on the roster, anything looks great.

Bottom line is we could have used him. We really could have.

TEX 04-27-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9637505)
I don't know what Chip Kelly is planning, but Barkley doesn't seem to be a perfect fit for the kind of things he usually likes to do.

He knows Barkley well. He would not have drafted him if he couldn't fit him into his system.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9638650)
When you have no QB on the roster, anything looks great.

Bottom line is we could have used him. We really could have.

This. Hyperbole aside, our "depth" is pure shit, and no ****ing "QB Guru" is gonna' cleanse that stink.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mother****erJones 04-27-2013 09:28 PM

I'll take Bray over Barkley.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9639428)
I'll take Bray over Barkley.

LMAO You'll take jack-shit and like it apparantly...
Posted via Mobile Device

DaWolf 05-03-2013 09:14 AM

Interesting John Dorsey interview by Keitzman yesterday. He basically got Dorsey to come out and say that he felt that Knile Davis and Nico Johnson were going to be better NFL players than Barkley. Said that on his board they had Johnson and Barkley as equal players, and they ended up going with need in that spot. Said he has Barkley rated the same as he did last year (indicating that Barkley to him was always a fourth round prospect).

With that information in hand, it's going to be real interesting to see if Barkley proves him right or wrong...

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-03-2013 01:31 PM

Sweet lord...
Posted via Mobile Device

Rasputin 08-17-2013 08:51 AM

We should have picked this kid up in the second or third round. **** Alex Smith.

He looked pretty damn sharp with the Eagles not perfect but had sharp crisp throws and good decisions.

Yeah his shoulder injury of last year would have made him a risky pick but so the **** what? He looks like he can turn into a real stud.

Ace Gunner 08-17-2013 09:02 AM

Barkley is too slow in drop, has poor hip movement that forces him to reset his feet too often during progressions. he was pretty good in college, he'll get killed in the NFL.

Nico looks like a good LB at this level. He's gonna stick.

Rasputin 08-17-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9893641)
Barkley is too slow in drop, has poor hip movement that forces him to reset his feet too often during progressions. he was pretty good in college, he'll get killed in the NFL.

Nico looks like a good LB at this level. He's gonna stick.

Better option than Alex Smith with the second round pick.

Ace Gunner 08-17-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9893644)
Better option than Alex Smith with the second round pick.

lost his competition badge by week two against Foles & Vick.

he isn't even a better option than Bray, who I do not care for.

Rasputin 08-17-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9893658)

Vick has looked outstanding from what I saw him do against the Panthers. Haven't seen Foles play so no judgment can be made on him by me.

Was very impressed with Vick and I wouldn't say that normally. I think Chip Kelly is getting that offense humming and I'm kind of liking how I think it's going for them. I think the Eagles may have found a better coach than Andy Reid.

Rasputin 08-17-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9893658)

Also just because he loses out in competition during preseason his rookie year doesn't mean Matt Barkley wouldn't be a better option down the road when he improves his game. The idea is to improve and work hard to get better and keep at it.

Ace Gunner 08-17-2013 09:29 AM

I like Chip Kelly, smart guy. But Vick will turn the ball over and eventually Chip will go to Foles, once Foles gets up to speed. or Vick will get creamed and Chip will be forced to put Foles in.

I don't think any of the QB's in this year's class is worth a shit at this level. EJ is possibly the best of them and he's got a huge uphill to climb.

JMO. we shall see.

Rasputin 08-17-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9893689)
I like Chip Kelly, smart guy. But Vick will turn the ball over and eventually Chip will go to Foles, once Foles gets up to speed. or Vick will get creamed and Chip will be forced to put Foles in.

I don't think any of the QB's in this year's class is worth a shit at this level. EJ is possibly the best of them and he's got a huge uphill to climb.

JMO. we shall see.

They would have been better options than Alex Smith and we could have kept our 2nd or 3rd round pick next years draft to use and possibly look and take another quarterback if need be. We wouldn't have to be stuck just on this years draft class and we wouldn't be stuck with Alex ****ing Smith.

We could have had a quarterback competition with a pick this year and next years class.

tredadda 08-17-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9893699)
They would have been better options than Alex Smith and we could have kept our 2nd or 3rd round pick next years draft to use and possibly look and take another quarterback if need be. We wouldn't have to be stuck just on this years draft class and we wouldn't be stuck with Alex ****ing Smith.

We could have had a quarterback competition with a pick this year and next years class.

Because, you know, our fortunes depend on that particular pick. We are doomed because we don't have THAT pick which of course would have been a HOF player.

Rasputin 08-17-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893705)
Because, you know, our fortunes depend on that particular pick. We are doomed because we don't have THAT pick which of course would have been a HOF player.

I'm not saying anything about a HOF player WTF?? They have to prove themselves after they get drafted if they don't then you move on and try again.

Chris Meck 08-17-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

better options, really? So, if we'd have gone 1-15 with another year of historically inept QB play, an empty stadium, wasting another year of Charles, Bowe, Hali, DJ, Flowers, etc.'s careers-that would be a better option? Because at this point in time, not a single one of the drafted QB's look like anything other than dogshit.

This isn't Madden. You can't just tank a year on autoplay and try again next year.

Rasputin 08-17-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9893715)
better options, really? So, if we'd have gone 1-15 with another year of historically inept QB play, an empty stadium, wasting another year of Charles, Bowe, Hali, DJ, Flowers, etc.'s careers-that would be a better option? Because at this point in time, not a single one of the drafted QB's look like anything other than dogshit.

This isn't Madden. You can't just tank a year on autoplay and try again next year.

So is it any better to go 6-10 with Alex Smith?

Rasputin 08-17-2013 09:48 AM

All right we will see if Matt Barkley or EJ Manuel have better careers than Alex Smith.

tredadda 08-17-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9893712)
I'm not saying anything about a HOF player WTF?? They have to prove themselves after they get drafted if they don't then you move on and try again.

With the way draft picks are viewed here one is led to believe that each one will net us one. We essentially gave up a second rounder for Smith, yet with the whining going on an impartial observer would think we gave up a draft or two for him. Smith is most likely not the answer, but we did not give up that much for him.

If we are to use the lack of first round QB argument and hold it over the head of every GM we get, then we have to look at our 2nd round pick failures as well.

tredadda 08-17-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9893715)

Nor can you turn off the salary cap or make ridiculous trades.

Rasputin 08-17-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893731)
With the way draft picks are viewed here one is led to believe that each one will net us one. We essentially gave up a second rounder for Smith, yet with the whining going on an impartial observer would think we gave up a draft or two for him. Smith is most likely not the answer, but we did not give up that much for him.

If we are to use the lack of first round QB argument and hold it over the head of every GM we get, then we have to look at our 2nd round pick failures as well.

That second round pick can be used as currency to move up in the draft if needed. Also this is Dorsey chance at draft picks how was his second round picks for Green Bay look? Judge his history with picks that way.

tredadda 08-17-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9893720)
All right we will see if Matt Barkley or EJ Manuel have better careers than Alex Smith.

They might and they might not, it is all a crap shoot. Sure things bust and UDFAs make the Pro Bowl. Just to draft a QB that the team does not believe in just for the sake of doing it is foolish. And what if they had drafted a QB like Barkley or Nassib in RD1? Would you have been happy?

tredadda 08-17-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9893742)
That second round pick can be used as currency to move up in the draft if needed. Also this is Dorsey chance at draft picks how was his second round picks for Green Bay look? Judge his history with picks that way.

Fair enough, but then you can't hold our past GMs inability to draft a 1st round QB over the head of Dorsey.

Rasputin 08-17-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893746)
Fair enough, but then you can't hold our past GMs inability to draft a 1st round QB over the head of Dorsey.

For not drafting one yes I can. It's his job to better the team for long term and build a winner with.

Rasputin 08-17-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893743)
They might and they might not, it is all a crap shoot. Sure things bust and UDFAs make the Pro Bowl. Just to draft a QB that the team does not believe in just for the sake of doing it is foolish. And what if they had drafted a QB like Barkley or Nassib in RD1? Would you have been happy?

It's risky of course it's all a risk and no damn guarantee in the NFL. I know it's always a risk with every player but to do the same damn thing and expect different results is definition of CRAZY or INSANITY.

tredadda 08-17-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9893749)
For not drafting one yes I can. It's his job to better the team for long term and build a winner with.

His history says he will draft one in the first round, it has to be the right one. You are picking and choosing what you want to trust.

tredadda 08-17-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9893754)
It's risky of course it's all a risk and no damn guarantee in the NFL. I know it's always a risk with every player but to do the same damn thing and expect different results is definition of CRAZY or INSANITY.

You didn't answer my questions.

Rasputin 08-17-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893761)
You didn't answer my questions.

Yes I would have been happy with Matt Barkley I'm not going say yes to Nassib because I don't have much of an opinion on him haven't really seen him play so I'm not going judge him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

We don't do that here.

tredadda 08-17-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9893795)
Yes I would have been happy with Matt Barkley I'm not going say yes to Nassib because I don't have much of an opinion on him haven't really seen him play so I'm not going judge him.

You want a front office that builds winners and yet you want them to waste a #1 pick on a QB who ultimately went in Round 4 just for the sake of drafting one in Round 1? That would have set this team back farther trying to get him to pan out than passing on a QB this year. Had we passed on Luck or RGIII then that would have been a different story.

tredadda 08-17-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9893823)
We don't do that here.

We also don't make good decisions with our second round picks, so it is good we don't have one next year then.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893860)
We also don't make good decisions with our second round picks, so it is good we don't have one next year then.

I'd be inclined to give Dorsey a shot at improving our 2cnd round output over trading the house for Axl Smith, wouldn't you?

tredadda 08-17-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9893866)
I'd be inclined to give Dorsey a shot at improving our 2cnd round output over trading the house for Axl Smith, wouldn't you?

I would also be inclined to think that Dorsey will draft a QB in round 1 when he feels the value is right, wouldn't you?

Rasputin 08-17-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893857)
You want a front office that builds winners and yet you want them to waste a #1 pick on a QB who ultimately went in Round 4 just for the sake of drafting one in Round 1? That would have set this team back farther trying to get him to pan out than passing on a QB this year. Had we passed on Luck or RGIII then that would have been a different story.

> Eric Fisher

Rasputin 08-17-2013 10:56 AM

Matt Barkley was a first rounder up until his shoulder. Doesn't seem to be an issue with him now. He would have been taken in the first round last years draft with all the stud QBs in it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893870)
I would also be inclined to think that Dorsey will draft a QB in round 1 when he feels the value is right, wouldn't you?

Yes I do. As I've said before, I was more excited about Dorsey than Reid, and the man-love acquisition of Axl did nothing to change that. I trust Dorsey more than Peterson, Herm, or Marty in the end, though one can not really call that group the drafting gurus of our age.

Though whoever signed off on Danielsssss has me truly ****ing perplexed...

tredadda 08-17-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9893878)
Matt Barkley was a first rounder up until his shoulder. Doesn't seem to be an issue with him now. He would have been taken in the first round last years draft with all the stud QBs in it.

And he effectively played his way out of first round consideration as the season went on. His shoulder is not the only reason why he plummeted to round 4.

Rasputin 08-17-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893857)

I want the Chiefs to draft pick quarterbacks and develop them into winners so maybe we can win Championships down the road with.

tredadda 08-17-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9893880)
Yes I do. As I've said before, I was more excited about Dorsey than Reid, and the man-love acquisition of Axl did nothing to change that. I trust Dorsey more than Peterson, Herm, or Marty in the end, though one can not really call that group the drafting gurus of our age.

Though whoever signed off on Danielsssss has me truly ****ing perplexed...

Then why the freak outs when Dorsey passed on a QB in round 1 this year?

Setsuna 08-17-2013 10:59 AM

I have to say I may have been wrong about this guy. He looked good.

Rasputin 08-17-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893882)
And he effectively played his way out of first round consideration as the season went on. His shoulder is not the only reason why he plummeted to round 4.

Well my eyeballs told me he played pretty good against the Panthers so we shall see if he can progress from that and if turns out to be pretty good then we ****ed up by not taking him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893887)
Then why the freak outs when Dorsey passed on a QB in round 1 this year?

Because, and this is damned good point; we could have had just about ANY of those guys at any time. We could have had Barkley, Bray, AND Smith in this draft on the cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap.

Between the three of those guys, we could make one of them work.

Yes, I just advocated a 3 QB Draft/UDFA pickup for a team who's QB situation prior to the draft was THE WORST IN THE LEAGUE.

notorious 08-17-2013 11:08 AM

It would have been tragic to draft Manuel at one and keep Winston....

Horrific.

Setsuna 08-17-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9893919)

Horrific.

Preach it brother. Manuel was possibly the worst Bills pick I've ever seen.

Rasputin 08-17-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Horrific.

Why would we have to keep Winston? Can't say we couldn't find a better option during the offseason than Winston.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9893754)

Lil' Chiefy does not approve of this line of thought.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Horrific.

We can't have nice things.

tredadda 08-17-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9893894)
Because, and this is damned good point; we could have had just about ANY of those guys at any time. We could have had Barkley, Bray, AND Smith in this draft on the cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap.

Between the three of those guys, we could make one of them work.

Yes, I just advocated a 3 QB Draft/UDFA pickup for a team who's QB situation prior to the draft was THE WORST IN THE LEAGUE.

Now which GM out there does that? What successful organization does that? This draft was projected to have a weak QB class and you wanted to take 2-3 hoping one works out? That's 3-4 years of hoping in the meantime passing on another possible stud in a year or two because you want to give your guy more time. If there was a stud QB available I would have been all over us getting him. Hell I wanted to give up three first rounders or more the year prior for RGIII. I just do not think blowing multiple picks on project at best QBs (at this moment) is smart business.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9894342)
Now which GM out there does that? What successful organization does that? This draft was projected to have a weak QB class and you wanted to take 2-3 hoping one works out? That's 3-4 years of hoping in the meantime passing on another possible stud in a year or two because you want to give your guy more time. If there was a stud QB available I would have been all over us getting him. Hell I wanted to give up three first rounders or more the year prior for RGIII. I just do not think blowing multiple picks on project at best QBs (at this moment) is smart business.

Sweet's goddamned organization, that's who.

tredadda 08-17-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9894357)
Sweet's goddamned organization, that's who.

ROFL Fair enough.