ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Self-Destruct In 60 Minutes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236479)

FAX 11-07-2010 07:36 PM

Self-Destruct In 60 Minutes

If ever there was a game where you could say we beat ourselves, this was the one.

We left at least 13 points on the board in the first half ... maybe 20 ... maybe more. Cassel's taking sacks again. He has happy feet again, too. Honestly, he should have been on Dancing With The Stars tonight instead of an NFL broadcast. He had me going after the Bills game, but I've lost faith again.

The players did all the things we know we can't afford to do. We committed far too many penalties and turned the ball over needlessly (thanks, Cassel).

The coaches called a very questionable game. We abandon the run game against one of the worst run defenses in the league. They were stacking the box, but we could run the edges ... we just didn't stay with it. The defense had the Raiders' number early on then ate the note they wrote it on.

Offensively, we cannot sustain drives ... let alone scoring drives (thanks, Cassel). Defensively, we're very inconsistent (to be expected with a young secondary, though).

We are what our record says we are. However, I can't imagine that Haley is at all pleased with this performance. He likes to believe that we learn something and get better every day. But, we didn't learn a damn thing today except how to give away a ball game and I thought we'd already been taught that lesson.

Terrible, terrible loss. Needless and wasteful.

FAX THE SAD

Deberg_1990 11-07-2010 07:37 PM

Obama on 60 minutes tonight! Off to DC in 1...2...3....

KChiefs1 11-07-2010 07:43 PM

Is this thread about Obama on 60 Minutes?

chris 11-07-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 7156592)
If ever there was a game where you could say we beat ourselves, this was the one.

We left at least 13 points on the board in the first half ... maybe 20 ... maybe more. Cassel's taking sacks again. He has happy feet again, too. Honestly, he should have been on Dancing With The Stars tonight instead of an NFL broadcast. He had me going after the Bills game, but I've lost faith again.

The players did all the things we know we can't afford to do. We committed far too many penalties and turned the ball over needlessly (thanks, Cassel).

The coaches called a very questionable game. We abandon the run game against one of the worst run defenses in the league. They were stacking the box, but we could run the edges ... we just didn't stay with it. The defense had the Raiders' number early on then ate the note they wrote it on.

Offensively, we cannot sustain drives ... let alone scoring drives (thanks, Cassel). Defensively, we're very inconsistent (to be expected with a young secondary, though).

We are what our record says we are. However, I can't imagine that Haley is at all pleased with this performance. He likes to believe that we learn something and get better every day. But, we didn't learn a damn thing today except how to give away a ball game and I thought we'd already been taught that lesson.

Terrible, terrible loss. Needless and wasteful.

FAX THE SAD

You have a fixation with Cassel. Was he on the ST that allowed the touchdown? Or on the defense that enables OAK to move down the field for the winning FG? Or caused the FS that moved KC back 10 yards so that we punted instead of field goal.

All phases broke down. Team loss.

DaneMcCloud 11-07-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 7156673)
You have a fixation with Cassel. Was he on the ST that allowed the touchdown? Or on the defense that enables OAK to move down the field for the winning FG? Or caused the FS that moved KC back 10 yards so that we punted instead of field goal.

Chris, you're ****ing dumb.

Once again, when the Chiefs needed a first down with 3:00 minutes left to wrap up the game, Cassel shit himself.

He's the highest paid player on the team but unfortunately, he plays like a backup QB.

Waters looked like 2009 Waters, Bowe dropped easy balls and the special teams had an epic meltdown. The running game sucked because Lilja was playing one handed and Waters licked ass.

But once again, when the Chiefs had a chance to wrap it up, Cassel couldn't deliver.

Go **** yourself, Chris.

kstater 11-07-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7156701)

Once again, when the Chiefs needed a first down with 3:00 minutes left to wrap up the game, Cassel shit himself.

Wait what? Didn't he hit Bowe in the ****ing chest?

BigCatDaddy 11-07-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7156721)

Yeah, Bowe had a chance to make Cassell look a little better a few times this year and choked on it. The one today, the TD in New England, and the one against the Bills in the end zone come to mind.

I think he can be a good piece of the WR core, but not your go to guy.

chris 11-07-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7156701)
Chris, you're ****ing dumb.

He's the highest paid player on the team but unfortunately, he plays like a backup QB.

Waters looked like 2009 Waters, Bowe dropped easy balls and the special teams had an epic meltdown. The running game sucked because Lilja was playing one handed and Waters licked ass.

But once again, when the Chiefs had a chance to wrap it up, Cassel couldn't deliver.

Go **** yourself, Chris.

Sometimes your ranting get old. You are a little proud of yourself aren't you?

Cassel wasn't the sole reason we lost. He played enough to win.

DaneMcCloud 11-07-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 7156758)
Sometimes your ranting get old. You are a little proud of yourself aren't you?

Cassel wasn't the sole reason we lost. He played enough to win.

You're ****ing dumb.

And Cassel did NOT play "well enough" for the Chiefs to win because they lost, Dumbshit.

chris 11-07-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7156769)
You're ****ing dumb.

And Cassel did NOT play "well enough" for the Chiefs to win because they lost, Dumbshit.

Let me use small words...it was a TEAM loss. Cassel was not the sole reason.

You really need to get laid. :) Or sober up.

FAX 11-07-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 7156673)

We failed in almost every phase of the game ... you're right about that. As for my "fixation" with Cassel, I want to see him close out a game, you know? I want to see the quarterback of my team take charge on one of those drives and either get us the score (without the need for an enemy mistake) or run out the clock - depending on the situation. I simply want to see him play well enough to close out a game in our favor. That's all.

FAX

SenselessChiefsFan 11-07-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument.

Hammock Parties 11-07-2010 08:08 PM

Cassel played his best game of the season and it still wasn't good enough.

Mostly because our running game didn't show up and neither did the defense or special teams.

That's the Kobayashi Maru scenario for Cassel. Unwinnable.

DaneMcCloud 11-07-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 7156800)
Let me use small words...it was a TEAM loss. Cassel was not the sole reason.

You really need to get laid. :) Or sober up.

Just shut the **** up.

You need to man up and turn on your rep, you ****ing pussy.

FAX 11-07-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Are you talking about the 3rd down in regulation, Mr. kstater? The one when we were still ahead and could have iced the game with a first down?

I must not have seen that play very well. I don't recall that one hitting Da Wayne in the chest ... I thought he had to go low ... more or less dive and it went through his hands ...

Then again, maybe I have that one mixed up with another play. I was having heart palpitations throughout most of the game. Looking back, it's all kind of a blur.

FAX