ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Odd Thomas (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270681)

KurtCobain 03-03-2013 01:10 PM

Odd Thomas

Did you guys know this is becoming a movie? I must love under a rock because I had no idea, but I guess it's been in the works for a while and its set to come out next month!

The original Odd Thomas book probably still hold up is 1 of my favorite books of all time. I'm stoked for the movie. I hope it's done well.

Anybody else excited?

KurtCobain 03-03-2013 01:22 PM

To ruin my day, looks like I must've read a bogus source and it might not be coming out next month. conflicting reports all over the place on the Internet...

Bowser 03-03-2013 03:23 PM

The first Odd Thomas story was pretty cool, but I lost interest in the series after the third book.

Koontz is losing his appeal for me. I'm struggling to finish 77 Shadow Street right now. It's crap, and I'm not entirely sure why I've decided to finish it.

Red Brooklyn 03-03-2013 03:46 PM

The book was fine. Didn't do much for me. But it killed a few hours.

I did know it was a movie. Starring Anton Yelchin and Willem Dafoe, I believe. Looking forward to seeing a trailer. Could be a rare example of movie being better than book, I think.

KurtCobain 03-03-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9460718)
The first Odd Thomas story was pretty cool, but I lost interest in the series after the third book.

Koontz is losing his appeal for me. I'm struggling to finish 77 Shadow Street right now. It's crap, and I'm not entirely sure why I've decided to finish it.

I didn't like any of the sequels

chiefs1111 03-03-2013 04:18 PM

i just ordered the new book. First book was best for sure. I liked the first couple books of his Frankenstein series as well but that went down hill starting with the 3rd book.

Lex Luthor 03-03-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1111 (Post 9460899)
i just ordered the new book. First book was best for sure. I liked the first couple books of his Frankenstein series as well but that went down hill starting with the 3rd book.

I loved the entire Frankenstein series as well as a lot of his earlier books such as Lightning, Watchers, Twilight Eyes and Cold Fire, but I too have become somewhat bored with Koontz. His writing used to be crisp and concise; now it seems like he gets paid by the word and he goes out of his way to be overly descriptive and wordy.

chiefs1111 03-03-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9460960)
I loved the entire Frankenstein series as well as a lot of his earlier books such as Lightning, Watchers, Twilight Eyes and Cold Fire, but I too have become somewhat bored with Koontz. His writing used to be crisp and concise; now it seems like he gets paid by the word and he goes out of his way to be overly descriptive and wordy.

Just saw on his website that they are making a Frankenstein series for TNT.

Lex Luthor 03-03-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1111 (Post 9461176)
Just saw on his website that they are making a Frankenstein series for TNT.

That's awesome! I'd read about the failed attempt to do that with the USA network in 2004, and I assumed this would never happen.

That series actually inspired me to read the original Frankenstein novel by Mary Shelley. That book is surprisingly good.

chiefs1111 02-28-2014 10:20 PM

Just rented this off of Amazon Prime. Much better then I thought it would be.

Mother****erJones 03-01-2014 12:10 AM

This was a cool movie. Enjoyed it.