ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   First Down Elvis has a good question that needs answered by us fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=99128)

BigRedChief 09-20-2004 06:35 AM

First Down Elvis has a good question that needs answered by us fans

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Down Elvis
It's so horrible, I think we should stick around and be machosistic for the whole season. Are we the dumbest fans in the league? We keep cheering for them over and over again. when your team isn't playing well, you don't stand around and take it. Are wereally that dumb, or are we unable to break free because we don't know any better or should just stop being fans all together?

Guilty as charged good buddy...guilty as charged. But what do we do about it. I love my Chiefs. I can't give up my season tickets just yet...

But how do we effect change as a fan? Just not show up for the games but pay for the season tickets? Tell them we are giving up on them and to cancel our season tickets? Lead protests? Write letters? What is the answer? Your opinion?

Rausch 09-20-2004 06:45 AM

You cheer on your team, watch the game next week, and hope they find a way to win...

the Talking Can 09-20-2004 06:50 AM

you go to the game, come home, drink till black out, beat your kids, drive your truck into your neighbors pool, sleep on the floating hood, pee in your jeans, blame it on CP...

memyselfI 09-20-2004 06:51 AM

Dang, that sounds like one of my rants during the Grdebacle. :eek:

chief52 09-20-2004 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
You cheer on your team, watch the game next week, and hope they find a way to win...

That is about all you can do...

Hydrae 09-20-2004 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
you go to the game, come home, drink till black out, beat your kids, drive your truck into your neighbors pool, sleep on the floating hood, pee in your jeans, blame it on CP...

Hey! It's not the Planet's fault! :cuss:

BigRedChief 09-20-2004 07:02 AM

Nobody can question First Down Elvis's passion for the team. He's having the same thoughts we all are...Our we gluttons for punishment...Are we becoming the Cubs of the NFL? Passoinate supporters of our team but nothing to show for it.

Saulbadguy 09-20-2004 07:05 AM

Whats the question?

Mile High Mania 09-20-2004 07:08 AM

Fans need to be fans. Sure, the front office needs to receive a "messge" from the fans, but in the end - you need to support your team.

We're all very passionate about our respective teams, but we all have issues with how the owners run the team or how the current teams were built.

Just like all the BS that Bowlen does that drives me crazy, what am I to do? Stop cheering for the team I've loved for 2 decades?

I understand why you guys are at the breaking point, but you have to support your 'team'. It's not their fault. Hunt, Peterson, Vermeil and company need a message ... but, you have to support your team.

stevieray 09-20-2004 07:13 AM

Sorry ya'll, I was being sarcastic...to a point.

People bitch, but don't do anything...but bitch some more.

While I'm not happy, I can't go down that road.

Saulbadguy 09-20-2004 07:15 AM

We took a gamble this year...a calculated risk. We believed, and so did CP and DV, that bringing in a new defensive scheme would improve the defense.

Sorry, but just about everyone sang Gunthers praises, and believed he could turn the defense around, including myself. There were a skeptical few that believed we did not have enough talent, and now i'm starting to believe that too.

Hindsight is 20/20. They made a poor decision IMO, but at the time, they believed it was the right one, as did most of you.

Saulbadguy 09-20-2004 07:17 AM

Oh..and I will continue to support this team no matter what. My advice to you fans who want to take arms and do something about this teams poor performance: write a letter. It will make you feel better, and heck, they might even read it. Not showing up to the games, or god for bid "protesting" won't help the situation at all.

Brian Myles 09-20-2004 07:20 AM

For christs' sake we're 0-2 not 0-12. We've lost two games to good teams. I would suggest rather that choosing any of the above options try getting a life so that you have something to keep you from putting so much importance on the outcome of a football game. Being a fan is fun and frustrating for everyone. To make such a drama out of it is sad and pathetic. If it bugs you so much just find something else to spend your time on.

I gave up on the Royals and my life is now easier. If they win it's great. If they don't so what. It doesn't make me a different person and it certainly doesn't send me into a deep depression or make me feel that "I" have a responsibility as a fan to do something about it. The Chiefs will probably win a more than a few games this year and may still get a playoff spot. If they don't, then Vermeil, Peterson and company will be the ones to pay for it, not us.

If you really wanna protest though, stop buying tickets and going to the games. Some empty seat in Arrowhead will hurt their bottom line...as well as their egos....and maye they'll get the message that they need to work harder to win if they want our financial support. Otherwise stop whinning.

BigRedChief 09-20-2004 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Myles
For christs' sake we're 0-2 not 0-12. We've lost two games to good teams. I would suggest rather that choosing any of the above options try getting a life so that you have something to keep you from putting so much importance on the outcome of a football game. Being a fan is fun and frustrating for everyone. To make such a drama out of it is sad and pathetic. If it bugs you so much just find something else to spend your time on.

I gave up on the Royals and my life is now easier. If they win it's great. If they don't so what. It doesn't make me a different person and it certainly doesn't send me into a deep depression or make me feel that "I" have a responsibility as a fan to do something about it. The Chiefs will probably win a more than a few games this year and may still get a playoff spot. If they don't, then Vermeil, Peterson and company will be the ones to pay for it, not us.

If you really wanna protest though, stop buying tickets and going to the games. Some empty seat in Arrowhead will hurt their bottom line...as well as their egos....and maye they'll get the message that they need to work harder to win if they want our financial support. Otherwise stop whinning.

You got some personal issues dude...

Brian Myles 09-20-2004 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Down Elvis
Sorry ya'll, I was being sarcastic...to a point.

People bitch, but don't do anything...but bitch some more.

While I'm not happy, I can't go down that road.

Gotcha Stevieray.... I understand your pain but it's amazing how little I care about what happened yesterday since I decided to stop letting losses get to me.