ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs With Sunday start for Chiefs, Quinn could reclaim his career. (KC Star) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264961)

Sorter 10-10-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9000756)
BTW Landry Jones has twice as many yards and TD's in his college career than Tannehill ever had. But you knew Tannehill was a first round QB and Jones is not. You have no ****ing clue.

Landry Jones will not be a productive NFL player. Guaranteed.

DaneMcCloud 10-10-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9000756)
BTW Landry Jones has twice as many yards and TD's in his college career than Tannehill ever had. But you knew Tannehill was a first round QB and Jones is not. You have no ****ing clue.

You have no ****ing clue, n00b.

Landry Jones is a ****ing joke and IMO, a likely 4th rounder.

Under pressure, the guy couldn't hit the broad side of a broad.

MeatRock 10-10-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9000772)
Landry Jones will not be a productive NFL player. Guaranteed.

Not saying he will or will not be. I'm pointing out Billays dumbassery about Jones not being a first round QB, yet he wanted to trade up for Tannehill who was taken in the first round. If Tannehill was a first round QB then why the **** would Jones not be considered a first round prospect.

MeatRock 10-10-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9000774)
You have no ****ing clue, n00b.

Landry Jones is a ****ing joke and IMO, a likely 4th rounder.

Under pressure, the guy couldn't hit the broad side of a broad.

Reading the ****ing post's before you post is hard shit.

DaneMcCloud 10-10-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9000779)
Reading the ****ing post's before you post is hard shit.

Excuse me, Meat?

And it's "posts", not "post's".

Dumbass.

DaneMcCloud 10-10-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9000777)
Not saying he will or will not be. I'm pointing out Billays dumbassery about Jones not being a first round QB, yet he wanted to trade up for Tannehill who was taken in the first round. If Tannehill was a first round QB then why the **** would Jones not be considered a first round prospect.

Clearly, football and grammar aren't your strong suit.

MeatRock 10-10-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9000783)
Excuse me, Meat?

And it's "posts", not "post's".

Dumbass.

Ok. Thank you for the English lesson. Dick

Sorter 10-10-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9000777)

He won't be considered a 1st round prospect due to the concerns Dane expressed IMO. He struggles with progressions, relies on checkdowns, and has poor pocket awareness. Additionally, he is the opposite of clutch and rarely rises to the occasion, if ever.

Tannehill's physical attributes were much better than Jones as well, IMO. Additionally, you did see flashes from Tannehill against elite competition. I wasn't a huge fan of Tannehill so I'm not going to go all Wendler on you and pretend I am now.

However, Billay is right IMO that Jones will not be a 1st rounder, especially if he continues on his current projections.

DBOSHO 10-10-2012 11:59 PM

God it would be awesome if by somehow someway Quinn turned into a franchise qb this year. But im not getting my hopes up.

Im sure the gameplan calls for another 50 rushes and 8 passes in the first half

DaneMcCloud 10-11-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9000721)
ROFL

He hasn't started a game since 2009. He's been beat out by Derek Anderson, Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, and Matt Cassel. He was barely better than Ricky Stanzi in the pre season.

I'm not going to defend the guy but I think it's unfair to say he was "beaten out" by Orton and, Tebow, Stanzi or Cassel. He was stuck in unwinnable situations in each scenario.

To be completely honest, I have absolutely no idea if the guy has the talent to be an NFL starter and I doubt that given his shitty luck, anyone else does, either.

We'll ALL have a better idea on Sunday but I'm not going to bash the guy until I actually see him, you know, play.

Sorter 10-11-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9000799)
I'm not going to defend the guy but I think it's unfair to say he was "beaten out" by Orton and, Tebow, Stanzi or Cassel. He was stuck in unwinnable situations in each scenario.

To be completely honest, I have absolutely no idea if the guy has the talent to be an NFL starter and I doubt that given his shitty luck, anyone else does, either.

We'll ALL have a better idea on Sunday but I'm not going to bash the guy until I actually see him, you know, play.

I think everyone but Clay thinks that.

BigMeatballDave 10-11-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9000721)
ROFL

He hasn't started a game since 2009. He's been beat out by Derek Anderson, Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, and Matt Cassel. He was barely better than Ricky Stanzi in the pre season.

To suggest he was beat out Cassel means you think he was actually given an equal opportunity to be starter.

MeatRock 10-11-2012 12:14 AM

I'm not a Landry Jones advocate. Based on statistics over a 4 year college career Jones has the numbers and size, 6'4' 215, to entice an NFL team to take him in the first round.
Tannehill only played 2 years in college and went in the first round. Jones' current year is not horrible by any means 93/147 63.3 1032 7.0 7td 2int. I agree Jones isn't clutch, but the numbers are there.

DaneMcCloud 10-11-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9000816)
I'm not a Landry Jones advocate. Based on statistics over a 4 year college career Jones has the numbers and size, 6'4' 215, to entice an NFL team to take him in the first round.
Tannehill only played 2 years in college and went in the first round. Jones' current year is not horrible by any means 93/147 63.3 1032 7.0 7td 2int. I agree Jones isn't clutch, but the numbers are there.

No, they're not.

And if you watched the K-State game, you'll see how he wilts under pressure. He's a late rounder at this point. Beating up St. Mary's of the Plains won't pad his resume. That said, I'll hold ultimate judgement until after he faces Texas. That should be a great test.

Manny's going to bring the house against him.

Sorter 10-11-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9000816)

If all teams could look at were the numbers you referenced then sure. Of course, you start looking at his YPA, YPC, 3rd down %, and quite a few more relevant statistics when evaluating players. It isn't just completion %, TDs, and Ints. Then you can factor in with your YPA how far the ball is actually thrown (i.e. is he a product of a system/bubble screens or does he actually drive the ball downfield? In Jones' case, the first part is true)

Statistics while useful are often misleading. Game film however, is revealing. Landry Jones does not have 1st round tape. It is pretty obvious to see.