ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Poilian says no QB worthy of #1. Chiefs can find one later (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270273)

O.city 02-23-2013 10:18 AM

I'm actually starting to like everyoone saying "no QB in the first at 1, none worth it".

It's possibly we can draft a Qb with the first overall pick, who has a huge chip on his shoulder.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9427959)
I'm actually starting to like everyoone saying "no QB in the first at 1, none worth it".

It's possibly we can draft a Qb with the first overall pick, who has a huge chip on his shoulder.

Dude, they aren't saying "no QB at #1" they're saying "no QB in the FIRST ROUND".

It's hilariously stupid.

Chiefshrink 02-23-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9424870)
Carl still can't wrap his head around why he didn't win a championship. Haha.

Also, its pathetic watching GMs and ex-GMs across the league try to take some measure of retroactive credit for Russell Wilson. "Oh yeah, we loved the guy. Loved his interview." Pathetic.

THIS a 1000x !!!

When I see Pioli and Tannenbaum on the NFL network speak out their Bellichek pie holes I see and hear why they failed as GMs and you see LOSERS written all over them.

Now Casserly on the other hand I do respect and like his old school approach because UNLIKE Pioli and Tannenbaum he has had a lot of success including a SB in his career.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9427999)
THIS a 1000x !!!

When I see ***** and Tannenbaum on the NFL network speak out their Bellichek pie holes I see and hear why they failed as GMs and you see LOSERS written all over them.

Now Casserly on the other hand I do respect and like his old school approach because UNLIKE ***** and Tannenbaum he has had a lot of success including a SB in his career.

His last job was every bit the spectacular failure that Pioli and Tannenbaum were.

Chiefshrink 02-23-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9427960)
Dude, they aren't saying "no QB at #1" they're saying "no QB in the FIRST ROUND".

It's hilariously stupid.

It's getting so annoying !!!:# You watch ! This year's class of QB's down the road will be eventually seen as very successful with a SB winner in the mix, just to spite all these 'know nothing talking heads':rolleyes: But there is a lot of poker playing going on with all this "NO QB in the 1st rd mantra" because keep in mind teams like to use these "mocking bird media types" to get their misleading(poker bluff) talking points out there in hopes to manipulate the draft in their favor.

Chiefshrink 02-23-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9428004)
His last job

Very key here. His last job. I agree Carr was a bust and the Mario vs Bush was a wash with Williams actually being the little bit better choice.

He has a SB soley on his watch unlike ***** and Tannenbaum and we now know Bellichek called all the shots:rolleyes:

Mother****erJones 02-23-2013 11:21 AM

No QB worth number 1 huh. Well Chance Warmack wasnt a top ten pick until like a week ago! Players can rise very quickly

htismaqe 02-23-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9428034)
Very key here. His last job. I agree Carr was a bust and the Mario vs Bush was a wash with Williams actually being the little bit better choice.

He has a SB soley on his watch unlike ***** and Tannenbaum and we now know Bellichek called all the shots:rolleyes:

His "Super Bowl" is ANCIENT HISTORY.

The guy knows less about the MODERN NFL than I do.

milkman 02-23-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9426182)
There is not one single other QB in this draft that has Geno's combo of arm strength, accuracy and mobility. Not to mention intangibles.

Barkley? Arm sucks, stone feet.
Glennon? Accuracy highly questionable, even less mobile than Barkley.
Wilson? Seems to have the best combo other than Geno. Still not at his level.

Manuel? Bray? Nassib? Dysert? Jones? Not even in the picture. One of these guys probably falls to the 4th.

While I agee that Geno's combination of physical and mental attributes is greater, I don't think the separation is quite the chasm you portray it.

RealSNR 02-23-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9428158)
His "Super Bowl" is ANCIENT HISTORY.

The guy knows less about the MODERN NFL than I do.

Yep.

Was anybody really surprised when Bill Parcells proved he didn't know ****ing shit about putting together an NFL team with the Miami Dolphins? Same deal.

Hammock Parties 02-23-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9428517)
While I agee that Geno's combination of physical and mental attributes is greater, I don't think the separation is quite the chasm you portray it.

I don't think it's a chasm. But I think everything considered he's 10-15% better than his closest competitor.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9428517)

The separation between Geno, Barkley, and Wilson is small.

The separation between those three and the rest of the class is pretty large.

milkman 02-23-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9428544)

This I agree with.

And when you look at it, that smaal separation is parttly responsible for the muddled QB draft situation this year.

I can not remember a draft that didn't didn't have that clear cut #1 guyy.

Chiefnj2 02-23-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9428544)

What makes Wilson so much better than Nassib or EJ? Wilson is great under pressure, but his overall size, accuracy and history of taking a beating are all pretty big red flags.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9428557)
What makes Wilson so much better than Nassib or EJ? Wilson is great under pressure, but his overall size, accuracy and history of taking a beating are all pretty big red flags.

I like Nassib but I don't think he has a very high ceiling. He is "good" in just about every category but not "great" at anything. To me, he's like Andy Dalton, which good enough to get you there but not good enough to win once you're in.

EJ Manuel just didn't impress me. I don't see anything in him that is truly elite. Again, there's a lot things about him to like but there's nothing about him that just makes you say "wow". He's also EXTREMELY raw and therefore a much higher risk, IMO.

Wilson's thing is that he's great under pressure. Wilson is one of those guys that just looks like he has "it". I have more concerns about him than I do about Geno but I do think he has a better arm than Barkley.