ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Hey chiefs fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270927)

tooge 03-09-2013 12:37 AM

Hey chiefs fans

Fans of the Kansas City Chiefs. It's been a long time and alot of bad decisions and bad breaks. 18 Years really, since the Chiefs were relevant.

I know you all forgot, it's been soooo long. Guess what? This is how a young, smart, hungry GM and head coach go about improving the product on the field now, and setting the franchise up for Yeats of success in the future.

These guys are movers and shakers. They are doing what it takes, not only to win now, but it's going to be evident by the end of FA and the draft, that the future is being planned as well.

So, this is how it is done. You can save this post and call me out in five years if you wish, but I'm pretty sure we've finally got a leadership team we can count on.

Fritz88 03-09-2013 12:37 AM

Kiss me now.

AussieChiefsFan 03-09-2013 12:38 AM

Despite Alex Smith. It's difficult not to get a little excited.

In58men 03-09-2013 12:38 AM

Alex Smith is not a "how it's done" type of QB.

KurtCobain 03-09-2013 12:38 AM

I know this is how it's ****ing done. let's go Kansas ****ing city ****ing chiefs! We got this shit.

MoreLemonPledge 03-09-2013 12:38 AM

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/i...89116e18/l.jpg

KurtCobain 03-09-2013 12:39 AM

and I'm not being sarcastic or funny at all, reid and Dorsey are killing it. badass

Cephalic Trauma 03-09-2013 12:40 AM

Thanks for sharing:shrug:

pr_capone 03-09-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9478925)
Despite Alex Smith. It's difficult not to get a little excited.

THIS

My renewing of tickets still requires the team to draft a QBotF but I'm looking forward to see what this team does next season.

pr_capone 03-09-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 9478929)
Nick Athan's horseshit magazine

GET THAT BULLSHIT OUT OF CP

B14ckmon 03-09-2013 12:43 AM

I'm only here cus I thought the Chiefs would take Geno :(

MoreLemonPledge 03-09-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9478955)

Well....bye.

RealSNR 03-09-2013 12:43 AM

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/p...png?1306779764

KurtCobain 03-09-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9478927)

neither is your face

griZZly64 03-09-2013 12:44 AM

even if they do end up failing, i prefer to see our team making moves in an attempt to improve. Previously it did not feel as if our team was aggressively trying to win. Taking chances or making a big splash is always the way to go. Some times you'll swing n whiff big time, but if you stay consistent and continue to swing.. something good is bound to happen.

tooge 03-09-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9478927)

I'm or a big ASmith fan either, but this group realizes that we didn't have a QB on the roster capable of winning in the NFL. So, they went and got one.

This, of course, was just the start. Wait till FA is done. I'll bet we have a guard and DE also. We signed a stopgap corner, we'll draft another.

I'm lovin this FO.

I like Geno Smith. Maybe we get him, who knows. I do know this, this FO has a plan and is executing it quickly. Gotta love that!

O.city 03-09-2013 12:45 AM

Yes excited. Even with Alex smith they won't go all crony like pioli and cassel. They'll constantly look for the next guy

Cephalic Trauma 03-09-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by something cooler (Post 9478933)
and I'm not being sarcastic or funny at all, reid and Dorsey are killing it. badass

How exactly?

The only guy they've brought in that wasn't on this team was dunta mother ****ing robinson.

No, they are not killing it.

Edit: And Alex Smith.

Either you guys have the lowest standards ever, or you just need something to be excited about.

tooge 03-09-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9478965)
Yes excited. Even with Alex smith they won't go all crony like ***** and cassel. They'll constantly look for the next guy

My point exactly. They see a hole in the roster and they fill it with the best guy available at the time.

KurtCobain 03-09-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9478971)
How exactly?

The only guy they've brought in that wasn't on this team was dunta mother ****ing robinson.

And alex Smith... not much more they can do because it's not even the new league year yet dumbass

Mother****erJones 03-09-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9478955)

Peace!nlm

B14ckmon 03-09-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9478979)
Peace!nlm

Who said I was leaving out nig nog? Too many fellow Iowans for me to do that.

tooge 03-09-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9478971)
How exactly?

Huh?

They signed Bowe. They franchised Albert. They signed Colquit. They signed Alex Smith. They signed Robinson.

Don't you see what they are doing? They are essentially signing the best guys available at positions of need. They will do the same in the draft after free agency is over and they know what holes they have.

Cephalic Trauma 03-09-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by something cooler (Post 9478978)
And alex Smith... not much more they can do because it's not even the new league year yet dumbass

So they can't do much more, and yet they are killing it.

In your mind, a brokedick CB and Alice Smith means a team that was 2-14 last year is killing it. Got it.

STFU

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-09-2013 12:54 AM

I know the idea of adding new players is exciting, but people were jacked when they signed Shawn Barber, Holliday, and McPassOn as well. Same with Kendrell Bell.

It's very, very rare for free agents to make an impact on their new teams commensurate with the size of their contracts.

tooge 03-09-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9478989)

In your mind, a brokedick CB and Alice Smith means a team that was 2-14 last year is killing it. Got it.

STFU

Dude, the league year hasn't even started yet. These guys have a philosophy and so far, I like it.

KurtCobain 03-09-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9478989)

STFU

No, dumbass. they are killing it IMO for resigning a couple of my favorite players back to the team, and for publicly trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. reports are theyre out there and theyre active and I love it

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 12:57 AM

That is IT! I'll NEVER let you clean my teeth!

(seriously, how weird would that be anyway? :D)

tooge 03-09-2013 12:58 AM

Mods, can we change the name of the lounge to Debbie Downer lounge please. FFS.

BossChief 03-09-2013 12:58 AM

So far I'm split 50-50

They got raped on the Smith trade
Robinson was done last year and isn't gonna find the fountain of youth
Paying Bowe and Colquit at the level their play dictates is encouraging
Franchising Albert was good and it keeps rolling that they are trying to extend him long term on ESPN
They have trimmed a lot of fat off this roster

I'm anxious to see the direction they go in the draft.

tooge 03-09-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9479005)
That is IT! I'll NEVER let you clean my teeth!

(seriously, how weird would that be anyway? :D)

C'mon man. I have chicks that do that shit for me. And I'll make them give you a free one when you come in town! Heh.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-09-2013 12:59 AM

Rah! Rah! Rah! Eat **** Pie.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9479012)
C'mon man. I have chicks that do that shit for me. And I'll make them give you a free one when you come in town! Heh.

As long as there's no anesthesia involved.

I'm a married man and don't trust hot chicks in nurses uniforms when I'm asleep.

Cephalic Trauma 03-09-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9479001)
Dude, the league year hasn't even started yet. These guys have a philosophy and so far, I like it.

If you have to qualify it with "the league year hasn't started yet", then reserve judgement.

Further, Alex Smith for a 2nd+ and Dunta Robinson who sucked last year is nauseating.

This team was 2-14, and we are giving up picks for cast-offs.

Mother ****ing killing it!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-09-2013 01:02 AM

So far, the best thing about this regime is that it doesn't look to a Diaper Genie bag full of fermenting, Parcells Tree shit diapers for all of its personnel moves.

Someone will write a book years from now that analyzes how Scott ***** was able to con his way into a general manager's job. It makes the Madoff scam look like a crackhead selling magazines.

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9479021)
If you have to qualify it with "the league year hasn't started yet", then reserve judgement.

Further, Alex Smith for a 2nd+ and Dunta Robinson who sucked last year is nauseating.

This team was 2-14, and we are giving up picks for cast-offs.

Mother ****ing killing it!!!

The Chiefs gave up draft choices for Dunta?

tooge 03-09-2013 01:04 AM

It's very important to me that you don't wake up with your pants unbuttoned. That I can guarantee. Nothing more.

I've had a bottle of wine dammit, I'm goin to bed.

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9479022)
So far, the best thing about this regime is that it doesn't look to a Diaper Genie bag full of fermenting, Parcells Tree shit diapers for all of its personnel moves.

Someone will write a book years from now that analyzes how Scott ***** was able to con his way into a general manager's job. It makes the Madoff scam look like a crackhead selling magazines.

The best thing about this offseason is that in less than two months, the front office has retained the services of its best players who were scheduled for free agency, they've been aggressive in terms of filling huge, gaping holes, and they appear to be leaving no stone unturned when it comes to filling every hole on this roster.

I expect the Free Agency period to be even more frenetic and the draft to be even more crazy. Will it work? No idea. But it's better than sitting on their collective asses, which is exactly what happened from 2009-2012.

Regardless of Alex Smith and Tyson Jackson and Dunta Robinson, I'm excited to see where this team is heading, which is something I haven't been able to truthfully say, in decades.

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9479028)
It's very important to me that you don't wake up with your pants unbuttoned. That I can guarantee. Nothing more.

I've had a bottle of wine dammit, I'm goin to bed.

LMAO

'Night, Dude

Cephalic Trauma 03-09-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by something cooler (Post 9479004)
No, dumbass. they are killing it IMO for resigning a couple of my favorite players back to the team, and for publicly trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. reports are theyre out there and theyre active and I love it

Giving up a valuable pick(s) for Alex Smith is inexcusable.

And signing one of the worst CBs statistically last year is nothing special.

I'm glad they kept Bowe and Albert, but the other moves can be filed under the WTF/Meh categories, respectively.

Cephalic Trauma 03-09-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9479025)
The Chiefs gave up draft choices for Dunta?

Quit nit-picking and make a point.

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9479036)
Giving up a valuable pick(s) for Alex Smith is inexcusable.

And signing one of the worst CBs statistically last year is nothing special.

I'm glad they kept Bowe and Albert, but the other moves can be filed under the WTF/Meh categories, respectively.

William Bartee, Eddie Freeman, Junior Siavii, Patrick Surtain, Bernie Pollard, Brandon Flowers, Matt Cassel, Javier Arenas, Rodney Hudson, Jeff Allen.

The Chiefs second round picks since 2000.

Oh, the horror of losing a second round pick. How will they survive it?

Sorter 03-09-2013 01:11 AM

Hey man, you back right off of Rodney. He should have taken over the LG spot permanently after the NE game.

:)

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-09-2013 01:11 AM

The Chiefs are also a god awful franchise. I have a feeling that the Ravens, Giants, and 49ers of late have made better use of said picks.

KurtCobain 03-09-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9479046)
William Bartee, Eddie Freeman, Junior Siavii, Patrick Surtain, Bernie Pollard, Brandon Flowers, Matt Cassel, Javier Arenas, Rodney Hudson, Jeff Allen.

You forgot mcwelker.

Cephalic Trauma 03-09-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

William Bartee, Eddie Freeman, Junior Siavii, Patrick Surtain, Bernie Pollard, Brandon Flowers, Javier Arenas, Rodney Hudson, Jeff Allen.

Comparing the current regime to the previous extremely incompetent regimes?

That's refreshing.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-09-2013 01:14 AM

Courtney Upshaw, Osemele, Ray Rice, Terrance Cody, Sergio Kindle, Paul Kruger--2nd rounders of the Ravens from 2008-2012.

Cephalic Trauma 03-09-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9479051)
The Chiefs are also a god awful franchise. I have a feeling that the Ravens, Giants, and 49ers of late have made better use of said picks.

Which is what I'm hoping this regime can bring to KC. But saying they are doing well so far is premature and utterly dumb.

Most good teams build through the draft. That is much harder to do when you give up your 2nd for a game managing QB.

Hammock Parties 03-09-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Was this a serious argument?

If you do your job you get Brandon Flowers in the 2nd.

If you don't you get nothing and then Dane McCloud sets up straw man arguments on Chiefsplanet.

We're going to look back on this trade in 4 years and think "it was great that we got Alex Smith and won nothing when player X could have been a long-term starter for us."

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9479055)
Comparing the current regime to the previous extremely incompetent regimes?

That's refreshing.

LMAO

Comparing Alex Smith to Matt Cassel isn't?

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9479065)
Was this a serious argument?

If you do your job you get Brandon Flowers in the 2nd.

If you don't you get nothing and then Dane McCloud sets up straw man arguments on Chiefsplanet.

We're going to look back on this trade in 4 years and think "it was great that we got Alex Smith and won nothing when player X could have been a long-term starter for us."

No, no, NO!

If you ****tards can tell us that Alex Smith=Matt Cassel, then I have every ****ing right to display the Chiefs last 10 second rounders.

See how that works, ****boy?

Sorter 03-09-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9479063)
Courtney Upshaw, Osemele, Ray Rice, Terrance Cody, Sergio Kindle, Paul Kruger--2nd rounders of the Ravens from 2008-2012.

Didn't Clark pick Pioli over DeCosta?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7qvh0HmjW1r63r28.gif

KurtCobain 03-09-2013 01:17 AM

With that logic, you can pretty much compare anything shitty to anything else that's shitty.

Cephalic Trauma 03-09-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9479066)
LMAO

Comparing Alex Smith to Matt Cassel isn't?

Do you need an elite QB to win in this league?

Is Alex elite?

Answer those two questions, then tell me the Alex Smith trade was a good one.

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9479076)

Is Alex elite?

Nice. Moving the bedpans.

I hope you don't treat your patients with the same bedside manner of deflecting questions and arguments.

Cephalic Trauma 03-09-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by something cooler (Post 9479073)
With that logic, you can pretty much compare anything shitty to anything else that's shitty.

No shit. My point exactly. That's why Dane's point was stupid as ****

el borracho 03-09-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9478921)
rah, rah, rah!

So, this is how it is done. rah, rah, rah!

Yep, this is how you get to 8-8.

RunKC 03-09-2013 01:19 AM

I'll wait until after FA and the draft to see how they did for the offseason. They've done a good job so far though.

The only thing I'm worried about is Reid going all out in FA like he did in Philly, which really bit him in the ass. It's been proven over and and over and again winning SB's requires you to build through the draft, not FA.

Sorter 03-09-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9479076)

Is Alex elite?

Alex Smith doesn't need to be an elite QB for this trade to be beneficial.

For example, if KC took Geno/Barkley at 1.1 and Smith didn't play at an elite level but served as an effective mentor and helped them progress faster/better, would you still think the trade wasn't a good one?

Cephalic Trauma 03-09-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9479079)
Nice. Moving the bedpans.

I hope you don't treat your patients with the same bedside manner of deflecting questions and arguments.

Okay, fine I'll answer yours.

Alex Smith is better than Cassel, but it will not translate into dramatically better play at the QB position that this franchise needs.

Now answer mine.

Mother****erJones 03-09-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9479071)
Didn't Clark pick ***** over DeCosta?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7qvh0HmjW1r63r28.gif

Im not so sure, DeCosta had been turning teams down.

Sorter 03-09-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9479087)
Im not so sure, DeCosta had been turning teams down.

I know he has recently but I can't recall if he did in 08.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-09-2013 01:22 AM

DeCosta has been the heir apparent in Baltimore for a long time, and given the structure of that organization, I wouldn't want to leave either.

Cephalic Trauma 03-09-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9479085)
Alex Smith doesn't need to be an elite QB for this trade to be beneficial.

For example, if KC took Geno/Barkley at 1.1 and Smith didn't play at an elite level but served as an effective mentor and helped them progress faster/better, would you still think the trade wasn't a good one?

Yes, because we used a second round pick (plus!) to get a mentor. If you want to build through the draft, you don't trade a second for a QB who will start 1-2 seasons.

Sorter 03-09-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9479090)
DeCosta has been the heir apparent in Baltimore for a long time, and given the structure of that organization, I wouldn't want to leave either.

If I were an owner, I'd have thrown ridiculous amounts of money and hookers and cars and exotic pets and boats and whatever he wanted.

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9479086)
Okay, fine I'll answer yours.

Alex Smith is better than Cassel, but it will not translate into dramatically better play at the QB position that this franchise needs.

Now answer mine.

That wasn't my question, nor was it my point.

Wow. And you call yourself a medical resident.

tooge 03-09-2013 01:26 AM

Ok, I've got insomnia.

Please answer this question. Is the FO not doing everything POSSIBLE TO THIS POINT in the season to better the team?

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9479094)
If I were an owner, I'd have thrown ridiculous amounts of money and hookers and cars and exotic pets and boats and whatever he wanted.

You know, I agreed with this sentiment in 2009. But four years later, I wonder about his competitive spirit and competence.

I'm not stating that he's a failure or will fail without Ozzie but at some point, you have to question a guy that's content with being #2.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-09-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9479094)

That's pretty much what Clark did with Pioli. I personally believe that in order for a hire to work out the employee has to be competent and happy and hungry to be there. If DeCosta didn't want to leave, as much as I respect his football acumen, I probably wouldn't give him the Ted DiBiase treatment.

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9479096)
Ok, I've got insomnia.

Please answer this question. Is the FO not doing everything POSSIBLE TO THIS POINT in the season to better the team?

They haven't traded for Aaron Rodgers or Eli Manning or Colin Kaepernick or Andrew Luck yet, so the answer is no.

Walrus 03-09-2013 01:29 AM

Smith alone makes this team 8-8 or 9-7, but after the draft when we improve we will be an 10-6 or 11-5 playoff team. :thumb:

Go Chiefs. :wayne:

Cephalic Trauma 03-09-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9479095)
That wasn't my question, nor was it my point.

Wow. And you call yourself a medical resident.

I don't call myself anything. I'm a medical student and not understanding your broken logic doesn't change that.

Now, answer these questions:

Elite QB to win: yes or no?

Is Alex Smith elite: yes or no?

Give me a two word response. That's all I ask.

tooge 03-09-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9479102)
They haven't traded for Aaron Rodgers or Eli Manning or Colin Kaepernick or Andrew Luck yet, so the answer is no.

I suppose so. This franchise sucks

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9479107)
I don't call myself anything. I'm a medical student, and not understanding your broken logic doesn't change that.

Elite QB to win? No.

Alex Smith "elite"? No.

Now, take a rectal thermometer and go **** yourself.

Walrus 03-09-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

I don't call myself anything. I'm a medical student, and not understanding your broken logic doesn't change that.

Alex Smith is not elite(yet :thumb:), but where can we get an elite QB? Alex Smith was the best QB available.

el borracho 03-09-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9479096)
Ok, I've got insomnia.

Squandering resources on Alex Smith is my big complaint.

DenverChief 03-09-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9478921)
Fans of the Kansas City Chiefs. It's been a long time and alot of bad decisions and bad breaks. 18 Years really, since the Chiefs were relevant.

I know you all forgot, it's been soooo long. Guess what? This is how a young, smart, hungry GM and head coach go about improving the product on the field now, and setting the franchise up for Yeats of success in the future.

These guys are movers and shakers. They are doing what it takes, not only to win now, but it's going to be evident by the end of FA and the draft, that the future is being planned as well.

So, this is how it is done. You can save this post and call me out in five years if you wish, but I'm pretty sure we've finally got a leadership team we can count on.

Whats a yeat?

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9479112)
Squandering resources on Alex Smith is my big complaint.

Looking at that ugly dude in your avatar is my biggest complaint.

Jesus. What a mug.

tooge 03-09-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9479102)

Quote:

Waiting for you to answer my question regarding if the chiefs have done everything possible TO THIS POINT to improve the team.

If not, what should they do?

KurtCobain 03-09-2013 01:34 AM

Flacco is in no way, elite. did he turn it on at the right time against shitty secondary play? Yes. same thing Smith did against the Saints