ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is it remotely possible that we are not as bad as we look? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=189735)

Red Dawg 08-24-2008 08:21 AM

Is it remotely possible that we are not as bad as we look?

Lots of teams have looked horrible this time of year but turned out to have decent seasons. Are the Chiefs one of them?

Mr. Arrowhead 08-24-2008 08:23 AM

could be, but i seriously doubt it.

SAUTO 08-24-2008 08:23 AM

we HOPE

nychief 08-24-2008 08:24 AM

Well one hopes young players improve as they play more in the NFL - none of these clowns have played in a regular season game...

DeepSouth 08-24-2008 09:34 AM

The Phins have giving up seven points in the first two quarters of their three preseason games. I think the starting Defense of the Phins might be better than everyone thinks.

I just watched the first half on the NFL Network replay. Croyle started the night with Bowe dropping the first pass. The second attempt was like the middle of the Offensive line did not exist. He was running for his life right after the snap. He threw that one away while on the run versus taking the sack. The worse throw he made in the first half was the interception at the end.

I'm still optimistic Croyle could be good. If the OL play can ever get it together, we might see more of the Chicago Croyle versus the Miami Croyle.

btlook1 08-24-2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 4941460)
The Phins have giving up seven points in the first two quarters of their three preseason games. I think the starting Defense of the Phins might be better than everyone thinks.

I just watched the first half on the NFL Network replay. Croyle started the night with Bowe dropping the first pass. The second attempt was like the middle of the Offensive line did not exist. He was running for his life right after the snap. He threw that one away while on the run versus taking the sack. The worse throw he made in the first half was the interception at the end.

I'm still optimistic Croyle could be good. If the OL play can ever get it together, we might see more of the Chicago Croyle versus the Miami Croyle.

I sure hope you are right! The OL is going to have to get better. Next years draft. OL,OL,Lb,CB,OL,OL, then a kicker? Flowers is going to be a stud after he gets some time in!

C-Mac 08-24-2008 09:53 AM

The Chiefs stunk it up in every facet of the game, but realistically they could have and should have scored 10 (meaningless) points.
Consolation, the Raiders faired just as bad or worse against the Cardinals in yesterdays game, scoring zero points also, as did the Bengals against the Saints.
The Redskins, Titans and Browns did not score a TD in their third preseason game either.
Tamba Hali had one tackle and zero sacks, Jared Allen had zero tackles and zero sacks against the Steelers.

SAUTO 08-24-2008 09:58 AM

tamba>allen

DeepSouth 08-24-2008 10:01 AM

I still have hope for the KC defense. They only gave up three points in the first quarter. The second quarter was a punt return for a TD and then the short field TD after Croyle had the ball knocked loose from behind. The only other score was in the fourth quarter after the 80 yard run against the backups.

InChiefsHeaven 08-24-2008 10:44 AM

That play on 4th and goal smelled like Solari...they interviewed Brian Waters on TV from the sidelines, and he eluded to the fact that they only had 2 or 3 plays for that situation. The radio and TV coverage mentioed that the Chiefs did not game plan for this game. So, yeah, you gotta hope that we are better than they looked, but IMO you don't want to get worse every preseason game, you want to get better. We have stepped backwards since the Chicago game...lets hope when the regular season arrives they play harder than this cuz they looked like they were flat and passionless...

...and also, LJ STILL can't block worth a shit...

SAUTO 08-24-2008 10:45 AM

lj could he just doesnt

TrebMaxx 08-24-2008 10:58 AM

I don't agree with not game planning by the third preseason game. Especially with the young guys we have, they need to get the feeling of what the game will be like when the game counts.

RealSNR 08-24-2008 11:04 AM

We will not play this poorly every Sunday, no. So the Chiefs aren't as bad as they look.

But we're still bad.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-24-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 4941654)
We will not play this poorly every Sunday, no. So the Chiefs aren't as bad as they look.

But we're still bad.

Exactly, it is not like they are going to play the same way every single week. Playing well CONSISTENTLY is what makes the good teams. Even the bad teams have a couple games where they play well. This year will likely be a struggle, but there will be some good weeks.

007 08-24-2008 11:39 AM

Keep dreaming. It gets worse before it gets better.