ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life It is offical I am moving to NC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230733)

RNR 07-15-2010 05:56 PM

It is offical I am moving to NC

As I read the email the line that jumped out was "start date 08/06/10. The deal has been in the works since spring and it is done. Weighed it over for quite a while and the time came to call or fold...I pushed in my chips~

Frazod 07-15-2010 05:57 PM

What part?

pr_capone 07-15-2010 05:58 PM

gratz! Always good to be near the ones you love.

Gracie Dean 07-15-2010 05:59 PM

face it..you just want to play with that cute grandbaby

RedNFeisty 07-15-2010 06:02 PM

That is fantastic!!! Come out and have a beer with me to celebrate!

RedNFeisty 07-15-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noswad (Post 6882191)

You know that is true!!

RNR 07-15-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6882187)
What part?

Kinston~

Frazod 07-15-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 6882198)
Kinston~

Ah, reasonably close to the ocean. I'm more of a fan of the eastern, mountainous part, but it's a nice place to live from everything I've ever heard. One of my high school friends lives in Raleigh and loves it.

And of course, anywhere in North Carolina will be a big step up from Kansas! :thumb:

FAX 07-15-2010 06:24 PM

Congratulations. I assume that, by "NC", you mean North Carolina, Mr. RedNeckRaider. If so, you will need some information about the state in order to properly acclimate with the local citizens.

Fact 1: The University of North Carolina Chapel Hill is the oldest State University in the United States.

Fact 2: "Beaufort Town" was known as "Fish Town" in the early 1700's when Blackbeard frequented the coast. Historians believe that Blackbeard had trouble pronouncing the word; "Beaufort".

Fact 3: Whitewater Falls in Transylvania County is the highest waterfall in the eastern United States. If you attempt to navigate the falls in a barrel, be careful that you are not eaten by a bar.

Fact 4: In some counties, teeth are considered optional.

Fact 5: North Carolina is the largest producer of sweet potatoes in the nation. In the 1800s, the famous suffragette, "Sweet Tater Brown", began petitioning the State Legislature to make the Sweet Tater the Official State Vegetable. No one knew what to do about that. Still don't.

Fact 6: The first English colony in America was located on Roanoke Island. Walter Raleigh founded it. The colony mysteriously vanished with no trace except for the word "Croatoan" scrawled on a nearby tree. Some scholars believe that the term "Croatoan" is a type of sweet potato soup.

Fact 7: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts was founded in Winston-Salem.

Fact 8: The first miniature golf course was built in Fayetteville. The par-3 Sweet Potato Disaster is considered to be the most difficult hazard in the sport.

Fact 9: Winston-Salem was created when the two towns Winston and Salem combined. Originally, Winston was going to merge with Virginia Slims but she backed out at the last moment so Salem got the nod.

Fact 10: Grandfather Mountain, highest peak in the Blue Ridge, is the only private park in the world designated by the United Nations as an International Biosphere Reserve. On a clear day, over 8 billion sweet potatoes can be seen from its peak.

Fact 11: State Motto: "Esse quam videri" (To be rather than to seem).

Fact 12: The oldest town in the state is Bath, incorporated in 1705. It is also the cleanest town in the state.

Fact 13: The General Assembly of 1987 adopted milk as the official state beverage.

Fact 14: An average of 9 North Carolinians are eaten by a bear each year. The locals don't think it's the same bear. Plus, they call them "bars". So, if you or someone you know is devoured by one, you tell the authorities you were eaten by a bar.

FAX

R8RFAN 07-15-2010 06:30 PM

Welcome to NC my Raider brother

Terribilis 07-15-2010 06:32 PM

watch out for bigfoot
<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eFLyO2RWGms&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-15-2010 06:32 PM

I used to live in Fayetteville. It was horrible !

stevieray 07-15-2010 06:36 PM

damn, something tells me i'm not gonna get to hang for a beer before you go..

even so...congrats man!

RNR 07-15-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noswad (Post 6882191)

My son has been working on me for a couple years. He and his wife brought Ellie in town over the 4th. It was a full court press and it worked. That and the love of my life lives there now also my daughter is planning on moving there...well for all the he hawing there was no choice. That and the offer is good :)

RNR 07-15-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 6882215)
Welcome to NC my Raider brother

We will have to hook up~