ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL NCAA BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK / BUBBLE WATCH THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242398)

Bearcat 03-14-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7489265)
It's not worth the extra $47 just to be able to watch 3-4 games.

That's what, a lunch for 2 at a Disney park? ;)

I haven't paid for cable in a few years, but I'm thinking about going back next Fall so I can get NHL Network, CBS College Sports, etc. Even then, I might just get basic cable plus a sports package. I'm with you though, I dropped it because I didn't need to pay $60/month to watch ESPN/2 and a few other channels. I'm happy to pay $1 to buy a song and would love to see TV evolve in the same way. Until then, I'm happy to watch shows on Hulu and games on espn3 (since I have TWC/Road Runner), justin.tv or veetle.

007 03-14-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 7489343)
Ok then, tap into a neighbors connection.

thats illegal.

Gotta love how people think that is even remotely an answer to the problem.

the problem is that everything is about how much money you have now. salaries are stagnant while all expenses keep escalating. People need to draw the line instead of just continuing to pay out the ass for everything because they can't live without it.

007 03-14-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 7489401)
That's what, a lunch for 2 at a Disney park? ;)

I haven't paid for cable in a few years, but I'm thinking about going back next Fall so I can get NHL Network, CBS College Sports, etc. Even then, I might just get basic cable plus a sports package. I'm with you though, I dropped it because I didn't need to pay $60/month to watch ESPN/2 and a few other channels. I'm happy to pay $1 to buy a song and would love to see TV evolve in the same way. Until then, I'm happy to watch shows on Hulu and games on espn3 (since I have TWC/Road Runner), justin.tv or veetle.

Nope. That is lunch for 5, but thanks for playing. My vacation is included as a justifiable expense in my budget. cable and internet are at the bottom of my list of priority expenses.

Mr. Plow 03-14-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7489422)
Nope. That is lunch for 5, but thanks for playing. My vacation is included as a justifiable expense in my budget. cable and internet are at the bottom of my list of priority expenses.

Speaking of Disney World, are you going during "Gay Days" again?

Chiefs Pantalones 03-14-2011 01:26 PM

I'm having a hard time with who to pick between Arizona and Memphis. Thoughts?

Buck 03-14-2011 01:34 PM

Arizona.

DMAC 03-14-2011 01:36 PM

Memphis.

Mr. Plow 03-14-2011 01:50 PM

Arizemphis.

Buck 03-14-2011 01:51 PM

The best team in the Pac 10 is better than the 2nd best team in the CUSA.

Saulbadguy 03-14-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7489411)
the problem is that everything is about how much money you have now. salaries are stagnant while all expenses keep escalating. People need to draw the line instead of just continuing to pay out the ass for everything because they can't live without it.

The CEO is responsible to the shareholders to maximize profits. If you are not growing, your business is failing.

Of course, something eventually has to give.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-14-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7489609)
The best team in the Pac 10 is better than the 2nd best team in the CUSA.

The best team in the Pac10 is playing a scrub team from the SEC.

Brock 03-14-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7489411)
thats illegal.

Gotta love how people think that is even remotely an answer to the problem.

If enough people do what you've apparently decided to do, things will change.

Buck 03-14-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 7489657)
The best team in the Pac10 is playing a scrub team from the SEC.

Wasn't it a few days ago when you were doubting that UW would even make the tourney?

Mr. Flopnuts 03-14-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7489671)
Wasn't it a few days ago when you were doubting that UW would even make the tourney?

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH LEST YOU GET DEALT WIT IN THE FINAL 4.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-14-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7489671)

Seriously though, yeah. They totally fell apart down the stretch, but they were preseason top 15, and they started off great. They came alive during the Pac 10 tourney, I'm confident. I actually think we're gonna shock the world and upset UNC. We match up very well with them.