ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: the best player in the 2013 draft. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272343)

RunKC 04-22-2013 02:48 PM

I know this guy isn't the best player in the draft, but I really do believe DeAndre Hopkins is the best WR in this class.

HUGE hands that help him catch everything, speed is solid and his route running are also solid.

Tavon Austin is the best known talent at the position, but I don't think he can be a #1 WR like Hopkins can.

MahiMike 04-22-2013 02:54 PM

Jarvis Jones

Pitt Gorilla 04-22-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9613707)
Sharrif Floyd or Star Lotulelei

one or both of these guys is going to pan out with the ability to stop the run, and rush the passer and that is a rare premium for d-lineman that big and fast that can do both, as a team has to gameplan for them. (JJ Watt, Haloti Ngata, etc)

but if you are talking best player at his position, Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper could be top 5, top 3 at the guard position in like one or two seasons, so technically, they would be the fastest risers in the respective skill set.

warmack and cooper are both really good.

Sorter 04-22-2013 03:46 PM

Woot woot, mentioned in the OP.

Truthfully, this question is difficult.I suppose if I'm just looking at how they played throughout college and aren't projecting how they'll be as players, I'd say that Sheldon Richardson, Jarvis Jones, Barkevious Mingo, Tavon Austin, Barrett Jones, and Kenny Vaccaro are all viable candidates.

I really want to put Quinton Patton in this group but I just can't justify it. Gun to my head, I'm probably taking Sheldon as far as this thread is concerned.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-22-2013 04:30 PM

Geno Smith

O.city 04-22-2013 04:32 PM

Sheldon Richardson.

ChiefAshhole20 04-22-2013 04:41 PM

IF in the right situation, I think Mingo would be seen as the "premier" player from this draft, like a Clay Matthews. But, most likely I think it will be either Cooper or Dion.

Dave Lane 04-22-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9613261)
Would so pimp if Dorsey could get 9,13 from NYJ and take Austin and Sheldon Richardson

Austin and Ansah would be better more boom / bust but still.

beach tribe 04-22-2013 05:01 PM

I think its gonna end up being Ansah in the long run.

Mav 04-22-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9613702)
Lump me in with the Austin guys.

A hit with Geno Smith (or Barkley) would be a bigger impact, however.

Tangental sidebar: I can't believe Nassib is being talked about at 8. I mean I can, his coach and all, but I never saw anything from that guy that spoke to anything above lower mid-round talent.

He had no talent around him. I havent heard of one skill guy from syracuse talked about being taken......

Nightfyre 04-22-2013 06:11 PM

I am going with Dee Milliner. It's just that CBs are fairly low-impact.

O.city 04-22-2013 06:15 PM

It's hard for me to pick a Bama player as the best. I like Milliner alot, but man they're just always so loaded with talent.

NorthernWV 04-22-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9613474)
Kenny Viccaro.....

When we look back at this draft in 4 years, hes going to be the best player from it.

Tavon went 1 on 1 against Vacarro this year and Vacarro wasn't even in the same league...In fact I'd go as far an say Vacarro is the most overrated prospect in the draft, he couldn't tackle anyone the whole Big 12 season.

Mav 04-22-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernWV (Post 9615165)
Tavon went 1 on 1 against Vacarro this year and Vacarro wasn't even in the same league...In fact I'd go as far an say Vacarro is the most overrated prospect in the draft, he couldn't tackle anyone the whole Big 12 season.

Um, well, i wouldnt expect a Free Safety to be able to go one on one with Tavon Austin.

Mav 04-22-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9614612)
I know this guy isn't the best player in the draft, but I really do believe DeAndre Hopkins is the best WR in this class.

HUGE hands that help him catch everything, speed is solid and his route running are also solid.

Tavon Austin is the best known talent at the position, but I don't think he can be a #1 WR like Hopkins can.

He has to prove that he can be the number one option on his own team. He wasnt the receiver that defenses focused on last year. That was Sammy Watkins. I think he can be a solid possesion receiver. Big hands, but hes slow.