ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Fountain Girl in the News Again (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278342)

gblowfish 11-05-2013 04:26 PM

Fountain Girl in the News Again

Fountain Lady' who was fired for Kauffman Stadium frolic is granted jobless pay

November 5
The Associated Press

DES MOINES, Iowa — Iowa has approved unemployment benefits for a Des Moines woman who was fired after her frolic in a stadium fountain at a Kansas City Royals baseball game.

Jessica McCoy, 25, was granted the benefits after a hearing last month, the Des Moines Register reported. She'd become an Internet sensation after her Aug. 5 antics were recorded at Kauffman Stadium. The YouTube video has been seen more than 147,000 times, and she's been dubbed "Fountain Lady" and "Fountain Mom."

She subsequently was fired by First American Bank in Beaverdale, a Des Moines suburb. Her manager said she violated company policy barring off-duty conduct that reflects poorly on the bank. She later filed for unemployment benefits.

Iowa administrative law judge Bonny Hendricksmeyer ruled in McCoy's favor. She said McCoy's "off-duty, on-vacation-in-another-state conduct, while certainly questionable on many levels, does not rise to the level of substantial, job-related misconduct sufficient to warrant a denial of unemployment benefits."

At the Oct. 22 hearing, McCoy said the incident was blown out of proportion and that she was under the influence of alcohol.

She has pleaded not guilty to charges of trespassing, resisting arrest and soliciting a police officer.

"I did not realize the gravity of the situation," McCoy said to a question about why she was in the fountain. "I did not realize I was going to get into that much trouble for it. And I just honestly can't answer that. . It just at the time seemed like a fun idea. I did not realize I would get into that much trouble. I did not hurt anyone or myself."

McCoy was in shorts and a Royals T-shirt when she climbed into the fountain in the lower level of the grandstand. Spectators cheered as she waded through the water while holding a drink. Security officials eventually took her into custody.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/11/05...#storylink=cpy

alpha_omega 11-05-2013 04:30 PM

Guess she hasn't been looking...or cant find a job since the middle of August.

Quote:

"I did not realize the gravity of the situation," McCoy said to a question about why she was in the fountain. "I did not realize I was going to get into that much trouble for it. And I just honestly can't answer that. . It just at the time seemed like a fun idea. I did not realize I would get into that much trouble.
I can see why the bank didn't want her anymore.

AndChiefs 11-05-2013 04:30 PM

Unsurprising. We had a lady we fired for stealing other employees lunches (among other things). State granted her unemployment benefits against our protest anyways.

listopencil 11-05-2013 04:31 PM

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2...xhV6.St.81.JPG

Pasta Little Brioni 11-05-2013 04:32 PM

That would suck to get canned for getting wasted in public ROFL

Strongside 11-05-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10163060)

The kid's face on the right in the front row of this photo is priceless.

CaliforniaChief 11-05-2013 04:33 PM

LMAO look at the little boy's face in the front row.

CaliforniaChief 11-05-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10163069)
The kid's face on the right in the front row of this photo is priceless.

Beat me to it bro!

Strongside 11-05-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 10163070)
LMAO look at the little boy's face in the front row.

Q'd by a millisecond.

sedated 11-05-2013 04:35 PM

Pretty dumb she got fired.

To all the people who did crazy shlt before the internet existed, be glad.

DaneMcCloud 11-05-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 10163054)

I can see why the bank didn't want her anymore.

Unless she signed an employment contract, she should sue them for wrongful termination.

HemiEd 11-05-2013 04:35 PM

I thought it was hilarious and it is none of the banks business what she was doing on her own time in a totally different state. If she was wearing a bank shirt or something identifying her with the bank, they would have some grounds. **** big banks.

CaliforniaChief 11-05-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10163079)
Unless she signed an employment contract, she should sue them for wrongful termination.

You damned leftist Californian.

Dayze 11-05-2013 04:37 PM

"crazy white bitch" / Black Guy

alpha_omega 11-05-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10163079)

Right...i wasn't saying that they were in the right (maybe or maybe not)...but i can definitely see why they wouldn't want her representing them anymore.