ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Meth is fun (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267406)

htismaqe 12-06-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9184770)
So this is a daily thing? Caffeine tolerance develops very quickly. You might want to lay off for 2 weeks and see how things go.

Can't. Hopelessly addicted. I can't function until I have at least a full cup of coffee.

loochy 12-06-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9184771)
I thought so.

I remember when that stuff was all the rave, and whenever a parent didn't want to "parent" and let their kids run wild they just took them in and got a prescrip for that garbage.

Discipline with possible spankings or ADD drugs? That's an easy decision IMO.

I always find it amazing that a stimulant can make a hyper kid less hyper.

notorious 12-06-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9184766)
It's not an anti-depressant. It's a stimulant.

Just like Ridalin or even amphetamines.

That is what I was trying to think of.

htismaqe 12-06-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9184773)
I always find it amazing that a stimulant can make a hyper kid less hyper.

I think it's just stimulation overload. Essentially, you're pushing their nervous system over the edge and causing it to short circuit.

That's the way I see it at least but I'm not a doctor.

I know a couple of kids in their early 20's that were on that shit for years (much longer than is recommended actually) and they're like zombies. Might as well be shooting up opiates because they're lethargic droolers.

loochy 12-06-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9184775)
That is what I was trying to think of.

Ritalin and Adderall are used for the same thing, so you were on the right track.

loochy 12-06-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9184788)
I think it's just stimulation overload. Essentially, you're pushing their nervous system over the edge and causing it to short circuit.

That's the way I see it at least but I'm not a doctor.

I know a couple of kids in their early 20's that were on that shit for years (much longer than is recommended actually) and they're like zombies. Might as well be shooting up opiates because they're lethargic droolers.

There's no way in hell that I put my kids on that stuff.

htismaqe 12-06-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9184793)
There's no way in hell that I put my kids on that stuff.

Me either.

Dave Lane 12-06-2012 09:25 AM

How to become a Vampire in 5 easy steps.

NewChief 12-06-2012 10:01 AM

Best explanation I've heard for the ADHD epidemic:

Our kids are now amazingly stimulated by a huge variety of media from birth. They live in a world that is EXTREMELY stimulating and with constant diversions such as computers, television, music, handhelds, etc.. etc..

Then you take them and put them in a completely non-stimulating environment where a person stands in front of the class, trying to teach them "boring" stuff (in comparison to the media they're accustomed to consuming).

Then when they don't/can't pay attention, we label them with ADD/ADHD and give them drugs to help them focus.

BigCatDaddy 12-06-2012 10:21 AM

Meth is fun for about 8-10 hours then you come down and it sucks or you are up for 3 days chasing a high and that isn't much better.

ModSocks 12-06-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9184907)

Our kids are now amazingly stimulated by a huge variety of media from birth. They live in a world that is EXTREMELY stimulating and with constant diversions such as computers, television, music, handhelds, etc.. etc..

Then you take them and put them in a completely non-stimulating environment where a person stands in front of the class, trying to teach them "boring" stuff (in comparison to the media they're accustomed to consuming).

Then when they don't/can't pay attention, we label them with ADD/ADHD and give them drugs to help them focus.

Sad but true.

htismaqe 12-06-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Never really thought of it that way but it sure sounds accurate.

BigCatDaddy 12-06-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

I wonder if kids that don't attend a preschool are more likely to have that problem.

Ace Gunner 12-06-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

true, but the key in developing focus is discipline. kids don't have any because parents don't give any and this mostly due to new gov't laws.

ModSocks 12-06-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9184961)
I wonder if kids that don't attend a preschool are more likely to have that problem.

I know a kid who didn't do a day of preschool and is excelling in his first year of grade school. He's a Kindergartner who's just a few months in and is already taking home 1st grade reading and math homework.