ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Do You Have Any Expectations This Week? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265022)

HemiEd 10-12-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9005380)
Pete Beathard from USC in 1964, drafted in the first round of AFL draft. He was Dawson's back up.

We've had other QBs that were other teams first round picks as well:

Cotton Davidson - Baltimore
Len Dawson - Pittsburgh
Jacky Lee - Houston

Brady Quinn is the 7th "First Round QB" to start a game for KC.

I forgot Beathard, thanks. I started following the team in 1969, so that makes sense.
I was referring to the Chiefs actual 1st round picks, as Lenny is the star of the other teams picks, for sure, no doubt.
So in 52 years there has been three, right? Beathard, Fuller and Blackledge? Zero in the last 30.

Dragonocho 10-12-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9005340)
Am I the only one who remembers Berry not being that great in coverage his rookie year also???

I don't think it's a knee thing.

I agree. In the playoff game Todd Heap OWNED Eric Berry.
Speed doesn't fix the size discrepancy. The non-replacement refs seem to be on to his defensive holding to scale the wall that is the TE's back to fend off passes too.
Romeo should use him as a centerfielder but 4-5 WR/TE/FB sets are killing that option, forcing him into coverage against the TE with the predictable result of 3-4 receptions or PI per pass defended.

pr_capone 10-12-2012 01:13 PM

I think we are going to see Brady Quinn play well. I think his teammates are going to step up for him. He is gonna take a few unnecessary sacks but he hasn't played a whole game since 2009. I expect to see a few bad decisions made but his superior accuracy and arm outweigh the bad decisions.

14/23 - 61% completion percentage
212 yards passing
14 yards rushing
1 TD - 1 INT

Rain Man 10-12-2012 02:03 PM

My take is similar to pr_capone's. I think he'll play well, in part because there's no film on him yet. I also think the team is going to rally around him hard. If they were losing faith in Cassel, they're going to want Quinn to look good. I think we win going away.

L.A. Chieffan 10-12-2012 02:05 PM

Quinn will light it up 300-350 3TDs and one dropped Bowe pass for an INT.

Im expecting Breaston and Moeaki to go off.

31-10 KC

gblowfish 10-12-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9005439)
I forgot Beathard, thanks. I started following the team in 1969, so that makes sense.
I was referring to the Chiefs actual 1st round picks, as Lenny is the star of the other teams picks, for sure, no doubt.
So in 52 years there has been three, right? Beathard, Fuller and Blackledge? Zero in the last 30.

Yep.

Todd Sackledge was the last big dive into the QB pool. We had a shot at everybody but Elway in 1983. We passed on Kelly, Eason, O'Brien, and ...this one really hurts... Marino.

Imagine if we had Marino all those years going head to head with Elway. Bet we would have made the Donks taste some of the pain they laid on us.

HemiEd 10-12-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9005943)
Yep.

Todd Sackledge was the last big dive into the QB pool. We had a shot at everybody but Elway in 1983. We passed on Kelly, Eason, O'Brien, and ...this one really hurts... Marino.

Imagine if we had Marino all those years going head to head with Elway. Bet we would have made the Donks taste some of the pain they laid on us.

Yeah, the Marino and Kelly ones both really hurt. Didn't Shula float "pot" rumors about Marino so he would drop?

gblowfish 10-12-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9005960)
Yeah, the Marino and Kelly ones both really hurt. Didn't Shula float "pot" rumors about Marino so he would drop?

The story I remember on personal workouts was this.

Blackledge was a big God Squadder type, big FCA Jesus kinda guy, like Mackovic and Bill Kenney. Remember, Blackledge was the tits that year coming out of college. Everyone thought Elway and Blackledge were the cream of the crop.

They brought Marino in for a workout at Arrowhead with a couple of the Chiefs receivers. Marino had a cannon. When the receivers dropped a pass, Marino would glare and curse at them. The God Squad didn't like that. So they picked Todd because he was "nicer."

And thus is history.

Bugeater 10-12-2012 04:08 PM

I didn't have any expectations going into the season.

HemiEd 10-12-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9005970)
The story I remember on personal workouts was this.

Blackledge was a big God Squadder type, big FCA Jesus kinda guy, like Mackovic and Bill Kenney. Remember, Blackledge was the tits that year coming out of college. Everyone thought Elway and Blackledge were the cream of the crop.

They brought Marino in for a workout at Arrowhead with a couple of the Chiefs receivers. Marino had a cannon. When the receivers dropped a pass, Marino would glare and curse at them. The God Squad didn't like that. So they picked Todd because he was "nicer."

And thus is history.

Thanks George, that is more info than I had known about living in Doodah.

The Iron Chief 10-12-2012 04:38 PM

My expectations? Hmmm...

Quinn 30/40, 350 - 400 yrds, no INTs, no fumbles and 4 TDs.
JC 135 yrds 1 TD no fumbles.
Ryan Succop takes the day off setting up a lounge chair and umbrella on the sideline.
Chiefs D shows up its a blow out.

Chiefs win 35 - 6

Quinn ends up on the cover of SI a pic of him passing deep to Bowe with the Caption of "Hail To The Chief"

Ok Ok maybe my expectations are a weee bit too high. :)

Pasta Little Brioni 10-12-2012 04:44 PM

Sounds like you smoked a bowl and fired up Madden to me

bricks 10-12-2012 04:55 PM

Do I have expectations?

Yes I do. I expect them to compete. I think the team will be a lot different without Cassel in there.

Frazod 10-12-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9006114)
Do I have expectations?

Yes I do. I expect them to compete. I think the team will be a lot different without Cassel in there.

This. Should be much easier to swim without that anchor chained their necks.

The Iron Chief 10-12-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9006067)
Sounds like you smoked a bowl and fired up Madden to me

You kidding... it took more than just "A bowl"(one) to get my expectations that High ;)