ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Croyle better have a good game in Miami (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=189224)

Bearcat 08-16-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4920694)
I see flashes that he might be a good QB. But a superstar?? I dont see it.

He deserves the whole season ( i doubt he makes it through). We are kind of stuck with him this year anyways. But i have a strong suspicion, we will be looking for a franchise QB next April.

We don't need a superstar. :shrug:

In Herm's perfect world, we need a quarterback that compliments the running game and doesn't make turnovers.

Look at Eli Manning and his career stats and tell me 1) he looked like a QB that could make it after his rookie season, and 2) how he won a SB last year.

beach tribe 08-16-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight_Vulture (Post 4920331)
Hey virgin

We are screwed at QB. Why cant some of you understand that?

It's saturday night, and the big lady slayer is at home on the internet.

Is you're bike broke down or something?

Wile_E_Coyote 08-16-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 4920714)
Because the people who are paid professionals SAY SO.

That's it. I am trolling because I doubt Croyle's ability, and Herm is just givng him a chance? Heaven forbid

Nightfyre 08-16-2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wile_E_Coyote (Post 4920724)
That's it. I am trolling because I doubt Croyle's ability, and Herm is just givng him a chance? Heaven forbid

You are trolling because every thing you said on the front page screams "trolling for responses to my pathetic thread"

Observe:

...because I see nothing
He had one good series against the Bears & since, squat
How many series has he had? How many has he made a difference? The running game saved his bacon tonight. I am not impressed
He needs a good game next week, for him & the Chiefs

At what point were you going to address the conversation actually occuring in the thread? All you had were a bunch of single line insubstantial statements meant to bump your shitty thread.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-16-2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4920694)
I see flashes that he might be a good QB. But a superstar?? I dont see it.

He deserves the whole season ( i doubt he makes it through). We are kind of stuck with him this year anyways. But i have a strong suspicion, we will be looking for a franchise QB next April.

I think we'll be looking for a new starting QB next April as well, or maybe even a vet through free agency. I hope it works out for the guy, but I doubt he becomes what we hope.

MadMax 08-16-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 4920711)
I think Croyle looks good, and will have a decent season

NOOOOOOOOO! Don't bring that positive chit up into dis humpty bumpty. Let us "develop" Huard for another season :)

milkman 08-16-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 4920606)
If Dave Grohl suited up in place of Croyle, would we even be able to tell the difference?

I can't stand Croyle. I have watched football for a long time, and when I watch Croyle play QB, there is nothing I see that makes me think he is a Pro QB, now or in the future.

But, these experts on this board really know their stuff, and they post on the internet, so they must be right.

What I find funny is that you lnow exactly as much as the experts on the board, which is to say, not a damn thing.

There isn't a single poster here who knows if Croyle will be successful, or that he'll never amount to anything.

I've watched football for a long time, and when I watch Croyle I see some things that I like.
I see a guy who has the tools to succeed.

But the fact is, neither you, nor I, have a ****ing clue.

JuicesFlowing 08-16-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 4920713)
Not to brag, but I have won as many SuperBowls as a Head Coach as Marty and Herm combined.

And what is your point about people making a living coaching and making personnel decisions? You mean the great thinkers that did things like draft Todd Blackledge, Trezelle Jenkins and Ryan Sims? Yes, player evaluation is much better left to the experts.

I'm amazed at how many people think winning a Super bowl is easy and expected. There are 32 teams in the league and a lot of teams aren't as successful as our Chiefs ... Go ride the Dallas bandwagon.

KcMizzou 08-16-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 4920745)
I've watched football for a long time, and when I watch Croyle I see some things that I like.

Exactly.

Nightfyre 08-16-2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 4920745)
What I find funny is that you lnow exactly as much as the experts on the board, which is to say, not a damn thing.

There isn't a single poster here who knows if Croyle will be successful, or that he'll never amount to anything.

Exactly my point. The people who have the BEST clue are those who work with him every day. All we can do is have faith and support him. If we rush QBs in and out constantly, we'll never find one because they take 2-3 years to develop.

MadMax 08-16-2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 4920723)
It's saturday night, and the big lady slayer is at home on the internet.

Is you're bike broke down or something?

It's in the shop getting that brand spanking new he-man sticker applied..;)

keg in kc 08-16-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 4920738)
I doubt he becomes what we hope.

I'm guessing what we hope (and by 'we' i mean the team) is that he becomes Elvis Grbac or Steve DeBerg. They're not looking for Brett Favre (nor do they want a player like that). They don't want a superstar, they want a game manager that won't necessarily win a game, but won't lose one either. And that's what he's been so far this preseason, 55-60% passing, no picks, and shown that the offense can move the chains at times.

Wile_E_Coyote 08-16-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 4920736)
You are trolling because every thing you said on the front page screams "trolling for responses to my pathetic thread"

Observe:

...because I see nothing
He had one good series against the Bears & since, squat
How many series has he had? How many has he made a difference? The running game saved his bacon tonight. I am not impressed
He needs a good game next week, for him & the Chiefs

At what point were you going to address the conversation actually occuring in the thread? All you had were a bunch of single line insubstantial statements meant to bump your shitty thread.

Then leave the thread, no one is holding a gun to your head. Kindly piss off

KcMizzou 08-16-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuicesFlowing (Post 4920749)
I'm amazed at how many people think winning a Super bowl is easy and expected. There are 32 teams in the league and a lot of teams aren't as successful as our Chiefs ... Go ride the Dallas bandwagon.

Amen. One team is a success, the other 31 are failures.

Now obviously, I'm not happy with 4-12 either. But I think this team is getting better. And really, that's all I ask.

You can go on and post all the bile and venom you want about it, but it's not gonna make your favorite team any better.

The Chiefs are rebuilding. And for once, they're doing it the right way. Watch the young players improve... and have a little patience for ****'s sake.

EDIT: FIVE YEAR PLAN BLAHBLAHBLAH STFU

Chiefs Pantalones 08-16-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4920766)
I'm guessing what we hope (and by 'we' i mean the team) is that he becomes Elvis Grbac or Steve DeBerg. They're not looking for Brett Favre (nor do they want a player like that). They don't want a superstar, they want a game manager that won't necessarily win a game, but won't lose one either. And that's what he's been so far this preseason, 55-60% passing, no picks, and shown that the offense can move the chains at times.

I'd take my chances at competing to win Super Bowls with guys like Favre, or Manning, or Brady. I'd take my chances at winning ONLY playoff games, and that's it, with guys like Grbac, DeBerg, etc.

Game managers don't win Super Bowls. Eli Manning is not a game manager either, I don't care what people say.