ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Well, it was fun while it lasted (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158558)

Frazod 02-19-2007 07:02 PM

Well, it was fun while it lasted

This weekend the red Mustang goes bye-bye. Over the past month it has really become clear that having a small RWD vehicle with pretty much zero passenger and storage room as my sole means of transportation in an area that gets hit with really crappy weather is somewhat stupid, and the last time I fishtailed on the ice finally tipped the balance of COMMON SENSE over GOD I LOVE THIS CAR.

So I'm replacing it with a 2006 Pontiac G6 sedan, which has FWD and a 4-cylinder engine. My payments, insurance and gas consumption will all go down dramatically.

But that doesn't mean I have to like it. :sulk:

Anyway, I'll be in Kansas City over the weekend. Should have the car crap wrapped up by early afternoon on Saturday, so if anyone would like to get together for a late lunch or a beer, drop me a PM. I'll be hanging out with family that night and retuning to Chicago the next day, so that will pretty much be the extent of the time I have to do anything.

C-Mac 02-19-2007 07:09 PM

Dude, sorry to hear of your loss.

teedubya 02-19-2007 07:11 PM

Dude, you are a Cardinals fan... no one wants to hang out with you.

ChiefsFanatic 02-19-2007 07:11 PM

Why don't you at least get a V-6? Four cylinders is just not enough to drive on the highway, or anywhere for that matter.

NewChief 02-19-2007 07:11 PM

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to sports cars, but is there a reason that they still make these types of things in RWD? I assume it has something to do with the "traditional" method of engineering a muscle car, but does it give you some kind of speed/performance boost? I just don't get why they still make RWD cars.

Bwana 02-19-2007 07:14 PM

Awww bullshit Tim. Go buy yourself a "rig" like your uncle Bwana has. A big ass crew cab truck (a lift kit is a bonus) and abuse the snow and people that get out of line with their cars.

Simplex3 02-19-2007 07:16 PM

A G6??? Does the castration come with the car or is that extra?

Bob Dole 02-19-2007 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic
Why don't you at least get a V-6? Four cylinders is just not enough to drive on the highway, or anywhere for that matter.

Not necessary true. Bob Dole's CX-7 has a 4banger that puts out 244 horsepower and 258 lb.-ft. of torque, which gives it plenty of zip for what it is.

recxjake 02-19-2007 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
This weekend the red Mustang goes bye-bye. Over the past month it has really become clear that having a small RWD vehicle with pretty much zero passenger and storage room as my sole means of transportation in an area that gets hit with really crappy weather is somewhat stupid, and the last time I fishtailed on the ice finally tipped the balance of COMMON SENSE over GOD I LOVE THIS CAR.

So I'm replacing it with a 2006 Pontiac G6 sedan, which has FWD and a 4-cylinder engine. My payments, insurance and gas consumption will all go down dramatically.

But that doesn't mean I have to like it. :sulk:

Anyway, I'll be in Kansas City over the weekend. Should have the car crap wrapped up by early afternoon on Saturday, so if anyone would like to get together for a late lunch or a beer, drop me a PM. I'll be hanging out with family that night and retuning to Chicago the next day, so that will pretty much be the extent of the time I have to do anything.

New? You want the GM Supplier discount?

Bearcat 02-19-2007 07:24 PM

That sucks... I went from a v6 Beretta, which I thought was really nice for highway driving, to a v8, and I don't know if I can ever go back.

300 horsepower and front wheel drive... best of both worlds :)

http://www.chevrolet.com/i/pic/monte..._gallery03.jpg

SLAG 02-19-2007 07:28 PM

i think you can get a V8 on the G6 that will shut down to 4 cyl. to save on gas..

Nice to see your putting the Rustang away and going GM!

;)

Frazod 02-19-2007 07:28 PM

I'm getting this particular car because I'm getting a tremendous deal on it (buying it from my uncle).

I would prefer a V6, but oh well. The next time some psycho raghead blows something up that causes the price of gas to go up $2 a gallon, I'll be glad I got the 4-cylinder model.

Of course, I won't be glad UNTIL that happens.

And I think the castration is included, Simplex. Thank you very much.

:deevee:

Bugeater 02-19-2007 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
A G6??? Does the castration come with the car or is that extra?

That's kinda harsh, he isn't buying a minivan.

keg in kc 02-19-2007 09:39 PM

We had a G6 in Hawaii, Tim. Wasn't a bad car.

Phobia 02-19-2007 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater
That's kinda harsh, he isn't buying a minivan.

Ouch.