ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Madden 2005 -- funny stuff... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104095)

htismaqe 11-12-2004 07:03 AM

Madden 2005 -- funny stuff...

I decided to start a franchise in Madden with the Chiefs and instead of playing the games for the first (2004) season, I would sim them to mimic what has happened in real life.

Right now, I'm starting week 4 at 0-3 and here's a couple of gems.

Chris Bober and Jason Dunn are demanding playing time or a trade. :D

But these are the funniest:

I checked my Advisors screen and amongst other things, they're saying "The sports radio shows are ripping the team new one" and "We've got cap room. Now's not the time to be frugal." :banghead: :cuss:

A freaking video game is smart enough to figure it out, but the braintrust at 1 Arrowhead Drive isn't?

htismaqe 11-12-2004 07:17 AM

I'm now starting week 8. The team is 3-4.

The best Advisor quip is "Where are the fans? We need bodies in the seats!"

Oh, and they're projecting Vonnie Holliday as the only Chiefs to make the Pro Bowl. :rolleyes:

NaptownChief 11-12-2004 07:23 AM

I say put Bober in for Welborne...Give the kid his playing time. He won't get pushed around any more than Welborne does in pass protection.

Ebolapox 11-12-2004 07:30 AM

ROFL

that's classic

-EB-

htismaqe 11-12-2004 07:41 AM

Bober ended up playing the last half of the season because Welborne tore a pectoral muscle.

The Chiefs finished 7-9. They lost to the Pats and Titans on Monday night. They got swept by the CHARGERS. :banghead:

The good news is that they beat the Broncos and swept the Raiders.

Trent Green tore his shoulder and it could be career threatening.

Holmes, Shields, Hall and VONNIE HOLLIDAY made the Pro-Bowl. Poor Vonnie is sitting in Hawaii without any clue that he's about to be cut. :D

Well, it's a Bills vs. Bucs Super Bowl. I'm gonna watch it and then get to the business of FIRING CARL PETERSON. :thumb:

teedubya 11-12-2004 07:57 AM

Quote:

Today, 07:03 AM----Right now, I'm starting week 4 at 0-3
Quote:

Today, 07:17 AM----I'm now starting week 8. The team is 3-4
in 14 minutes? so did you just have the computer play? or what.

teedubya 11-12-2004 07:59 AM

Quote:

I would sim them to mimic what has happened in real life.
nevermind. :thumb:

Ebolapox 11-12-2004 07:59 AM

eh, I always sim the seasons too... even at four or five minutes a game, it takes way too long... I pretty much only play madden to GM the chiefs in owner mode...

-EB-

Hammock Parties 11-12-2004 08:00 AM

Haha....poor htismaque doesn't realize that he CAN'T fire Carl Peterson. For all intents and purposes HE is Carl Peterson.

You can fire Vermeil, Gunther, Saunders and Gansz, though.

Thig Lyfe 11-12-2004 08:53 AM

Haha.

I blocked an extra point with Dante Hall last night. It was pretty AWESOME!!!!!!

Plus Lyle West was the Horse Trailer player of the game!!! LYLE WEST IS THE FUTURE!!!!

Hammock Parties 11-12-2004 09:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:D

Ebolapox 11-12-2004 09:22 AM

(this is the millionth time saying this, actually...)

gochiefs, you dumbass

-EB-

Ultra Peanut 11-12-2004 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserName

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Lzen 11-12-2004 10:02 AM

Man, that is some funny stuff. I can't wait to try out Madden 05. I just ordered it. Should arrive sometime next week. :) In the meanwhile, I've been enjoying NCAA 05 for the past month. What a great game. :thumb:

Eleazar 11-12-2004 10:05 AM

I got Madden '05 about two weeks ago but I can't stop playing NCAA 2005 long enough to mess with it.

Ebolapox 11-12-2004 10:09 AM

eh, I'm a poor college student--I'm still on madden 2004 and ncaa 2004 (the only reason I have nfl 2k5 is because of the fact that it was only 20 bucks new)

-EB-

Hammock Parties 11-12-2004 10:10 AM

Could be worse:

http://img131.exs.cx/img131/2687/screen0094.jpg

http://img131.exs.cx/img131/3269/screen0095.jpg

Ultra Peanut 11-12-2004 10:17 AM

I may have nightmares.

Hammock Parties 11-12-2004 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psicosis
I may have nightmares.

DREAM TEAM:

http://espn.go.com/media/nfl/2001/01...nheimer2_i.jpg
http://www.espnstar.com/jsp/cda/phot...son_150104.jpg
http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photo...012704raye.jpg

Ultra Peanut 11-12-2004 10:22 AM

Sweet Zombie Jesus.

WebGem 11-12-2004 11:16 AM

Jimmy Raye is gay

teedubya 11-12-2004 11:22 AM

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/2002-1...es/defrib1.jpg

Hammock Parties 11-12-2004 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali Chi3fs

Those guys should all carry "do not resuscitate" cards.

htismaqe 11-12-2004 11:37 AM

Quote:

Haha....poor htismaque doesn't realize that he CAN'T fire Carl Peterson. For all intents and purposes HE is Carl Peterson.

You can fire Vermeil, Gunther, Saunders and Gansz, though.

For all intents and purposes, the player takes on the role of OWNER. Every once in a while, you'll get an email from "the GM" but the GM, as a separate position isn't "in the game".

That being said, I was MAKING A JOKE.

BTW, those 4 are already gone. I'll be posting an update of the offseason SLAUGHTER soon.

Hammock Parties 11-12-2004 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
For all intents and purposes, the player takes on the role of OWNER. Every once in a while, you'll get an email from "the GM" but the GM, as a separate position isn't "in the game".

That being said, I was MAKING A JOKE.

BTW, those 4 are already gone. I'll be posting an update of the offseason SLAUGHTER soon.

Damn, all of them?

Anyway, the player is pretty much the Owner/GM/Coach/QB.

shakesthecat 11-12-2004 11:45 AM

Quote:

I've prolly sim'd about 90 seasons so far on Madden, and more often than not, the years following an off-season where I slash payroll, the team has a much better record than the previous one.

I am the master of the fire sale.

Bearcat 11-12-2004 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EBOLA
I'm still on ncaa 2004

Keep it... I traded in '04 for '05, and then ended up trading in '05 to get '04 back :banghead:

ZootedGranny 11-12-2004 12:10 PM

A few months ago I found a terrible (or not so terrible depending on your morals) glitch in Madden 2005. In Owner mode, they let you edit the position of other teams players.

So what you can do is take someone like Ray Lewis and convert him to FB. Then, you can go into free agency, pick up a higher rated FB, and trade him to the Ravens for Ray Lewis, since Lewis is rated terrible as a FB. Then, you can resign him to a contract more in line with what a fullback will make. Then, you just edit him back to MLB. A 99 rated MLB signed to a 7 year, 8 million dollar deal? BRILLIANT!

It is nice to take all of the Broncos and Raiders players and trade them away for free agent scrubs.

Hammock Parties 11-12-2004 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
A few months ago I found a terrible (or not so terrible depending on your morals) glitch in Madden 2005. In Owner mode, they let you edit the position of other teams players.

So what you can do is take someone like Ray Lewis and convert him to FB. Then, you can go into free agency, pick up a higher rated FB, and trade him to the Ravens for Ray Lewis, since Lewis is rated terrible as a FB. Then, you can resign him to a contract more in line with what a fullback will make. Then, you just edit him back to MLB. A 99 rated MLB signed to a 7 year, 8 million dollar deal? BRILLIANT!

It is nice to take all of the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) and Raiders players and trade them away for free agent scrubs.

LOL that's not so terrible...you shouldn't be fucking with other teams like that.

BTW, you can't edit anything during a PC franchise...sucks.

htismaqe 11-12-2004 12:17 PM

Well, end-of-season fan support was near the bottom in the NFL. Ticket sales are way down. I managed a meager $12M in profit.

Hopefully the fans will be re-energized by the changes I made to the staff:

Head Coach -- Romeo Crennel
Off. Coord. -- Tom Rathman
Def. Coord. -- Mike Singletary
ST. Coord. -- Steve Hoffman (former Dallas kicking coach)

htismaqe 11-12-2004 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakesthecat
I've prolly sim'd about 90 seasons so far on Madden, and more often than not, the years following an off-season where I slash payroll, the team has a much better record than the previous one.

I am the master of the fire sale.

Yep.

When I'm done cutting and paying contract penalties (for cutting players under contract) I'll have close to FIFTY percent of my cap free. :D

Hammock Parties 11-12-2004 12:22 PM

Quote:

Well, end-of-season fan support was near the bottom in the NFL. Ticket sales are way down. I managed a meager $12M in profit.

Hopefully the fans will be re-energized by the changes I made to the staff:

Head Coach -- Romeo Crennel
Off. Coord. -- Tom Rathman
Def. Coord. -- Mike Singletary
ST. Coord. -- Steve Hoffman (former Dallas kicking coach)

Cool. Update us on FA and the draft.

I'm assuming you'll be cutting Hicks, Holliday, Woods and McCleon?

ZootedGranny 11-12-2004 12:23 PM

Quote:

LOL that's not so terrible...you shouldn't be fucking with other teams like that.

BTW, you can't edit anything during a PC franchise...sucks.

Ahh, I just do it to mess around. I have a couple straight up franchises that I roll with, but it is fun to have an exported team to mess around with that has all the players you wish the Chiefs had.

Ebolapox 11-12-2004 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Keep it... I traded in '04 for '05, and then ended up trading in '05 to get '04 back :banghead:

that's what I hear--after reading a few previews of '05, there's only one or two new features that have me amped--the matchup stick, and crowd 'noise' feature---do they not live up to they hype??

-EB-

Lzen 11-12-2004 01:42 PM

Quote:

that's what I hear--after reading a few previews of '05, there's only one or two new features that have me amped--the matchup stick, and crowd 'noise' feature---do they not live up to they hype??

-EB-

I love the matchup stick and crowd noise factor. Not sure how much they affect the game, though. Also, they should improve the matchup stick in the future. As of now, it only shows the composure of the backs and linebackers. One other thing that is cool but a little irritating is that you have disciplinary issues at times. You have to take care of them. I thought I was taking care of them throughout my first season but apparently, only suspending them for a quarter or a half was not good enough. I'm now on probation for 2 years, losing 10 scholarships per year. :banghead: Not good for someone trying to build a program. :KU:

htismaqe 11-12-2004 02:27 PM

This is too much fun.

Imagine how Larry Johnson felt when he heard that the Bears had offered KC the 3rd overall pick in the draft, plus the 99th overall pick and DE Michael Haynes to the Chiefs for RB Priest Holmes and the new Chiefs management ACCEPTED. PBJ

Now imagine how he felt when the new Chiefs management, with the #3 overall pick in the draft, selected a 6'1", 221lb. HALFBACK out of Pittsburgh... ROFL

The offseason was bloody. I couldn't resist the temptation to GUT this team, especially on defense.

Chris Horn asked for too much money and was not re-signed. John Browning, Benny Sapp, and Freddie Jones were also not offered contracts.

Backup linemen Brett Williams and Kevin Sampson got the axe. Johnnie Morton was cut. Several defensive starters were released, including Vonnie Holliday, Dexter McCleon, Mike Mazlowski, Jerome Woods, Shawn Barber, and Eric Hicks.

In addition to the aforementioned trade of Priest Holmes to the Bears, injured QB Trent Green (shoulder) was traded to the Cowboys for the 14th-overall pick.

I extended a 1-year tender to RFA Scott Fujita and placed the franchise tag on Greg Wesley.

The Chiefs had an outstanding draft, largely due to the fact they had 3 1st-round picks. It went like this:

1st -- #3 -- HB Pittsburgh
1st -- #11 -- RG Georgia
1st -- #14 -- LT Howard
2nd -- #43 -- FS Kansas State
3rd -- #75 -- CB Pittsburgh
4th -- #99 -- WR Bucknell
4th -- #107 -- LE Bethune Cookman
5th -- #139 -- ROLB UCLA
6th -- #171 -- LT Montana
7th -- #203 -- WR Hofstra

Next up:

Free agency. I have to find a replacement of Trent Green somewhere.

Lzen 11-12-2004 02:32 PM

That's the fun part about these games, IMO. Offseason stuff is where we the fan get to live our dreams as GM. Personally, I would not have done nearly as much as you but hey, to each his own. ;)

Nightfyre 11-12-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

This is too much fun.

Imagine how Larry Johnson felt when he heard that the Bears had offered KC the 3rd overall pick in the draft, plus the 99th overall pick and DE Michael Haynes to the Chiefs for RB Priest Holmes and the new Chiefs management ACCEPTED. PBJ

Now imagine how he felt when the new Chiefs management, with the #3 overall pick in the draft, selected a 6'1", 221lb. HALFBACK out of Pittsburgh... ROFL

The offseason was bloody. I couldn't resist the temptation to GUT this team, especially on defense.

Chris Horn asked for too much money and was not re-signed. John Browning, Benny Sapp, and Freddie Jones were also not offered contracts.

Backup linemen Brett Williams and Kevin Sampson got the axe. Johnnie Morton was cut. Several defensive starters were released, including Vonnie Holliday, Dexter McCleon, Mike Mazlowski, Jerome Woods, Shawn Barber, and Eric Hicks.

In addition to the aforementioned trade of Priest Holmes to the Bears, injured QB Trent Green (shoulder) was traded to the Cowboys for the 14th-overall pick.

I extended a 1-year tender to RFA Scott Fujita and placed the franchise tag on Greg Wesley.

The Chiefs had an outstanding draft, largely due to the fact they had 3 1st-round picks. It went like this:

1st -- #3 -- HB Pittsburgh
1st -- #11 -- RG Georgia
1st -- #14 -- LT Howard
2nd -- #43 -- FS Kansas State
3rd -- #75 -- CB Pittsburgh
4th -- #99 -- WR Bucknell
4th -- #107 -- LE Bethune Cookman
5th -- #139 -- ROLB UCLA
6th -- #171 -- LT Montana
7th -- #203 -- WR Hofstra

Next up:

Free agency. I have to find a replacement of Trent Green somewhere.

Its awesome how you drafted from two I-AA teams with your 6th and 7th :rolleyes: They wont be competitive at all.

htismaqe 11-12-2004 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre
Its awesome how you drafted from two I-AA teams with your 6th and 7th :rolleyes: They wont be competitive at all.

Hehe...in Madden it really doesn't matter as much what school they came from, it's all about the ratings.

I actually ended up not signing my 7th-rounder because he was so bad and I needed free agents.

Speaking of free agents, here is who I signed:

QB Mike McMahon -- will be the starter
OLB Kalen Thornton -- backup
RB Charles Stackhouse -- good run blocker, being groomed to take over for TRich
WR Aaron Moorehead -- will start at slot WR
CB Vontez Duff -- young depth
DT Eddie Freeman -- hey, what can I say? He was the best of what was left... :D

A couple of interesting FA notes:

Both Barber and McCleon went to the Panthers.
Hicks went to the Chargers and Holliday to the Patriots. Interestingly enough, both teams run predominantly 3-4 defenses, which many of us felt both were better suited for...

Mr. Kotter 11-12-2004 04:08 PM

Quote:

I decided to start a franchise in Madden with the Chiefs and instead of playing the games for the first (2004) season, I would sim them to mimic what has happened in real life.

I checked my Advisors screen and amongst other things, they're saying "The sports radio shows are ripping the team new one" and "We've got cap room. Now's not the time to be frugal." :banghead: :cuss:

A freaking video game is smart enough to figure it out, but the braintrust at 1 Arrowhead Drive isn't?

Good thing it's a game...I'd be PISSED if that was the REAL season. :banghead:

:cuss:

digi2fish 11-12-2004 04:08 PM

Welcome aboard, Mr. Peterson.
ROFL

Lzen 11-12-2004 04:22 PM

Quetion about Madden. Do they allow you to keep 80 on the roster until the cutdown days in preseason like real life? Or do they make you have the required 55(or whatever it is) all the time? That is one of the areas that has always been lacking in Madden, IMO.

royr17 11-12-2004 04:22 PM

Funny is im in my 3rd year of my Franchise, people i have let go are, Collins, Huard, Morton, Kennison, Boerigter, Horn, Dunn, Bober, Willis, Hicks, Holliday, Wilkerson, Dalton, Jones, Maz, Barber, Bartee, McCleon, Woods, Pile, Tynes and Cheek.

T-Rich retired on me so my Fullback is Omar Easy (didnt give up on him and is pretty good, Trent and Priest are on the decline so signed them to 1-year deals and my QB and RB next season will Casey Clausen and Larry Johnson unless i draft someone else or pick them up in free agency.

Jordan Black is being groomed as a replacement for Roaf, Lilja is gonna replace Wiegmann.

The Buccanneers cut Michael Clayton so he is a chief now so is David Terrell. Will Allen is a chief and moved Warfield to safety. Billy Cundiff is now my kicker and Derrick Frost is my punter.

Drafted a guy named Andy Lee and is my starting LE and he is fast too speed of 87. :)

And I may trade for Bartee and move him to Safety, so but all and all its been pretty good the most money i ever had in a offseason was 43 million dollars under the cap.

Named Gunther head coach, Al still OC, Mike Singletary named DC, and Gansz still special teams coach.

But the one thing that sucks about the game is the radio show and i think it sucks big time.

Hammock Parties 11-12-2004 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
Quetion about Madden. Do they allow you to keep 80 on the roster until the cutdown days in preseason like real life? Or do they make you have the required 55(or whatever it is) all the time? That is one of the areas that has always been lacking in Madden, IMO.

Maximum 55 throughout the year. No cutdown date.

Saulbadguy 11-12-2004 04:26 PM

My first few times of simming the 04 season, The Chiefs won the division at 8-8, once lost in the divisional playoffs, the other lost in the AFC championship game.

Demonpenz 11-12-2004 04:27 PM

i played my 11th season yesterday, larry johnson has to be going to the hall of fame, thanks to the genious that is me, i had him in on TE plays and half the HB plays. He got 1000 rushing and 1000 recieving almost every year. I also have this play where i have 9 DB and 1 fast LB and one great Pass rusher, it gives up some yards, but usually I can get a pick or if the QB decided to run i can get there in time. Anyway this offseaon after winning 2 SB's i decided that in my fantasy world it was time to cut the team. Now i am ususally not good at the training camp thing, but there was a WR with 99 speed and i choose him to do Running back drills. He was awesome and i gained six points. I am grooming a Hall of fame LB too, right now my linebacker K. COX has 2 straight fourteen sack seasons. i

Saulbadguy 11-12-2004 04:28 PM

BTW, I imported my draft class from NCAA 2004 on my first year, and I ended up with this:

1. Braylon Edwards
2. Marlin Jackson
3. Darren Sproles
4. Dusty Dvoracek
5. That godly punter from BYU
6. Some kicker
7. can't remember.

royr17 11-12-2004 04:32 PM

Why did i just have a feeling that you would draft sproles saul ?

Saulbadguy 11-12-2004 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17
Why did i just have a feeling that you would draft sproles saul ?

Traded Blaylock away...

royr17 11-12-2004 04:35 PM

So you starting Sproles saul ?

Bearcat 11-12-2004 04:37 PM

Quote:

-EB-

The matchup stick itself is a cool idea, but like he said, I'm not sure it makes a difference.

The atmosphere in '05 is great..... and going back to '04 made me realize how good it is in '05. I really miss it.

The agile running is great.

What I don't miss:

Lack of a passing game. 04's is challenging, but not impossible. I never even got decent at it in '05, no matter the teams or the sliders.

WAY too many dropped passes. It was fine in '04, but this was another thing they messed up in their defensive quest. Wide open receivers don't drop 50%+ of the passes that are perfectly thrown to them.... and if the receiver doesn't drop it, it's because it was either tipped or not close to him.

Tipped passes :cuss: ...almost every tipped pass (I'm talking 80-90%) is tipped UP. Dumbest thing EVER. If they had just perfected the collision engine from '04, it would have been fine. Now, in '05, if a ball is touched, it gets popped up. I've even seen the ball get batted numerous times between a group of huddled-up players... I've seen the ball get tipped up literally 5-10 times in one play. Didn't happen very often, but it's evidence that they changed it so there would be more picks. Again, dumbest idea ever.

The whole game just isn't realistic.... with KU, I had a great defense and no offense... with FLORIDA I had a great defense, and no offense.... no matter the sliders or the opponent. I played the game for a couple of months to see if I'd get better, and I came to the conclusion that '05 is a huge step backwards from '04.

I've gone back to '04, and am in a great, very realistic franchise.

NCAA '06 should be '04 with '05's graphics/animations, atmosphere, agile running, crowd animations, matchup stick, and discipline features (although they should be toned down). LEAVE THE GAMEPLAY & AI ALONE!!! :cuss:

Saulbadguy 11-12-2004 04:38 PM

Quote:

So you starting Sproles saul ?

Nope..he is the 3rd stringer still. He's still a rookie. Right now he is just riding the bench. I eventually plan to start him though, if LJ doesn't work out.

Demonpenz 11-12-2004 04:38 PM

I wish there was a high school video game.

I put myself as a saragusa type of player and played through college (always in trouble) and through 5 seasons in madden, finally the coke and painkillers I retired myself, only to die 2 years later. Everyone on the chiefs wore a sticker on their helmet to remember their fallen coke addict friend

htismaqe 11-12-2004 04:40 PM

BTW, my 4th-round WR out of Bucknell is a real gem.

I drafted him because he evaluated out as a decent kick returner at 6'3", 194 lbs. That should mean he's fairly fast, right?

Well, he's got 4.25 speed! All I need to do is work on his hands...

royr17 11-12-2004 04:40 PM

Oh did i also mention i traded away Mitchell, Scanlon is my starting MLB and signed Saleem Rasheed ...

royr17 11-12-2004 04:41 PM

So what is sproles ratings ?

Demonpenz 11-12-2004 04:41 PM

i don't understand why they don't make the grafix better in ncaa 2005. The Defence in the game is reeruned. I like to play a 3-4, but it seems no matter what i pick it doesn't really matter, the game makes the decision wiether a play is going to work. Further evidence ncaa 05 sucks is i put a CB at middle linebacker and he gets like 4 sacks a game

Saulbadguy 11-12-2004 04:42 PM

Quote:

So what is sproles ratings ?

77 OVR rookie year.

royr17 11-12-2004 04:43 PM

Oh yea im playing madden right now and just knocked out Brees and in comes Rivers, but i may wanna create sproles saul and put him on my team so you think you maybe could give me his ratings ?

Saulbadguy 11-12-2004 04:44 PM

Quote:

Oh yea im playing madden right now and just knocked out Brees and in comes Rivers, but i may wanna create sproles saul and put him on my team so you think you maybe could give me his ratings ?

Just create a 5'6 185 lb'er, #43, and jack up all his ratings to 99. :)

I'm not at home right now, otherwise I would.

htismaqe 11-12-2004 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChiefsfan
Good thing it's a game...I'd be PISSED if that was the REAL season. :banghead:

:cuss:

Um, we'd have to go better than 4-4 the rest of the way for that NOT to be our REAL season.

Rausch 11-12-2004 04:46 PM

Oddly enough I played the Saints in the super bowl last night and went into overtime after I came back to tie it up at 28 all...

Then won in OT with a field goal after Kawika intercepted Brooks.

htismaqe 11-12-2004 04:47 PM

Quote:

Oh did i also mention i traded away Mitchell, Scanlon is my starting MLB and signed Saleem Rasheed ...

Mitchell is progressing for me at an alarming rate.

Gained 6 points in the 2004 preseason...I had Beisel at starter for that whole season (for simulation purposes) and then moved Mitchell to starter at the beginning of my 2nd season (the one I'm actually playing). He's now 84 overall, gaining 14 points since the beginning of the 2004 TC.

Another guy really progressing is Keyaron Fox.

Saulbadguy 11-12-2004 04:48 PM

Bartee also plays surprisingly well in my madden seasons...

royr17 11-12-2004 04:49 PM

Ok Saul do you think you could when you get home ? i mean im just on week 2 on my 3rd year so i wont need them until probably a few days, i play madden quite a bit though, but if you could get those to me that would be great ... Thanks

Rausch 11-12-2004 04:49 PM

Quote:

Another guy really progressing is Keyaron Fox.

After season 2 the guy is a 90 overall on my game. Awesome. And Jr is leading the team in sacks (though he only had 5 for the season :( )

tk13 11-12-2004 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
Bartee also plays surprisingly well in my madden seasons...

Yeah he's always played real well for me... his ratings aren't spectacular, but he plays better than his ratings, he's never made the Pro Bowl but he's been among the leaders in voting before...

Saulbadguy 11-12-2004 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
Yeah he's always played real well for me... his ratings aren't spectacular, but he plays better than his ratings, he's never made the Pro Bowl but he's gotten votes before...

I play the dime quite abit so all secondary gets alot of picks...Warfield usually always makes the pro bowl.

Bearcat2005 11-12-2004 04:53 PM

Quote:

When I start my first season I love to build up a team from scratch with young players so for awhile the radio will tell me to spend cap room since I have so much.

royr17 11-12-2004 04:58 PM

Oh yea and by the way saul im curious but did Demarcus bundle of sticksgins go to K-State ?

Saulbadguy 11-12-2004 04:59 PM

Quote:

Oh yea and by the way saul im curious but did Demarcus bundle of sticksgins go to K-State ?

Yes. Graduated in 02 IIRC.

Bearcat 11-12-2004 05:00 PM

And another thing...

Before '04, once I got used to a game, I didn't lose. It was just a matter of getting to the top spot. It never took long to get Kansas a NC. In '04, I had to work a lot harder for it, and even when I started to get better players, there would still be a game or two a season where I just didn't have it.... I had one dynasty at South Carolina, where I was really good after one mediocre season, but I didn't get a NC until my 5th season. Before, I'd ALWAYS get one before my first contract was up (within 3 years). In that dynasty, it wasn't nearly as easy to go undefeated as previous games.

The bottom line is that '04 drew a line between the bad teams, the good teams, and the great teams.... most importantly, between the good and the great. You couldn't just go and beat the #1 ranked team in the nation.

I think '05 took a step back... All the teams seemed to be the same. I couldn't pass against any team, but I could run for 250 yards against every team. There was no seperation between the teams.. it was like I was playing the same team every week.

royr17 11-12-2004 05:01 PM

Was he any good, cause i have him on my game now on the chiefs, i guess you could sorta call that a home coming couldnt you ...

Saulbadguy 11-12-2004 05:02 PM

Quote:

Was he any good, cause i have him on my game now on the chiefs, i guess you could sorta call that a home coming couldnt you ...

He was good at KSU..he is doing "OK" I guess now with the Texans. He had an INT return for a Td a few weeks ago.

Mr. Kotter 11-12-2004 05:16 PM

Quote:

Um, we'd have to go better than 4-4 the rest of the way for that NOT to be our REAL season.

Psssst.....I was being facetious.

royr17 11-12-2004 05:20 PM

I have him on my team and i think he's pretty good and i have him as my nickle corner on my team ...

Hammock Parties 11-12-2004 09:20 PM

Payback's a bitch.

http://img115.exs.cx/img115/7289/mcpasson3.jpg

ChiefsFire 11-12-2004 10:03 PM

Quote:

wow that never happens to McNugget LOL

royr17 11-13-2004 12:43 AM

whos that WR that you just posted a pic of by the way gochiefs ?

HolmeZz 11-13-2004 12:47 AM

Probably a rookie drafted in the game.